Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry mate, I said as him/her :) that wasn't my post

If you face "the same issue", then you still have Lilu.kext installed.
Because as I wrote, the video clearly shows KP from Lilu.kext.
It was you that wrote "same issue". If your statement was not accurate, well...

Hi, I have a HP Probook 430 G1 running Yosemite (I used the PBI-CE guide years ago). I'd like to update to High Sierra. I've read the part of the guide with the instructions to do that. My question is, after I do those passages, can I just run the High Sierra installer?

I have to add that some time ago I changed my HDD with a SSD.

Hi, I have a HP Probook 430 G1 running Yosemite (I used the PBI-CE guide years ago). I'd like to update to High Sierra. I've read the part of the guide with the instructions to do that. My question is, after I do those passages, can I just run the High Sierra installer?

I have to add that some time ago I changed my HDD with a SSD.

With SSD and 10.13, you should consider forcing HFS+J as there can be issues with APFS.

With SSD and 10.13, you should consider forcing HFS+J as there can be issues with APFS.
What about 10.12? Could I follow those instructions and directly update? Updating clover too.

Because I tried to do a full install of 10.13 following your guide but I can't boot.

What about 10.12? Could I follow those instructions and directly update? Updating clover too.

Because I tried to do a full install of 10.13 following your guide but I can't boot.

This guide also covers Sierra.
If you have an issue, you must provide "Problem Reporting" files as per FAQ.

I just wanted to know if it was possible to update to Sierra from my PBI-CE, would be faster

PBI-CE is not supported.
Read post #1.

PBI-CE is not supported.
Read post #1.
Yes I know but in post#1 there is this:

To transition from PBI-CE based install

If you used the ProBook Installer-Clover Edition (PBI-CE), you can transition to this hotpatch setup:

- remove all files in EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched except for SSDT.aml (it came from ssdtPRGen.sh)
- then follow all instructions for post-install in the guide (ACPI/patched, config.plist)
- you can skip the part about "Power Management" unless you accidentally deleted SSDT.aml
- ./downloads.sh and ./install_downloads.sh can be used to update your kexts

My question is. If I do this instructions and I update to Sierra, will it work?

Yes I know but in post#1 there is this:

To transition from PBI-CE based install

If you used the ProBook Installer-Clover Edition (PBI-CE), you can transition to this hotpatch setup:

- remove all files in EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched except for SSDT.aml (it came from ssdtPRGen.sh)
- then follow all instructions for post-install in the guide (ACPI/patched, config.plist)
- you can skip the part about "Power Management" unless you accidentally deleted SSDT.aml
- ./downloads.sh and ./install_downloads.sh can be used to update your kexts

My question is. If I do this instructions and I update to Sierra, will it work?

If you do it correctly and have no other problems on your system, the update to Sierra should work.
Of course, no one here can tell exactly what you have on your system.

My suggestion:
- make a backup that you know how to use
- attempt as per guide

I re-enabled the patch and disabled sleep/wake CodecCommander actions for CX8200.
Please test.
Thanks let me test will give feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back