ASRock B365M Pro4
CPU
i5-9600K
Graphics
RX 580
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I think that I found a little bug:

I left my ProBook 4540s in sleep state overnight for like 10 hours (with the AC plugged in) and 30 minutes ago when I turned on the laptop it booted from cold state (like shutdown or S5 state better said) and the battery percentage was 0 % (the AC was still plugged in) as soon as I unplugged the AC battery showed 100 % instantly.

The sleep for me is working just fine tested yesterday like for 2 hours and it resumed from sleep just fine. I don't have powernap enabled.

My guess is that: overnight one register or variable in the ACPI or in other place had an overflow and that returned the battery to 0 % that made the system to shutdown because of the 0 % reported by the ACPI.

That's just my IT guy guess.

@RehabMan what is your take ? Did this happened to you ? If I wasn't clear I will try to rewrite the explanation better.

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I think that I found a little bug:

I left my ProBook 4540s in sleep state overnight for like 10 hours (with the AC plugged in) and 30 minutes ago when I turned on the laptop it booted from cold state (like shutdown or S5 state better said) and the battery percentage was 0 % (the AC was still plugged in) as soon as I unplugged the AC battery showed 100 % instantly.

The sleep for me is working just fine tested yesterday like for 2 hours and it resumed from sleep just fine. I don't have powernap enabled.

My guess is that: overnight one register or variable in the ACPI or in other place had an overflow and that returned the battery to 0 % that made the system to shutdown because of the 0 % reported by the ACPI.

That's just my IT guy guess.

@RehabMan what is your take ? Did this happened to you ? If I wasn't clear I will try to rewrite the explanation better.

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Motherboard
ASRock B365M Pro4
CPU
i5-9600K
Graphics
RX 580
Mobile Phone
  1. Android

Attachments

• debug_16299.zip
    6.4 MB · Views: 46

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
You can find the debug files attached. Thanks !

You did not follow the guide properly. Note problem shown by kextcache:
Code:
kext file:///Library/Extensions/HSSDBlockStorage.kext/ is in hash exception list, allowing to load
HSSDBlockStorage.kext - dependency 'com.jmicron.driver.JMB38X' not found.
HSSDBlockStorage.kext is missing dependencies (including anyway; dependencies may be available from elsewhere)

Also:
Code:
Kext rejected due to improper filesystem permissions: <OSKext 0x7fe46c4ec580 [0x7fff920d7af0]> { URL = "RtWlanU.kext/ -- file:///Library/Extensions/", ID = "com.realtek.driver.RtWlanU" }

That kext is not properly installed. But furthermore, it should have never been installed anyway, as the guide does not recommend USB WiFi. Read post #1 for recommended WiFi hardware.

Motherboard
HP elitebook 820 G3
CPU
I5-6200U
Graphics
HD 520 1366x768
FYI... background to troubleshooting this issue is here:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/hp-430-g4-close-lid-cannot-sleep.238826/

That particular solution may be able to be simplified, with scripts that (help) create EDID display override or with Clover features for modifying EDID, assuming EDID injection can work (vs. display override file). It will take me some time and a laptop that reproduces the problem. I hope to borrow a laptop that shows the problem eventually. For now, those with the issue can create their own EDID override.

Hi Rehabman,

Was the EDID display issue ever resolved for the Elitebook G3? Sorry if this has already been discussed. I want to upgrade to HS or Mojave, but don't want to deal with EDID issues.

Thanks!

Motherboard
Ignore Me
CPU
I'm Ignoring
Graphics
Forum Rules !!!!!
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi, RehabMan.
My friend owns an elitebook 830g5. He hope to experience Hackintosh with this laptop. I suggest that he use the hotpatch of elitebook440g5 to successfully install the system, but the operation is very slowly and the sound is not working properly.
CPU:i5-8250U
display:1920*1080
Graphics:Intel(R) UHD Graphics 620

Now I have extracted the dsdt of his laptop and provided it to you as an attachment. I hope you can help to modify a hotpatch. If you can add 830G5 to the probook hotpatch support, it would be even better, thanks.

Attachments

• dsdt_830g5.zip
    106.2 KB · Views: 56

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi Rehabman,

Was the EDID display issue ever resolved for the Elitebook G3? Sorry if this has already been discussed. I want to upgrade to HS or Mojave, but don't want to deal with EDID issues.

Thanks!

No idea what issue you're referring to.

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi, RehabMan.
My friend owns an elitebook 830g5. He hope to experience Hackintosh with this laptop. I suggest that he use the hotpatch of elitebook440g5 to successfully install the system, but the operation is very slowly and the sound is not working properly.
CPU:i5-8250U
display:1920*1080
Graphics:Intel(R) UHD Graphics 620

Now I have extracted the dsdt of his laptop and provided it to you as an attachment. I hope you can help to modify a hotpatch. If you can add 830G5 to the probook hotpatch support, it would be even better, thanks.

You might try treating it as 8x0 G4 (similar hardware and seems same audio codec).

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision G
CPU
i9-10900
Graphics
HD630
Mac
  1. iMac
Greetings.. Finishing up my 8470P w/ Radeon GPU. All is running well, with the exception of WIFI. Installed a Broadcom 43224 card, as I thought it would be supported as per the guide, however maybe my specific card is not. Thank you.

Attachments

• ssprod-8470P.zip
    5.5 MB · Views: 67

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
  1. MacBook Air