Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I finally have the wifi card working (BCM943224HMS 582564-002) on my EliteBook 8560p. But something estrange happens when I connect a wired internet connection, the wifi card stop working and deactivate itself making imposible reactivate without reboot the laptop.

Regards.

Is your BIOS current?

The kexts you have installed are not correct. This guide does not install these kexts:
AHCI_3rdParty_SATA.kext
AppleIntelE1000e.kext

Thanks for your work RehabMan, I've recently installed High Sierra in my HP EliteBook 840 G3. I needed to make some modifications like patching the EDID with FixEDID.app and DarwinDumpeesr. Also I had to remove the 1024x768 resolution from Clover config.plist (1366x768 in Clover works fine; with 1024x768 the boot screen looks garbled and glitchy).

The only thing that doesn't work is battery monitoring, it shows that AC is always plugged in and at 100% full battery charge.

The other stuff works awesome, Sleep/Wake, camera, onboard sound, WiFi + Bluetooth (BCM94352Z), USB ports, Ethernet, even VGA output in Docking Station, etc.

Attached are the files as provided by gen_debug tool.

BIOS Settings: CSM Disabled, VRAM: 256 MB (DVMT patch disabled). Latest BIOS.

Cheers.

Attachments

• EliteBook 840 G3.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 68
Thanks for your work RehabMan, I've recently installed High Sierra in my HP EliteBook 840 G3. I needed to make some modifications like patching the EDID with FixEDID.app and DarwinDumpeesr. Also I had to remove the 1024x768 resolution from Clover config.plist (1366x768 in Clover works fine; with 1024x768 the boot screen looks garbled and glitchy).

I don't know what you mean by "boot screen", nor "garbled and glitchy".
It sounds like you didn't set BIOS correctly (CSM/hybrid).

The only thing that doesn't work is battery monitoring, it shows that AC is always plugged in and at 100% full battery charge.

Your ioreg seems to indicate you have HDD (not SSD).
May require longer wait before battery status is published (due to slow boot caused by HDD).
Read here regarding abm_firstpolldelay:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/readme-common-problems-in-10-13-high-sierra.233582/

BIOS Settings: CSM Disabled,

CSM should be enabled as per post #1.

VRAM: 256 MB (DVMT patch disabled).

No DVMT patch in the Probook repo anyway.
As per post #1, should be 64mb.

Also, guide recommends latest RehabMan Clover (I'm not testing sourceforge Clover).

I don't know what you mean by "boot screen", nor "garbled and glitchy".
It sounds like you didn't set BIOS correctly (CSM/hybrid).

Your ioreg seems to indicate you have HDD (not SSD).
May require longer wait before battery status is published (due to slow boot caused by HDD).
Read here regarding abm_firstpolldelay:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/readme-common-problems-in-10-13-high-sierra.233582/

CSM should be enabled as per post #1.

No DVMT patch in the Probook repo anyway.
As per post #1, should be 64mb.

Also, guide recommends latest RehabMan Clover (I'm not testing sourceforge Clover).

Indeed, the battery status has like 5 minutes delay. Now after a while with AC unplugged it shows that is running only from battery. Didn't now about the delay issue, my previous hackintosh (HP EliteBook 820 G2) worked fine.

BTW, I've replaced the bootloader to your Clover fork and set VRAM value to 64 mb.

Thanks.

Indeed, the battery status has like 5 minutes delay. Now after a while with AC unplugged it shows that is running only from battery. Didn't now about the delay issue, my previous hackintosh (HP EliteBook 820 G2) worked fine.

Suggestion: Install on SSD or tweak abm_firstpolldelay as required for HDD boot.

Hi RehabMan, thanks for your reply on [Guide] Booting the OS X #3758 now i've a working mac hp laptop!
I've only few little problem now:
1) HDMI output not work (what i need to post to you to find and fix the problem?)
2) what model of WI-FI i should install to replace Intel AC7265? When i replace this component i lost bluetooth that is working now?

- 100-series laptop (Skylake): HP ProBook 4x0 G3 is experimental, but reported as working.
If you have a CPU that is Haswell or later, skip the part that follows for creating SSDT.aml from ssdtPRgen.sh. I repeat... DO NOT generate SSDT.aml for these later CPUs.
Hi RehabMan,
I have a hp Probook 430 g3 (skylake)
Everything is working perfect
but i noticed that my battery capacity decreasing every full charge
my original battery capacity is 2870 not it's 2599 and it's keeping decreasing
is there any advises?
(i didn't use ssdtPRGen -(i don't if it's related to the problem)- cause my cpu is skylake as the Guide tells) is there any updates among this?

So guys, I have a bit of a problem, I have a 1040 G1 i5-4200u 8GB Mem machine here.
Everything fine etc, but when doing the last step: cp config.plist. After rebooting, the machine sometimes comes to OSX, sometimes it does not. And when logging in, it usually crashes.

Any ideas in which region I have to check ?
I have installed OSX with APFS. Maybe do a reinstall with HFS+ ?

Many thanks!

Hi RehabMan, thanks for your reply on [Guide] Booting the OS X #3758 now i've a working mac hp laptop!
I've only few little problem now:
1) HDMI output not work (what i need to post to you to find and fix the problem?)

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

2) what model of WI-FI i should install to replace Intel AC7265? When i replace this component i lost bluetooth that is working now?

Read post #1.

Hi RehabMan,
I have a hp Probook 430 g3 (skylake)
Everything is working perfect
but i noticed that my battery capacity decreasing every full charge
my original battery capacity is 2870 not it's 2599 and it's keeping decreasing
is there any advises?
(i didn't use ssdtPRGen -(i don't if it's related to the problem)- cause my cpu is skylake as the Guide tells) is there any updates among this?

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back