Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hello, Rehabman. Is your repository up-to-date? I installed Sierra from scratch in a Probook 640 G1 (Haswell) and had issues with power management (no battery/plug detection) and screen graphics. I did it a couple of times to make sure I was not screwing things up. All problems disappeared when I replaced the ACPI/PATCHED folder with the PATCHED folder of an older installation, which suggests that some recent change is the culprit.

Hello, Rehabman. Is your repository up-to-date? I installed Sierra from scratch in a Probook 640 G1 (Haswell) and had issues with power management (no battery/plug detection) and screen graphics. I did it a couple of times to make sure I was not screwing things up. All problems disappeared when I replaced the ACPI/PATCHED folder with the PATCHED folder of an older installation, which suggests that some recent change is the culprit.

The guide works for Sierra, High Sierra, and now even Mojave.

If you have an issue, you should describe it clearly and attach problem reporting file as per FAQ:
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

I have just upgraded my Probook 4540s to Mojave, but after upgrade I have no audio, as per guide 'System updates', I have re-run './install_downloads.sh' before and after. I also tried restoring the AppleHDA kext, and re-running ./install_downloads.sh again, but I still have no audio. What am I doing wrong here please. I have attached debug logs.

Regards.

Attachments

• debug_17675.zip
    4.5 MB · Views: 109
I have just upgraded my Probook 4540s to Mojave, but after upgrade I have no audio, as per guide 'System updates', I have re-run './install_downloads.sh' before and after. I also tried restoring the AppleHDA kext, and re-running ./install_downloads.sh again, but I still have no audio. What am I doing wrong here please. I have attached debug logs.

Regards.

You forgot to update your config.plist and ACPI files.
Read the guide, and follow all post install instructions.

I re-ran everything, config.plist and ACPI files, using the special branch 'applealc', but still no audio. What am I doing wrong?
New debug logs attached.

Attachments

• debug_14676.zip
    4.5 MB · Views: 116
I re-ran everything, config.plist and ACPI files, using the special branch 'applealc', but still no audio. What am I doing wrong?
New debug logs attached.

You installed the wrong version of AppleALC. Read the guide very carefully, especially the part regarding the applealc branch, 4x40s, and the special "fixed" AppleALC.kext attached to post #1 of the guide.

You installed the wrong version of AppleALC. Read the guide very carefully, especially the part regarding the applealc branch, 4x40s, and the special "fixed" AppleALC.kext attached to post #1 of the guide.
Sorry, I mis-read that, I used the attached AppleALC.kext, and now have sound, thank you. One thing I did notice when running the commands in post 1 is that you examples for 4x40s no longer run as in the latest git you have remove the 's' from the file names, so now you just have 4x40, instead of 4x40s, or did I do something wrong?

Regards.

One thing I did notice when running the commands in post 1 is that you examples for 4x40s no longer run as in the latest git you have remove the 's' from the file names, so now you just have 4x40, instead of 4x40s, or did I do something wrong?

I am aware. But the correct param value is given in ./install_acpi.sh help.
I will update/review the guide when I move it to the Mojave guide forum.

Hi, i have follow your guide with elitebook 820 g4 i5 7500u. Everything works but I dont have sound. Any suggestion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back