Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

I've installed High Sierra on a HP Elitebook 8460p (Intel HD 3000) following the guide. Everything's working very fine, except VGA output.

I wonder if there is any hotpatch for that,

Thank you very much,
Captura de pantalla 2017-11-13 a las 17.21.12.png

Hello,

I've installed High Sierra on a HP Elitebook 8460p (Intel HD 3000) following the guide. Everything's working very fine, except VGA output.

Thank you very much,
View attachment 292321
vga hasn't been supported for a few years on mac

vga hasn't been supported for a few years on mac

in my hp 4230s, vga port works from 10.7~10.13.
02050000 00040000 0700
06020000 00010000 0900
now, there is no vga patch in rehabman's github

also i tried to find vga patch and HDMI for snow leopard. but i saw two ports with snb-platform-id 0x00010000.
LVDS, and DP1
snbfb 10.6.8 has big difference compared to snbfb 10.7
still searching..

I've seen in another forum guys talking about patching some kexts, but the HEX old-fashioned way, not hotpatching or patching with Clover...

What do you try to say with:
in my hp 4230s, vga port works from 10.7~10.13.
02050000 00040000 0700
06020000 00010000 0900

Thank you,

Hi everyone.
I had a perfectly working hackintosh with sierra on my hp probook 450 but I was dumb and I updated to High Sierra.
After the installation I can only see the clover boot manager but I don't have any options for booting my osx disk.
Please note that I don't have any other os installed on this computer.
If I insert the USB key I used to install sierra some months ago I can see the "boot from install_osx" option which is the USB key.

Is there a way to add back the clover entry from the uefi shell?

Hello,

Thank you very much,
View attachment 292321

VGA is not supported (somewhat common knowledge... Apple's computers don't have VGA ports. And although patches can be done to enable it, such patches cause problems for HDMI/DP/internal display).

Hi everyone.
I had a perfectly working hackintosh with sierra on my hp probook 450 but I was dumb and I updated to High Sierra.
After the installation I can only see the clover boot manager but I don't have any options for booting my osx disk.
Please note that I don't have any other os installed on this computer.
If I insert the USB key I used to install sierra some months ago I can see the "boot from install_osx" option which is the USB key.

Is there a way to add back the clover entry from the uefi shell?

If you upgraded an SSD, you probably converted to APFS and forgot apfs.efi in drivers64UEFI.

VGA is not supported (somewhat common knowledge... Apple's computers don't have VGA ports. And although patches can be done to enable it, such patches cause problems for HDMI/DP/internal display).
Thank you for your answer. Remembering the old Snow Leopard times when I had VGA output on my old 2007 Acer Aspire 5315, I thought there was a patch nowadays, too :) Nice to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back