Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@RehabMan in your sample ProBook configs the "10.10.2+ 5Ghz US FCC, the-darkvoid" is set with MatchOS only to 10.10.x and 10.11.x. Shouldn't the MatchOS value include 10.12.x too since it's named "10.10.2+"?

Different patches for 10.10/10.11 vs. 10.12.
No 5ghz patch required for 10.12.
10.12 has 'fcvo' patch instead.

I too have had this problem in the past as well. I don't recall if I ever found a suitable solution, I just stopped putting it to sleep that way. The only consistent sleep wake pattern that works for me is to unplug from power source and put to sleep via menu then close lid after the leds start flashing in sleep mode. When returning to a power source I have to wake it up before plugging in the power cord or it never detects the power cord plugged in.

So the problem only occurs on AC power?
Make sure you're testing with current BIOS and current githib content.

That patch is still needed, especially if you live outside USA and want to use your country's WiFi regulatory.

The repo does not provide patches for non-US regions.
That is something an individual must do themselves.

So the problem only occurs on AC power?
Make sure you're testing with current BIOS and current githib content.

Hmm. I was never able to narrow down to exact steps that trigger it.

I have the latest bios and latest github repo (looks like it has already been updated to BATT-G4), I hit F4 at boot. I tried to reproduce any odd sleep behavior and it is working fine right now.

Attachments

• RehabMan.zip
    66.1 KB · Views: 71
  • output.txt.zip
    1.4 KB · Views: 61
  • ioreg.zip
    756.8 KB · Views: 73
  • clover.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 65
Hmm. I was never able to narrow down to exact steps that trigger it.

I have the latest bios and latest github repo (looks like it has already been updated to BATT-G4), I hit F4 at boot. I tried to reproduce any odd sleep behavior and it is working fine right now.

So your problem is intermittent and not reproducible currently...
Which seems a bit different from what @philip_petev is reporting.

Does anyone on here have any problems with instant reboot after sleep after rebooting from Windows 10 back into macOS. The funny Ethernet problem is also caused by rebooting out of Windows 10. Doing a EC Reset seems to fix this until i boot back into Windows 10.

Last edited:
I removed the US one for 10.12 when I noticed it seemed to have no effect for me.
Of course, you live in US after all. Why whould you need to change the US locale with... US? I don't understand why they have set the US locale by default for generic/unknown wireless cards. Maybe because the FCC locales are the most restrictive ones...

Of course, you live in US after all. Why whould you need to change the US locale with... US? I don't understand why they have set the US locale by default for generic/unknown wireless cards. Maybe because the FCC locales are the most restrictive ones...

I don't know why the 5ghz/US patch was needed prior to 10.12. We just know that it is needed.
FYI: 5ghz BCM4352 working on 10.13 without 5hgz patch/without fcvo patch.

BTW, if someone wants to submit some common non-US patches (with correct MatchOS/etc) as a well documented/clean pull request, I will bring such content into the repo (disabled by default, of course).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back