Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Read post #1, "Problem Reporting".

I went and check the part where says:
Some audio codecs will require an additional patch (AppleHDA)

If you are using target codec 0x11d4198b, you may need to also zero out codec compare 0x11d4198a (a new supported codec in 10.12).

eg. in KextsToPatch:
Comment: 0x11d4198a to zero
MatchOS: 10.12.x
Name: AppleHDA
Find: <8a19d411>
Replace: <00000000>

Then, I found this link:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/solved-hp-probook-6460b-procedure-audio-patch.203839/

And an answer:
The config.plist files in the Probook project have already been updated.

I am uploading the SSDT files following the Problem report guide, and the file saved by the IORegistryExplorer.

My problems actually are three:
1.-No sound
2.-No battery meter
3.-Not booting from the hard drive (stuck in Apple logo, no progress bar).

Thank you very much!

Attachments

• RehabMan.zip
    50.3 KB · Views: 67
  • Arturo’s MacBook Pro.ioreg
    8.2 MB · Views: 73
zero skillet

It may also have something to do with ACPI actions when the LID is detected (could be EC queries executing/etc).
That would require debugging DSDT/EC queries, any code that is conditional on _LID status.

I went and check the part where says:

If you are using target codec 0x11d4198b, you may need to also zero out codec compare 0x11d4198a (a new supported codec in 10.12).

eg. in KextsToPatch:
Comment: 0x11d4198a to zero
MatchOS: 10.12.x
Name: AppleHDA
Find: <8a19d411>
Replace: <00000000>

Then, I found this link:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/solved-hp-probook-6460b-procedure-audio-patch.203839/

And an answer:
The config.plist files in the Probook project have already been updated.

I am uploading the SSDT files following the Problem report guide, and the file saved by the IORegistryExplorer.

My problems actually are three:
1.-No sound
2.-No battery meter
3.-Not booting from the hard drive (stuck in Apple logo, no progress bar).

Thank you very much!

The correct patches are already present in the files provided by the guide.
Problem is you didn't follow the guide.
Your problem reporting files are incomplete, but just from ioreg, I can see your ACPI/patched content is wrong as is your config.plist.

Read post #1, "Post Installation" onward.
Follow as written.

Install debug VoodooPS2Controller.kext and collect the keyboard logs (from kernel log) that result in
this goes to L/E?

the same as VoodooPS2Controler.kext just copying it to L/E?

this goes to L/E?

the same as VoodooPS2Controler.kext just copying it to L/E?

We are only talking about a single kext, so I don't know what you mean/difference between "this" and "VoodooPS2Controller.kext" (because I'm assuming 'this' refers to VoodooPS2Controler.kext).

Best to avoid words like 'this', 'that', etc.

You can install either to /L/E or /S/L/E. If you install to /S/L/E, don't forget to remove from /L/E (install_downloads.sh installs to /L/E).

No real differences in the two BIOS as far as ACPI except for the additional SSDT in the 1.39 case (may be different options set in BIOS, or different hardware in the laptop).

So the change must be somewhere else. The way BIOS initializes the graphics hardware perhaps. Or just different BIOS settings between the two cases.

I extracted video bios also. I will tell you again, my first trial was EC reset on 10.39 and then copy al settings from the two bios. No changes. It has to be something with video bios.

Attachments

• 20170903_181803.zip
    4.1 MB · Views: 68
I extracted video bios also. I will tell you again, my first trial was EC reset on 10.39 and then copy al settings from the two bios. No changes. It has to be something with video bios.

Is legacy boot/CSM enabled?

Best to avoid words like 'this', 'that', etc.

debug version of VoodooPS2... .kext I do install it to same location as release, the same type of install, just copy it?

Is legacy boot/CSM enabled?
It i on both. Tried with each setting - i played with every setting in bios last night, i did not sleep tyn to resolve the issue. There is absolutely no way to get the glitches to show up on 1.37 either

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back