Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read everything in this guide and all the links pointed here.

Almost everything is working fine, but I'm having two problems:

- My trackpad isn't working and if I touch on it automatically the laptop will restart.
- The integrated webcam of the laptop is working, but it's extremely dark

Any Idea how can I solve this?

P.S: I'm using El Capitan (10.11.6)

Attachments

• Darwin's Machine.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 71
  • picture-webcam.jpg
    picture-webcam.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 106
Thank you for detailed guide! My 4540s works perfectly under newest Sierra 10.12.4. The only minor issue is crappy video quality from built–in camera (UVC Camera VendorID_1121 ProductID_19997, Unique ID: 0x1a13000004614e1d). I remember that obsolete automated method (UniBeast + HP ProBook Installer) included the camera fix utility. Does Sierra–compatible one exist and where can I find it?

PS. ran kextstat, AnyiSightCam.kext is not loaded

Last edited:
Thank you for detailed guide! My 4540s works perfectly under newest Sierra 10.12.4. The only minor issue is crappy video quality from built–in camera (UVC Camera VendorID_1121 ProductID_19997, Unique ID: 0x1a13000004614e1d). I remember that obsolete automated method (UniBeast + HP ProBook Installer) included the camera fix utility. Does Sierra–compatible one exist and where can I find it?

PS. ran kextstat, AnyiSightCam.kext is not loaded

Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting"
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

You can google for UVC camera control.

EC reset.

May be caused by the AnyiSightCam.kext you installed.

Thanks for you help. Doing what you said I was able to solve the problem of my trackpad.

About the Webcam: I've this problem for while, the problem is the same with or without the "AnyiSightCam.kext" kext.

EDIT : Sleep is work, just disable Wake on USB/Wake on LAN. Thanks RehabMan :D

Hi RehabMan,

Need help, I have just installed macOS Sierra 10.12.4 on my Probook 430 G2 using your guide on Post #1. Everything is working. Wifi, sound, camera, etc. are working properly. But i have problem with sleep. My laptop can't wake up from sleep. CPU fan is still spinning when i close my laptop lid. And when i pressed power button to wake up, my laptop doesnt respond to it. I have already do disable hibernate via pmset but no luck.

I also attach my report.

Thanks Before

Attachments

• report.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 91
Last edited:
@RehabMan Thanks for the guide and all the help. I haven't tested everything yet, but I have battery indicator, audio, full 3d acceleration, and Ethernet. On my to-do list is a new WiFi chip (too bad I can't use this Advanced Centrino adapter, it's really fast under Windows) and a replacement Bluetooth module (it doesn't work under Windows either.) Minor remaining niggles are that the keyboard brightness and volume control keys don't work, but I can adjust either from the Display or VoodooHDA pref panes.

One last question: the El Cap installer dropped 10.11.3 on my hard drive. Is this like most Clover installs, and it's safe to install updates from the App Store?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back