Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, of course.
You have 4540s. Matches perfectly with 4x40s.

Excellent. I re-installed everything. I fixed the booting problem after installing Clover v2.3k_r3330. Not sure why Clover v2.4k_r4184 did not worked.

I have now battery meter working, but I do not have audio. I read the part where it says:

Audio: After installing new/updated kexts or after the initial installation, you may lose audio.

To fix:
- reboot without caches (hit space at Clover, select without caches)
- rebuild cache

I captured the options after hitting space in Clover boot screen, and I could not see any part "without caches".

Please help

Thanks again!

Attachments

• 20170904_183440.jpg
    20170904_183440.jpg
    202.2 KB · Views: 89
  • 20170904_183453.jpg
    20170904_183453.jpg
    204.7 KB · Views: 96
Excellent. I re-installed everything. I fixed the booting problem after installing Clover v2.3k_r3330. Not sure why Clover v2.4k_r4184 did not worked.

Later versions of Clover working just fine here.
You probably made some other mistake.

I have now battery meter working, but I do not have audio. I read the part where it says:

Audio: After installing new/updated kexts or after the initial installation, you may lose audio.

To fix:
- reboot without caches (hit space at Clover, select without caches)
- rebuild cache

I captured the options after hitting space in Clover boot screen, and I could not see any part "without caches".

Please help

Thanks again!

Boot without caches is available by specifying the "-f" kernel flag in Clover options.

Later versions of Clover working just fine here.
You probably made some other mistake.

Boot without caches is available by specifying the "-f" kernel flag in Clover options.

Finally, everything is working like before (when I had El Capitan). I do not know what else to say, but Thanks. You've been very patient, and I am very grateful. I hope my issues help someone else if they have the same problem and find these questions useful.

You respond very quickly to anyone, even if it's weekend or holiday, or if the questions are silly or stupid sometimes.

Thank you for your time. I really appreciate it!

Finally, everything is working like before (when I had El Capitan). I do not know what else to say, but Thanks. You've been very patient, and I am very grateful. I hope my issues help someone else if they have the same problem and find these questions useful.

You respond very quickly to anyone, even if it's weekend or holiday, or if the questions are silly or stupid sometimes.

Thank you for your time. I really appreciate it!

Are you up and running with the latest Clover?

The necessary whitelist patch is already present in the provided config.plist files.
Read post #1, "Problem Reporting".

Thanks for the response.
I updated the compressed files with all mentioned on "Problem Reporting" in post #1.
My config.plist on CLOVER comes from your repository, I used config_8x60p.plist for Elitebook 8560p. I saw that the whitelist patch is preset, this is because I posted my question, I'm lost with what problem I have or what fix I miss.

Thanks for the response.
I updated the compressed files with all mentioned on "Problem Reporting" in post #1.
My config.plist on CLOVER comes from your repository, I used config_8x60p.plist for Elitebook 8560p. I saw that the whitelist patch is preset, this is because I posted my question, I'm lost with what problem I have or what fix I miss.

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read post #1, "Problem Reporting".

Hi guys, I'm experiencing a problem with an OS X (10.11.6 El Capitan) installation on a HP 2570p notebook, I've followed the RehabMan's guide (https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...book-using-clover-uefi-hotpatch-10-11.189416/) verbatim (or so I think) now I have a mostly fully functional hackintosh :) (thank you RehabMan and Hackintosh community!)

However there is a small issue that I've encountered, whenever I insert an USB drive (USB key, USB hard drive) to any USB 3.0 port on my notebook (this HP has 2 USB 3.0 and 1 USB 2.0 ports) OS X tells me (trough a notification on the top right area of the screen) : "USB Device needs Power" and if I look at the /private/var/log/system.log file trough Console.app I see this: "Sep 4 20:32:39 HP kernel[0]: 010511.333499 DataTraveler 3.0@1a120000: IOUSBHostDevice::setConfigurationGated: 300mA of bus current is not available" or similar messages with different names according to the manufacturer/model of the USB device (Lexar, SanDisk etc..)

I've also tried using the USBHubPowerFix kext by mkhon (https://github.com/mkhon/USBHubPowerFix) but even though I get the "kUSBConfigurationCurrentOverride" entry in ioreg output it seems that it isn't solving my problem..

The issue doesn't (always) happen with the single USB 2.0 port ..

Another strange thing is that if I insert an USB device to a USB 3.0 port before powering on the laptop the device is detected and mounted, on the contrary if I connect it after the system booted then it isn't recognised (not even in system.log) :-/

I've attached a compressed archive (ZIP) with the "Problem Reporting" requested files

EDIT:

I've edited the original config.plist because I like more the 1366x768 display resolution even If the Apple logo loading screen looks a bit garbled

I've also another minor issue:
I'm currently using an Apple Magic Keyboard 2 (US layout, Bluetooth) in combination with this Hack, it works really well with the exception of an error that appears whenever I resume from sleep the laptop, OS X says: "Bluetooth Not Available" on the menu bar and whenever I try to bring back the Bluetooth with the "Turn Bluetooth On" button on the Bluetooth pref pane, the UI seems to get stuck and it won't turn back on.

I've swapped the original WiFi/BT combo NIC (Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6205) with a new AC/BT4.0 miniPCIe card (an AzureWave AW-CE123H based on Broadcom BCM94352HMB chipset)

Attachments

• Problem-Reporting.zip
    2 MB · Views: 79
Last edited:
Hi guys, I'm experiencing a problem with an OS X (10.11.6 El Capitan) installation on a HP 2570p notebook, I've followed the RehabMan's guide (https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...book-using-clover-uefi-hotpatch-10-11.189416/) verbatim (or so I think) now I have a mostly fully functional hackintosh :) (thank you RehabMan and Hackintosh community!)

However there is a small issue that I've encountered, whenever I insert an USB drive (USB key, USB hard drive) to any USB 3.0 port on my notebook (this HP has 2 USB 3.0 and 1 USB 2.0 ports) OS X tells me (trough a notification on the top right area of the screen) : "USB Device needs Power" and if I look at the /private/var/log/system.log file trough Console.app I see this: "Sep 4 20:32:39 HP kernel[0]: 010511.333499 DataTraveler 3.0@1a120000: IOUSBHostDevice::setConfigurationGated: 300mA of bus current is not available" or similar messages with different names according to the manufacturer/model of the USB device (Lexar, SanDisk etc..)

I've also tried using the USBHubPowerFix kext by mkhon (https://github.com/mkhon/USBHubPowerFix) but even though I get the "kUSBConfigurationCurrentOverride" entry in ioreg output it seems that it isn't solving my problem..

The issue doesn't (always) happen with the single USB 2.0 port ..

Another strange thing is that if I insert an USB device to a USB 3.0 port before powering on the laptop the device is detected and mounted, on the contrary if I connect it after the system booted then it isn't recognised (not even in system.log) :-/

I've attached a compressed archive (ZIP) with the "Problem Reporting" requested files

EDIT:

I've edited the original config.plist because I like more the 1366x768 display resolution even If the Apple logo loading screen looks a bit garbled

Your ioreg shows no USB storage devices plugged in.
It also shows Android File Transfer hooking your USB ports. See FAQ:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

USB3 devices don't connect to a hub (they connect directly to XHC), so USBHubPowerFix is nonsense in this scenario.

I have no issue with my USB3 storage devices here and my 4540s.
It could be your specific device needs more power than mine.
You might try increasing the power properties (refer to SSDT-XHC.asl).

Your ioreg shows no USB storage devices plugged in.
It also shows Android File Transfer hooking your USB ports. See FAQ:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

USB3 devices don't connect to a hub (they connect directly to XHC), so USBHubPowerFix is nonsense in this scenario.

I have no issue with my USB3 storage devices here and my 4540s.
It could be your specific device needs more power than mine.
You might try increasing the power properties (refer to SSDT-XHC.asl).

You are right of course, I've forgot to connect the USB devices prior to running IOReg :rolleyes:
Can I reupload it?

Thank you for the insight about Android File Transfer, do you think that simply removing it from "/Applications" would suffice to "disable" it? Or should I also look at Launch Deamons/Agents?

Regarding the power draw I don't think that it is an hardware problem since in both Windows/GNU-Linux I can use the same devices just fine, I'll try looking at SSDT-XHC.asl :)

I've updated my previous post with additional information about another minor problem (maybe it is also related to Android File Transfer?)

You are right of course, I've forgot to connect the USB devices prior to running IOReg :rolleyes:
Can I reupload it?

Might be worthwhile. Nothing to look at otherwise.

Thank you for the insight about Android File Transfer, do you think that simply removing it from "/Applications" would suffice to "disable" it? Or should I also look at Launch Deamons/Agents?

Read the FAQ.

Regarding the power draw I don't think that it is an hardware problem since in both Windows/GNU-Linux I can use the same devices just fine..

Power draw greater than the power properties injected.
Obviously, a macOS/OS X specific thing.
Windows and Linux determine power supply on USB differently.

I've updated my previous post with additional information about another minor problem (maybe it is also related to Android File Transfer?)

As per FAQ (you should read it), Android File Transfer is known to interfere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back