Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you.

My HP 440G4 work like a champ with 10.12.6 (SMBios Macbook Pro 14.1)
HDMI hot plug/unplug work well.
For wifi, using TP-WN823N is good for me.

7bB0l-73RP2MyTTpIvAwgQ.png

You can test it and report back.
I have no issue with the current procedures.

I made the change several months ago and have had no issues.

I admit that I was not having any issues, either. However, I've always wondered if I might at some point due to this statement:

Always check your hibernatemode after updates and disable it. System updates tend to re-enable it, although the trick above (making sleepimage a directory) tends to help.

Making the folder immutable will prevent any modification to it whatsoever, even by root. I only suggest this as a way to add some confidence.

Whether you accept the suggestion or not, thanks for all you've done. It's nice to get some use out of my old HP gear!

I made the change several months ago and have had no issues.

I admit that I was not having any issues, either. However, I've always wondered if I might at some point due to this statement:

Making the folder immutable will prevent any modification to it whatsoever, even by root. I only suggest this as a way to add some confidence.

I will try it and see what happens on the 10.13 update.

For wifi, using TP-WN823N is good for me.

How stable is your net? those usb wlans have been nothing but trouble the few times i've tried them. Some would crap out under WPA2, others the connection abruptly dies; sometimes after half an hour, sometimes a few hours. Other times I had to actually restart >_<
Incredibly very inferior to native airport

When you patch AppleHDA.kext, make sure first that vanilla AppleHDA.kext is in /S/L/E.
You will need to run the installer since my scripts do not make a copy of it.
Or if you only had used the hotpatch before, you can remove all the *.zml.zlib files from AppleHDA.kext/Contents/Resources.
And don't forget to disable the xml/zml patch. In fact, it must be disabled prior to running patch_hda.sh!

i found this in the thread - still quite unsure about the procedure to use the script

first, it seems like the only argument discussed is patch_hda ProBook , there is no other model?

Disabling the xml/zml patch means editing the config.plist installed with the guide?

Hi RehabMan, please can you check if my configuration works fine?
I updated with the command:

cd ~/Projects/probook.git
git stash
git pull
./download.sh
./install_downloads.sh
./build.sh

and now i have only four SSDT files in ACPI/patched.

Please find attached the problem reporting files.
Thanks

Attachments

• rehabman problems.zip
    899.3 KB · Views: 79
i found this in the thread - still quite unsure about the procedure to use the script

first, it seems like the only argument discussed is patch_hda ProBook , there is no other model?

The Resources_ProBook has all codecs used by this guide, and therefore so does the resulting patched AppleHDA.

Disabling the xml/zml patch means editing the config.plist installed with the guide?

Yes.

Hi RehabMan, please can you check if my configuration works fine?
I updated with the command:

cd ~/Projects/probook.git
git stash
git pull
./download.sh
./install_downloads.sh
./build.sh

and now i have only four SSDT files in ACPI/patched.

Please find attached the problem reporting files.
Thanks

"Problem Reporting" files are incomplete (EFI/Clover is missing).
Read post #1, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.

Also, you did not describe any problem.

"Problem Reporting" files are incomplete (EFI/Clover is missing).
Read post #1, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.

Also, you did not describe any problem.

Sorry, attached can find the complete files. The problem is that after update i have only four SSDT files in ACPI/patched. Now i'm afraid to reboot. Just want to know if my configuration works good for you. Thanks a lot.

Attachments

• rehabman problems2.zip
    2.5 MB · Views: 81
  • patched.jpg
    patched.jpg
    247.7 KB · Views: 97
Sorry, attached can find the complete files. The problem is that after update i have only four SSDT files in ACPI/patched. Now i'm afraid to reboot. Just want to know if my configuration works good for you. Thanks a lot.

Your EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched is wrong.
You should not have SSDT.aml there. Remove it.

You should probably read the guide carefully, in case there is something else you did not according to the guide.

Note: Your config.plist is corrupt. Read post #1, "Final config.plist".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back