Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, Rehabman, EliteBook 2570p using HotPatch to patch ACPI, run OS High Sierra very smoothly, thank you for your guide.

Hey, Rehabman, EliteBook 2570p using HotPatch to patch ACPI, run OS High Sierra very smoothly, thank you for your guide.

Did you use the 'beta' branch? (I'm wondering about the SHUT=0 change).

I understand the patch for the BootGraphicsGlitch, which was at 10.12 is no longer needed in 10.13 ??

I understand the patch for the BootGraphicsGlitch, which was at 10.12 is no longer needed in 10.13 ??

The same issue still exists (and there is a new patch for 10.13), but since the scripts in this guide install IntelGraphicsFixup.kext (and Lilu.kext), the patch is performed there instead of via config.plist KextsToPatch.

The same issue still exists (and there is a new patch for 10.13), but since the scripts in this guide install IntelGraphicsFixup.kext (and Lilu.kext), the patch is performed there instead of via config.plist KextsToPatch.

understand, thanks

Also noticed that the XMPDetection is off, and there is no AddClockID and FixOwnership
I understand that XMPDetection is not needed, because the automatic overclocking of memory is not used and the functional becomes useless ???
Absence of AddClockID - the problem with sleep is solved somehow differently ???
FixOvnership does not need, because in ufi-boot is not true ??

Last edited:
Absence of AddClockID - the problem with sleep is solved somehow differently ???

With current ACPI/USB setup, AAPL,clock-id has not been needed for a very long period of time and was not active anyway.
Note that Inject/ClockID has no effect without Inject=true.

FixOvnership does not need, because in ufi-boot is not true ??

Seems there is no issue with EHCI/xHCI handoff, so I removed it.

I need help, the installer dont run, someone can upload an efi folder to the hp elitebook 8470p please?? thanks, I use the same efi folder that i use for osx sierra whith the files of the guide

Last edited:
I need help, the installer dont run, someone can upload an efi folder to the hp elitebook 8470p please?? thanks, I use the same efi folder that i use for osx sierra whith the files of the guide

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Also, your profile has no hardware details.
Please fix as per FAQ. Before your next reply.

Ok sorry, my laptop is hp elitebook 8470p
With HD 4000 graphics 1366x768
8gb ram
I5 3210M 2,5GH
SSD 128GB

I use the guide and I use the same efi folder than i use for sierra, and the installer is charguin in the apple, i supose that the problem is in the efi folder

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    27.3 MB · Views: 232
Ok sorry, my laptop is hp elitebook 8470p
With HD 4000 graphics 1366x768
8gb ram
I5 3210M 2,5GH
SSD 128GB

I use the guide and I use the same efi folder than i use for sierra, and the installer is charguin in the apple, i supose that the problem is in the efi folder

EFI not requested.
EFI/Clover will be much smaller than 27.3mb.

Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back