Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Rehabman

i have this coming when i peform the ssdtPRGen.sh

gDataPath: /Users/probook/Library/ssdtPRGen/Data
System information: Mac OS X 10.13.6 (17G65)
Brandstring 'Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2670QM CPU @ 2.20GHz'

Scope (\_PR_) {222 bytes} with ACPI Processor declarations found in the DSDT (ACPI 1.0 compliant)
Generating ssdt.dsl for a 'MacBookPro8,2' with board-id [Mac-94245A3940C91C80]
Sandy Bridge Core i7-2670QM processor [0x206A7] setup [0x0703]
With a maximum TDP of 45 Watt, as specified by Intel
Number logical CPU's: 8 (Core Frequency: 2200 MHz)
Number of Turbo States: 9 (2300-3100 MHz)
Number of P-States: 24 (800-3100 MHz)
Adjusting C-States for detected (mobile) processor
Injected C-States for CPU0 (C1,C3,C6,C7)
Warning: 'cpu-type' may be set improperly (0x0703 instead of 0x0603)

1. the bit above, warning, is this a big issue for my laptop...i have upgraded the cpu and it all seems to work ok its just i get this warning and wanted your opinion.
  2. every now and then get strange lines on my screen and also laptop freezes and need to restart it to work again.
  3. can you check my data to see if i have done it all correctly.

any help much appreciated.

Thank You very much.

Attachments

• debug_17933.zip
    2 MB · Views: 63
Thanks

no 5ghz is ok for now. later can swap in the broadcom

More complete functionality with Broadcom.
And AR5B195 has no 5ghz radio, so is slow.

No need for a re-install.

Warning: 'cpu-type' may be set improperly (0x0703 instead of 0x0603)

Ignore it.

any help much appreciated.

Your config.plist is corrupt.
Read post #1, "Final config.plist". Make sure you only edit with Xcode or PlistEdit Pro.

Hey RehabMan are you able to have a look at my final config file....

usually i used text editor but now have downloaded a fresh copy from your site and used PlistEdit and configured my smbios...

attached is my configlist.

Thank You....

Attachments

• config.plist
    21.9 KB · Views: 155
Hey RehabMan are you able to have a look at my final config file....

usually i used text editor but now have downloaded a fresh copy from your site and used PlistEdit and configured my smbios...

attached is my configlist.

Thank You....

This config.plist is not corrupt.

You should never use a text editor with plists, unless you plan to very careful, and check them by using "plutil -lint" or by opening in Xcode or PlistEdit Pro to be certain you didn't damage the file syntax.

I think that my new battery is bad: Now it turned off at 40 % and macOS says that it has 2700 mAh capacity.

Turned on showed 0 % , after 2 minutes unplugged the charger shows 81 %,plugged back in shows 48 % and charging.

Last edited:
Hi, I am new to Mac OS in general (haven't used it in ages), and really never worked with kext, plist,etc but need to learn for new job I hopefully will be getting. So sorry for stupid questions. I have read the post, and still have couple questions.

I am trying to build one using my EliteBook 8470w, and tried several times with no success.. using various methods. It will be dual boot MacOS/Win10.

I want to verify some things before trying again using this method. I ordered the BCM94352HMB wifi card, so right now have to install the NIC from Multi-Boot (or thats how I got it to work before).

Regarding "Note: FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext are available here: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Fake-PCI-ID. ProBookAtheros.kext is available in the 4x30s DSDT patch github: https://github.com/RehabMan/HP-ProBook-4x30s-DSDT-Patch (download the ZIP of the entire github project)."
Where do I place those? On the boot USB stick, or once its installed? I assume on USB, but looked last night and couldn't figure out exactly where.. With my luck i was tired and totally missed it.

Has anyone else had luck with this laptop model getting everything to work? I know one thing I need to figure out is the graphics since its an AMD FirePro 2000.

again, sorry for the noob questions...

BTW, thanks rehabman for the hours spent on this.

As is clearly written in post #1, this guide is only for Intel graphics equipped laptops.
Sorry.. I thought it had Intel HD 4000, but i finding some that its totally disabled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back