Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
RehabMan, Thank you so much for this extensive guide to installing El Capitan on an HP laptop. I just finished getting my HP Probook 4440s up and running with everything, as far as I can tell, working well. I installed a Broadcom BCM94350 wi-fi plus BT card and some how got the idea it would work right out of the box. The extra kexts were pretty much already installed to L/S so the card was identified and the wi-fi symbol appeared in the menu bar. Figuring out what to do with and identifying the "wireless_bcm94352-110-v4.0c" file was a little scary -- didn't really know what was happening or if that was the right file -- but a restart and there it was. Cloned my installation with CCC. Pretty terrific for a $135 ebay laptop. Thanks again

Thanks for the quick reply.
I've ran the pre-patch_hda.sh but it doesn't solve the problem.

Run the OS X installer to refresh all kexts. Make sure you have the correct config.plist in place on your EFI partition. Run ./install_downloads.sh and ./pre-patch_hda.sh

Show output of ./pre-patch_hda.sh.

And... Attach "Problem Reporting" files...

What about the kexts in your repo called AppleHDA_ProBook.kext and AppleHDAHCD_ProBook.kext ?

They are not used except for older versions of OS X.

RehabMan, Thank you so much for this extensive guide to installing El Capitan on an HP laptop. I just finished getting my HP Probook 4440s up and running with everything, as far as I can tell, working well. I installed a Broadcom BCM94350 wi-fi plus BT card and some how got the idea it would work right out of the box. The extra kexts were pretty much already installed to L/S so the card was identified and the wi-fi symbol appeared in the menu bar. Figuring out what to do with and identifying the "wireless_bcm94352-110-v4.0c" file was a little scary -- didn't really know what was happening or if that was the right file -- but a restart and there it was. Cloned my installation with CCC. Pretty terrific for a $135 ebay laptop. Thanks again

No need to apply any additional patches other than those already provided via the guide procedures in post #1.

any one help me install mac OS sierra 10.12.4 on my laptop?
Hp Probook 450 Core i5 4210M (2.6Ghz), Ram 4GB Buss 1600Mhz ,HDD 500GB, Display 15" Led (1366x768), Intel HD 4600

Call to RP01.PXSX.RDSS is missing in _REG (in SSDT-EC_REG.aml).
Try with current files from repo.
Thanks this worked, now we can say almost everything is working, shut down with AC connectioned working no restart, only 3 issues USB-C of which we can't say it's a problem untill i get a better working converter ie USB-C to USB 3.0, Issue 2, EmuVariableUefi-64 in the latest clover bootloader doesn't seem to work properly with this laptop have tried some from older clover bootloader still getting the same results @RehabMan can you please share your copy of Clover? Lastly HDMI audio..

Last edited:
any one help me install mac OS sierra 10.12.4 on my laptop?
Hp Probook 450 Core i5 4210M (2.6Ghz), Ram 4GB Buss 1600Mhz ,HDD 500GB, Display 15" Led (1366x768), Intel HD 4600
Read post #1 follow the guide your laptop is supported

Run the OS X installer to refresh all kexts. Make sure you have the correct config.plist in place on your EFI partition. Run ./install_downloads.sh and ./pre-patch_hda.sh

Show output of ./pre-patch_hda.sh.

And... Attach "Problem Reporting" files...

Well, now the sound card is detected but no sound comes from the speakers or through the headphone connector.. Also the fnKeys trigger the on screen volume control but do not change the system volume. The mic seems active but I cannot change the volume as well.

Showing output of ./pre-patch_hda.sh.

Patching /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext...

/Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist

Comment: AppleHDA .xml.zl to .zml.zl

find: '2e786d6c2e7a6c'

repl: '2e7a6d6c2e7a6c'

patching offset: 77198

patching offset: 581930

patching offset: 581961

Comment: CX20724 #1 of 1

find: '3d8b19d411'

repl: '3df450f114'

patching offset: 363139

patching offset: 372479

Here's my problem repo

Attachments

• ProBook430g3_ProbRep.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 70
Well, now the sound card is detected but no sound comes from the speakers or through the headphone connector.. Also the fnKeys trigger the on screen volume control but do not change the system volume. The mic seems active but I cannot change the volume as well.

Showing output of ./pre-patch_hda.sh.

Patching /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext...

/Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist

Comment: AppleHDA .xml.zl to .zml.zl

find: '2e786d6c2e7a6c'

repl: '2e7a6d6c2e7a6c'

patching offset: 77198

patching offset: 581930

patching offset: 581961

Comment: CX20724 #1 of 1

find: '3d8b19d411'

repl: '3df450f114'

patching offset: 363139

patching offset: 372479

Here's my problem repo

You could try layout-id 7 instead of layout-id 5.
Look in the SSDT-4x0-G3-Skylake.aml (it is the data that follows the first layout-id inside the _DSM for HDEF).

Also... you should be using the beta branch...

Thanks this worked, now we can say almost everything is working, shut down with AC connectioned working no restart, only 3 issues USB-C of which we can't say it's a problem untill i get a better working converter ie USB-C to USB 3.0, Issue 2, EmuVariableUefi-64 in the latest clover bootloader doesn't seem to work properly with this laptop have tried some from older clover bootloader still getting the same results @RehabMan can you please share your copy of Clover? Lastly HDMI audio..

Interesting that the "restart shortly after shutdown" is fixed... I didn't think I did anything to fix that...

The laptop has gone back to my neighbor, but I could probably borrow it again...

Attached is the EFI I was last using (without themes).
It is Clover r4052, and the ACPI/patched content is result of using the 'consolidate' branch.

Here are a few comments regarding the ProBook 440 G4 when I had it:
- USB-C not tested (I have no USB-C devices, no USB-C adapter)
- CMOS reset happened during an installation attempt (early on), maybe AppleRTC patch in Clover is not working with 10.12.4
- managed to get the BIOS stuck in a state that nothing can be changed (not even the admin password). The BIOS seems buggy. I may try a CMOS reset later and see if it fixes...
- intermittent problem where Clover would stick *before* the "+++++". This was correlated with a quick Clover launch from BIOS. In the case Clover came up right away (1 second), boot would fail (no "++++"). In the case Clover took longer (3 seconds), boot would work (would get "++++", followed shortly by boot process). This 440 G4 has a single RAM stick instead of dual, so that may have something to do with it.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 90
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back