Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
KPs are logged to NVRAM. But it only works if native NVRAM is working (eg. you don't have/need EmuVariableUefi-64.efi).
I mean a kernel 'core dump', not the panic log.

Last edited:
Okay, so here is my output and all the clover files you need and a copy of my previous post from the other thread where you said I should post here.

"I reinstalled and followed the guide step by step and still had the same issue.
When using the finder and dragging and dropping items, the dragged item refuses to drop and the finder won't let go of the dragged item unless I force quite Finder.

After I force quite Finder everything is again OK. It doesn't matter if I'm using a mouse or if I'm using a track pad.

I did however find a solution, I use an Apple Mouse and have removed the Voodoo Trackpad and Mouse Kext from the Voodoo PS2 Kext bundle. I no longer have the issue with dragged items not being able to drop, but can no longer use the track pad.

I'm mostly using this as a mobile workstation so I use a mouse 90% of the time, but it would be nice to use the trackpad on occasion.

Thanks!

P.s. The drag lock was longer than a second, it never stopped even when I tapped."

Also, the SD Card reader doesn't work. It worked with nguyenmac's guide, but I want to use a supported guide and also, not cause more headaches to forum members.

Attachments

• RehabMan.zip
    2 MB · Views: 79
Okay, so here is my output and all the clover files you need and a copy of my previous post from the other thread where you said I should post here.

"I reinstalled and followed the guide step by step and still had the same issue.
When using the finder and dragging and dropping items, the dragged item refuses to drop and the finder won't let go of the dragged item unless I force quite Finder.

After I force quite Finder everything is again OK. It doesn't matter if I'm using a mouse or if I'm using a track pad.

I did however find a solution, I use an Apple Mouse and have removed the Voodoo Trackpad and Mouse Kext from the Voodoo PS2 Kext bundle. I no longer have the issue with dragged items not being able to drop, but can no longer use the track pad.

I'm mostly using this as a mobile workstation so I use a mouse 90% of the time, but it would be nice to use the trackpad on occasion.

Thanks!

P.s. The drag lock was longer than a second, it never stopped even when I tapped."

Also, the SD Card reader doesn't work. It worked with nguyenmac's guide, but I want to use a supported guide and also, not cause more headaches to forum members.

You did not follow the guide (wrong kexts installed.. and in particular, VoodooPS2 kexts not installed correctly).
Wrong version of OS X installed.
This guide is for El Capitan.
Start over and follow as written.

@RehabMan If I activate sleep/hibernation, the screen is going black and the fan continues to turn, however, the device does not go off and I can't wake it up... Important files are attached. I'm on Sierra (10.12.5)

Attachments

• filesnew.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 79
You did not follow the guide (wrong kexts installed.. and in particular, VoodooPS2 kexts not installed correctly).
Wrong version of OS X installed.
This guide is for El Capitan.
Start over and follow as written.

"Note: This guide will also work with Mavericks (for laptops with supporting hardware), although that is not my primary testing target. In fact, I'm using the same setup on my 4530s with OS X as old as 10.6.8. Of course, many of the latest kexts are not compatible with the older versions of OS X and the WiFi card supports is not the same as the later versions. You may have to dig up old kexts or use different WiFi hardware."

I followed your guide to the T. Till things didn't work, like the Voodoo PS2.
Its running and running well since I used your dsdt and ssdt and I'm grateful for that. Since I don't "need" trackpad or SD card support. I'll just leave it be, there is something wrong with your kext concerning trackpads.

Thank you for taking time to check my upload, I appreciate that.

"Note: This guide will also work with Mavericks (for laptops with supporting hardware), although that is not my primary testing target. In fact, I'm using the same setup on my 4530s with OS X as old as 10.6.8. Of course, many of the latest kexts are not compatible with the older versions of OS X and the WiFi card supports is not the same as the later versions. You may have to dig up old kexts or use different WiFi hardware."

I followed your guide to the T. Till things didn't work, like the Voodoo PS2.
Its running and running well since I used your dsdt and ssdt and I'm grateful for that. Since I don't "need" trackpad or SD card support. I'll just leave it be, there is something wrong with your kext concerning trackpads.

Thank you for taking time to check my upload, I appreciate that.

It will work for Mavericks, assuming your Mavericks is legit and you follow the guide as written.
Based on the files you provided, you didn't follow the guide.
You should re-attempt, but follow the guide as written this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back