Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,
I installed Sierra on my laptop (Elitebook 2560p) and all is working except for camera (according to the first page, I'm not lucky with this :p ). Is there any kext or something else to enable it?

Hi all,
I installed Sierra on my laptop (Elitebook 2560p) and all is working except for camera (according to the first page, I'm not lucky with this :p ). Is there any kext or something else to enable it?

Read post #1, "Problem Reporting".
Also show attach text you see in System Information->USB for camera.

For those with Haswell or later CPUs, and a desire to test the latest... there is new content in the 'beta' branch, along with new instructions regarding CPU power management in post #1.

It implements "XCPM only" method of CPU power management, as mentioned in the new section added to the native CPU PM guide.

I have a random problem with power adapter status on my 850 g3.

My pattern of use is, unplug power adapter, laptop enters sleep.
Wake laptop up do some stuff, laptop returns to sleep.
Plug power adapter in and wake laptop up. At this point the power adapter is not detected. It doesn't happen all the time but it started happening about the time I moved 10.12.4.

I have done EC Reset. A simple reboot of the laptop and it will detect the power adapter being connected or not connected.

Is there anything that I can look at that might aid in diagnosing the problem?

Attachments

• output.txt.zip
    1.4 KB · Views: 97
  • RehabMan.zip
    68.5 KB · Views: 106
  • clover.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 102
  • ioreg.zip
    782.9 KB · Views: 107
I have a random problem with power adapter status on my 850 g3.

My pattern of use is, unplug power adapter, laptop enters sleep.
Wake laptop up do some stuff, laptop returns to sleep.
Plug power adapter in and wake laptop up. At this point the power adapter is not detected. It doesn't happen all the time but it started happening about the time I moved 10.12.4.

I have done EC Reset. A simple reboot of the laptop and it will detect the power adapter being connected or not connected.

Is there anything that I can look at that might aid in diagnosing the problem?

It is determined by battery status, but helped along with notifications from the AC adapter device (in ACPI).
Use the debug ACPIBatteryManager.kext to get kernel logs so you can understand better where the problem is. Note that if you fail to get notifications for AC adapter changes, it can take 30 seconds before the battery manager polls for new battery status. Maybe that is what is happening and you didn't wait long enough. At any rate, you need to do some debugging to determine what is really happening. You may need to read the ACPI spec to understand the _BST method return value...

For what it is worth, the ioreg you attached is representative of a system running without the AC adapter plugged in. You didn't mention anything about the state that this ioreg was captured.

Note: Your ioreg shows you are not running the latest ACPIBatteryManager.kext.

It was plugged in.

Could be:
- AC adapter device has stopped receiving notifications (EC problem), and you haven't given enough time for ACPIBatteryManager to initiate a new poll for battery status (can take up to 30 seconds).
OR
- it is not that, but ACPI is giving old battery status (eg. has stalled updates for some reason)
OR
- some other bug in ACPIBatteryManager.kext such that the timer for polling is not renewed in some situation

You need to use the debug ACPIBatteryManager.kext to determine which of the three it is, and also make sure you're waiting long enough.

Also... you should update your kexts...

Last edited:
For those with Haswell or later CPUs, and a desire to test the latest... there is new content in the 'beta' branch, along with new instructions regarding CPU power management in post #1.

It implements "XCPM only" method of CPU power management, as mentioned in the new section added to the native CPU PM guide.
Can i try this with G4??

Can i try this with G4??

Yes.
Kaby Lake *is* "Haswell or later"...
order of Intel CPU architecture releases, starting at Haswell: Haswell (CORE iX-4xxx), Broadwell (CORE iX-5xxx), Skylake (CORE iX-6xxx), KabyLake (CORE iX-7xxx).

Last edited:
Yes.
Kaby Lake *is* "Haswell or later"...
order of Intel CPU architecture releases, starting at Haswell: Haswell (CORE iX-4xxx), Broadwell (CORE iX-5xxx), Skylake (CORE iX-6xxx), KabyLake (CORE iX-7xxx).
Thanks ,Do I first have to remove previous generated SSDT.aml??

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back