Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
You should have waited. I just updated Lilu.kext on bitbucket (to 1.2.2) this morning.
You need to use the latest Lilu.kext.

OK.. next time I`ll turn Off Automatic Updates.
but how to update these Lilu Kext ? beside I can`t get in to desktop
:crazy:

Hi Rehabman, hope everything is going great with you.
I would like to ask you about this: I have been using the hotpatch tecnique on the Probook 4530s for some time actualy with absolutely no issues (everything working perfectly fine), until i upgraded recently into High Sierra (made the biggest mistake to change the file format, in which it is best to stay at HFS).
At High Sierra, i had to upgrade the drivers and noted that i lost the brightness controllers, and couldn't get it to work (supposedly when i have some spare time, i will grab an unused hdd and install high sierra on it and test the 4530s compactibility on everything).
So i reinstalled from zero to my know best OS configuration (Sierra by 10.12) with my usb stick that works 100%, and with the newest drivers (repatched and made a git clone recently after the new install), i am getting everything working properly, except some graphic glitches (pc wont freeze) or no graphic glitches after some restarts, but prone to freeze 20-30min later. Here is an image of the glitches. They are, yes, captured by the print screen, and even escalates into a external screen.

Any ideas?

HP Probook 4530s
Intel Core i7 2670QM 2.2ghz
2x 8gb DDR3 1600mhz
HD3000 at 1920x1080

Attachments

• HD3000 Glitches.jpg
    HD3000 Glitches.jpg
    290 KB · Views: 119
OK.. next time I`ll turn Off Automatic Updates.
but how to update these Lilu Kext ? beside I can`t get in to desktop
:crazy:

Boot into recovery and replace the kext with the updated version.

Hi Rehabman, hope everything is going great with you.
I would like to ask you about this: I have been using the hotpatch tecnique on the Probook 4530s for some time actualy with absolutely no issues (everything working perfectly fine), until i upgraded recently into High Sierra (made the biggest mistake to change the file format, in which it is best to stay at HFS).
At High Sierra, i had to upgrade the drivers and noted that i lost the brightness controllers, and couldn't get it to work (supposedly when i have some spare time, i will grab an unused hdd and install high sierra on it and test the 4530s compactibility on everything).
So i reinstalled from zero to my know best OS configuration (Sierra by 10.12) with my usb stick that works 100%, and with the newest drivers (repatched and made a git clone recently after the new install), i am getting everything working properly, except some graphic glitches (pc wont freeze) or no graphic glitches after some restarts, but prone to freeze 20-30min later. Here is an image of the glitches. They are, yes, captured by the print screen, and even escalates into a external screen.

Any ideas?

HP Probook 4530s
Intel Core i7 2670QM 2.2ghz
2x 8gb DDR3 1600mhz
HD3000 at 1920x1080

Brightness will work if you follow the guide in post #1.
If you have an issue, you must attach problem reporting files.

Brightness will work if you follow the guide in post #1.
If you have an issue, you must attach problem reporting files.

Actually it has to do with the graphic glitches under 10.12.6.
PFA the reporting files.

Attachments

• debug_28548.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 74
Actually it has to do with the graphic glitches under 10.12.6.
PFA the reporting files.

OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi is missing from drviers64UEFI.
Don't forget about EC reset.

Why is kextcache.txt empty? Seems impossible, since no FakeSMC.kext in Clover/kexts and of course it is impossible to boot any hack without FakeSMC.kext.
Sorry for the delayed response...
Since kextcache direct its output to standard error, but I use `kextcache -u / | tee kextcache.txt' to gather stream....Now changed:
Code:
# kextcache -u / 2>&1 | tee kextcache.txt
Initial USB customation also created...
Model specific SSDT updated...

See attached file.

Attachments

• hp_1030_g1.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 81
Last edited:
Boot into recovery and replace the kext with the updated version.
should I create USB Installer High Sierra 10.13.2 to boot from recovery mode ?

I just updated to 10.13.2 and forgot about kexts. So, I've got KP. I have booted into Recovery HD, updated Lilu.kext via Terminal in EFI and S/L/E from USB (cp -r ...)
KP still exists, and Recovery doesn't load if Lilu.kext is enabled. I don't know what to do.
8470p

upd: After replacing Lilu.kext in /Volumes/DISKNAME/System/Library/Extensions/ it finally worked.
My opinion: it's better to stay on previous version of system if everything works fine.

Last edited:
Sorry for the delayed response...
Since kextcache direct its output to standard error, but I use `kextcache -u / | tee kextcache.txt' to gather stream....Now changed:
Code:
# kextcache -u / 2>&1 | tee kextcache.txt
Initial USB customation also created...
Model specific SSDT updated...

See attached file.

For the USB customization, you will need to submit ioreg as per post #1, "USB customization".
Too bad your trackpad is ALPS.

As I asked in `CLOVER LAPTOP GUIDE', I cannot download complete High Sierra installation app right now....Only get a 13MB installer...
After googling...I found other people also run into this problem...So I still to find a solution....
Code:
$ md5 /System/Library/Frameworks/IOKit.framework/IOKit
MD5 (/System/Library/Frameworks/IOKit.framework/IOKit) = f238e7c45a405e520f5852c89a81707b

Did you solve the 13mb installer problem yet?
I don't have 10.11 installed anywhere (so can't verify vanilla md5 for IOKit).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back