Motherboard
HP EliteBook 8470w (Clover)
CPU
i7-3610QM / QM77
Graphics
ATI FirePro M2000
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi, I am new to Mac OS in general (haven't used it in ages), and really never worked with kext, plist,etc but need to learn for new job I hopefully will be getting. So sorry for stupid questions. I have read the post, and still have couple questions.

I am trying to build one using my EliteBook 8470w, and tried several times with no success.. using various methods. It will be dual boot MacOS/Win10.

I want to verify some things before trying again using this method. I ordered the BCM94352HMB wifi card, so right now have to install the NIC from Multi-Boot (or thats how I got it to work before).

Regarding "Note: FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext are available here: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Fake-PCI-ID. ProBookAtheros.kext is available in the 4x30s DSDT patch github: https://github.com/RehabMan/HP-ProBook-4x30s-DSDT-Patch (download the ZIP of the entire github project)."
Where do I place those? On the boot USB stick, or once its installed? I assume on USB, but looked last night and couldn't figure out exactly where.. With my luck i was tired and totally missed it.

Has anyone else had luck with this laptop model getting everything to work? I know one thing I need to figure out is the graphics since its an AMD FirePro 2000.

again, sorry for the noob questions...

BTW, thanks rehabman for the hours spent on this.

Motherboard
HP EliteBook 8470w (Clover)
CPU
i7-3610QM / QM77
Graphics
ATI FirePro M2000
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
As is clearly written in post #1, this guide is only for Intel graphics equipped laptops.
Sorry.. I thought it had Intel HD 4000, but i finding some that its totally disabled.

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Sorry.. I thought it had Intel HD 4000, but i finding some that its totally disabled.

Your profile indicates "ATI FirePro M2000" only (no HD4000), and from what I remember about the 8470w, your profile is, in fact, accurate.

Motherboard
ASRock B365M Pro4
CPU
i5-9600K
Graphics
RX 580
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
You should test your battery on Windows to verify.

So, under Windows has the same problem. I used powercfg /batteryreport to see the capacity before and after AC plug/unplug and has the same behavior as macOS. So my new battery is defective. It will be replaced under warranty after 14 days because they don't have the battery on stock.

Sorry for spaming the forum with posts when my problem was a hardware problem.

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
So, under Windows has the same problem. I used powercfg /batteryreport to see the capacity before and after AC plug/unplug and has the same behavior as macOS. So my new battery is defective. It will be replaced under warranty after 14 days because they don't have the battery on stock.

Sorry for spaming the forum with posts when my problem was a hardware problem.

Nice to hear you have determine the source of the problem.

Goes to show: Must test your assumptions regarding hardware function on Windows before assuming there is some software problem!

Motherboard
ASRock B365M Pro4
CPU
i5-9600K
Graphics
RX 580
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Nice to hear you have determine the source of the problem.

Goes to show: Must test your assumptions regarding hardware function on Windows before assuming there is some software problem!

Another question:

Should I bother patch my DSDT ? Your native DSDT have F60 BIOS version and I have F67.

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Another question:

Should I bother patch my DSDT ? Your native DSDT have F60 BIOS version and I have F67.

This guide uses hotpatch for all ACPI patching, not static patch.

Motherboard
ASRock B365M Pro4
CPU
i5-9600K
Graphics
RX 580
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
This guide uses hotpatch for all ACPI patching, not static patch.
So there is no need. Thanks ! In the meantime I will try search the forums maybe I can find some patch regarding the handoff problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.