Motherboard
HP Probook 4530s
CPU
i7-2670QM
Graphics
HD 3000
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hi,only get reboot,had a working installation last year on my 4530s...

High Sierra,newest clover,usbcreateinstallmedia method

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
Motherboard
ASRock B365M Pro4
CPU
i5-9600K
Graphics
RX 580
Mobile Phone
Android
Make sure BIOS is up-to-date and you have done an EC reset.
I did when you first said. I was asking if you had these issues

The BIOS is up to date. Has F67.

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
I did when you first said. I was asking if you had these issues

The BIOS is up to date. Has F67.
I don't really use my 4540s that much (should sell it), but I have not noticed the issues you mention.
If you want to provide clear/detailed/step-by-step reproduce steps, I will attempt the same thing here.

Motherboard
ASRock B365M Pro4
CPU
i5-9600K
Graphics
RX 580
Mobile Phone
Android
I don't really use my 4540s that much (should sell it), but I have not noticed the issues you mention.
If you want to provide clear/detailed/step-by-step reproduce steps, I will attempt the same thing here.

Now, it shutted down around 10 %, didn't turn on blinking light, plugged AC in, booted to macOS showed 0 % unplugged the AC jumps to 20 %.

1. Fully charge the ProBook
2. Go to System Information and take a look at the Full Charge capacity. Note the value
3. Unplug the AC, refresh via Command + R, take a look again at Full Charge capacity and it changes. (First thing)
4. Let it die until it turns off (note the battery % at which it turns off)
5. Now, you can't turn it on because of the dead battery.
6. Plug the AC in, turn on the ProBook, and now the battery shows 0 %
7. Unplug the AC and now the battery % should be more, like 15-20 % and also, the Full Charge capacity should be different in System information.

The thing is that I am not sure at all if it's my battery or is just the kext or ACPI which is acting crazy.

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
Now, it shutted down around 10 %,
Bad idea to run down that low.
Plug it in before the battery fails to power the laptop.
Unlike a real Mac, laptop hacks have hibernation disabled, which prevents auto-hibernate in low battery situations.

1. Fully charge the ProBook
2. Go to System Information and take a look at the Full Charge capacity. Note the value
3. Unplug the AC, refresh via Command + R, take a look again at Full Charge capacity and it changes. (First thing)
4. Let it die until it turns off (note the battery % at which it turns off)
5. Now, you can't turn it on because of the dead battery.
6. Plug the AC in, turn on the ProBook, and now the battery shows 0 %
7. Unplug the AC and now the battery % should be more, like 15-20 % and also, the Full Charge capacity should be different in System information.

The thing is that I am not sure at all if it's my battery or is just the kext or ACPI which is acting crazy.
I will compare my result here...
But I think your major mistake is the (unreasonable) expectation that the laptop is going to auto-hibernate in low battery...

Motherboard
ASRock B365M Pro4
CPU
i5-9600K
Graphics
RX 580
Mobile Phone
Android
Bad idea to run down that low.
Plug it in before the battery fails to power the laptop.
Unlike a real Mac, laptop hacks have hibernation disabled, which prevents auto-hibernate in low battery situations.

I will compare my result here...
But I think your major mistake is the (unreasonable) expectation that the laptop is going to auto-hibernate in low battery...

My expectation was to not shutdown at 10 % maybe at 4-5 % but it never reaches that point. I will monitor the battery % and see other things. I will plug it in at around 20 % and see if I get any jumps in battery %.

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
My expectation was to not shutdown at 10 % maybe at 4-5 % but it never reaches that point.
10% is close enough that it may shutdown quite soon, depending on what you're doing/devices plugged in/etc.

Motherboard
ASRock B365M Pro4
CPU
i5-9600K
Graphics
RX 580
Mobile Phone
Android
10% is close enough that it may shutdown quite soon, depending on what you're doing/devices plugged in/etc.
Okay, thanks for the clarification !

Motherboard
HP ProBook 4540s- F.60-Clover
CPU
i3-3110M
Graphics
HD4000, 1920x1080
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
You didn't install the latest 'beta' ACPI files with beta copy of github project, beta copy of install_acpi.sh.
This can be done by switch to beta branch. Right? If so I'm doing the exact thing.
When I try to install acpi.sh the following error shows:

"Rizis-MacBook-Pro:probook.git rizi$ ./install_acpi.sh install_4x40s

Error: Unknown model, "install_4x40s", specified." (Please see terminal command text output)

So I manually copy/paste using finder but nothing changed. Is there anything I'm missing?

Attachments