Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Attach the files from when it was working.
And attach current files.

Hi, me again :)

Well some things changed about my laptop...
First I've replaced my 1366x900 screen panel to 1920x1080 FULL HD IPS panel, problem was screen was garbled upon booting in OS, I've fixed it by enabling UEFI hybrid CMS, now it works OK

About my DP ports... I think my cheap ebay DP to DVI dongle stoped working, so we will continue to debug DP ports when I get proper original HP DP to HDMI and HP DP to DVI dongles. For now im using VGA and its ok.

Next thing I've changed is WIFI card my old wifi only Atheros AR5B95 to Broadcom BCM94360HMB / AzureWave AW-CB160H to get bluetooth...

Card worked OOB, both 2,4 and 5G wifi networks are detected, I didn't tested speeds tho.

Only problem is bluetooth is not detected :( I think there is problem with USB configuration since card is not listed in USB list. I've tried to use SSDT-USB-8x0-G1.asl from your repo but nothing changed.

Overall USB ports are working OK, both USB 2.0 and 3.0, also ports on dock are both working ok. Computer has 4 internal USB 3.0 ports (one is powered to charge devices when off) and 4 3.0 ports on dock. In attached IOreg on first hub -> is connected to ports on DOCK ( mouse and keyboard and external drive ), all others are internal usb ports, ive tested usb 2.0 and 3.0 flash drive . See attached IOreg.. Bluetooth card is not visible in IOreg :(

Thanks for help

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    15.4 KB · Views: 114
  • 2.png
    2.png
    85.9 KB · Views: 136
  • 3.png
    3.png
    55.9 KB · Views: 101
  • files.zip
    2.7 MB · Views: 65
Hi Gurus,

I managed to get pretty much working on my HP Probook 6460b (Bluetooth, WiFi, LAN, battery status; though the battery status is not always ok after restart), but audio.
So here are problem report files.
Please point me the path i need to take to get audio up.
Thanks a lot!

.A.

Your terminal output shows your mistake:
Code:
HP-6460b:RehabMan attila$ ls -l /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/Resources/*.zml*
ls: /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/Resources/*.zml*: No such file or directory

You forgot to run ./install_downloads.sh.
Read post #1.

Hi, me again :)

Well some things changed about my laptop...
First I've replaced my 1366x900 screen panel to 1920x1080 FULL HD IPS panel, problem was screen was garbled upon booting in OS, I've fixed it by enabling UEFI hybrid CMS, now it works OK

About my DP ports... I think my cheap ebay DP to DVI dongle stoped working, so we will continue to debug DP ports when I get proper original HP DP to HDMI and HP DP to DVI dongles. For now im using VGA and its ok.

Next thing I've changed is WIFI card my old wifi only Atheros AR5B95 to Broadcom BCM94360HMB / AzureWave AW-CB160H to get bluetooth...

Card worked OOB, both 2,4 and 5G wifi networks are detected, I didn't tested speeds tho.

Only problem is bluetooth is not detected :( I think there is problem with USB configuration since card is not listed in USB list. I've tried to use SSDT-USB-8x0-G1.asl from your repo but nothing changed.

Overall USB ports are working OK, both USB 2.0 and 3.0, also ports on dock are both working ok. Computer has 4 internal USB 3.0 ports (one is powered to charge devices when off) and 4 3.0 ports on dock. In attached IOreg on first hub -> is connected to ports on DOCK ( mouse and keyboard and external drive ), all others are internal usb ports, ive tested usb 2.0 and 3.0 flash drive . See attached IOreg.. Bluetooth card is not visible in IOreg :(

Thanks for help

USB customization is already built-in to the model specific SSDT.
But note the comment in the file:
Code:
                    },
                    //REVIEW: what port is bluetooth?

Obviously the person that provided the previous USB data didn't have a WiFi/BT card installed.

Read post #1, "USB customization" and attach the required ioreg.

USB customization is already built-in to the model specific SSDT.
But note the comment in the file:
Code:
                    },
                    //REVIEW: what port is bluetooth?

Obviously the person that provided the previous USB data didn't have a WiFi/BT card installed.

Read post #1, "USB customization" and attach the required ioreg.

Ok Ive plugged in usb devices in all ports on laptop (no dock file) and also connected dock (with four 3.0 ports) and ioreg file when all thoose USB devices are connected to dock.

For reference in IOreg:
ADATA is 3.0 usb device

A-DATA is 2.0 usb device

USB LASER MOUSE is 1.0 usb device

Thanks for help

Attachments

• files.zip
    5.2 MB · Views: 56
Ok Ive plugged in usb devices in all ports on laptop (no dock file) and also connected dock (with four 3.0 ports) and ioreg file when all thoose USB devices are connected to dock.

For reference in IOreg:
ADATA is 3.0 usb device

A-DATA is 2.0 usb device

USB LASER MOUSE is 1.0 usb device

Thanks for help

All tests are invalid. You forgot to use kernel flag -uia_ignore_rmcf.
Please read post #1, "USB customization" carefully.

Read here for background info: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-creating-a-custom-ssdt-for-usbinjectall-kext.211311/

Still fighting with wake problem.
Any progress after some testing of different ig-platform-id.
With external display connected by DP:
1. 16260006 - black internal and external screen after wake
2. 16160002,16260004,16260002 - black internal but external working after wake
With only internal display - wake with black internal screen, after connected external monitor - it's working on it. Internal still black screen.
It looks like after wake, system use only external display.
Tested with SMBIOS 7.2, 7.1, 12.1.
Attached 3 IoReg - before sleep, after wake on external monitor (internal display is visible in IoReg), with closed lid (internal display is not visible in IoReg - I'm not sure if it's right)

Attachments

• ProblemReporting.zip
    3.5 MB · Views: 71
Still fighting with wake problem.
Any progress after some testing of different ig-platform-id.
With external display connected by DP:
1. 16260006 - black internal and external screen after wake
2. 16160002,16260004,16260002 - black internal but external working after wake
With only internal display - wake with black internal screen, after connected external monitor - it's working on it. Internal still black screen.
It looks like after wake, system use only external display.
Tested with SMBIOS 7.2, 7.1, 12.1.
Attached 3 IoReg - before sleep, after wake on external monitor (internal display is visible in IoReg), with closed lid (internal display is not visible in IoReg - I'm not sure if it's right)

Is DVMT-prealloc set correctly in BIOS?
Try other SMBIOS (such as MacBookPro11,1).
Always test only with Apple->Sleep not lid.

Hi, thanks to RehabMan, I have a stable working installation of High Sierra on my HP ProBook 4540s. Yesterday, however my brightness controls stopped working. I still have the indicator pop-up when I use the keys but brightness stays the same despite of control's reading. I have updated Clover to the latest release as well as probook.git but still no luck.
Using Brightness app (bergdesign) it can smoothly change the brightness from none to max, it's only the keys that don't work... is there anything I can do to make controls work again?

Hi, thanks to RehabMan, I have a stable working installation of High Sierra on my HP ProBook 4540s. Yesterday, however my brightness controls stopped working. I still have the indicator pop-up when I use the keys but brightness stays the same despite of control's reading. I have updated Clover to the latest release as well as probook.git but still no luck.
Using Brightness app (bergdesign) it can smoothly change the brightness from none to max, it's only the keys that don't work... is there anything I can do to make controls work again?

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

I've traced the problem back to upgrading Clover to v.4259, apparently it broke Brightness patch. Reverted to v.4220 and brightness control is working properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back