Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sleep,HDMI audio/video are working ,USB customization I haven't been able to get a USB-C to USB3.0 device the one that I have seems to work with USB-C to USB2.0 immediately I get one I will provide needed files . Brightness keys are F2 n F3

Sounds like everything as expected so far...
Note: I updated post #1 to indicate that the guide is working for 100-series Kabylake.

Test shutdown and restart too...

Last edited:
New laptop: (laptop #0 HP 850 G3) Bios 01.13 Rev A i5-6200U
System: HP EliteBook 850 G3 (Clover)
CPU: i5-6200U
Graphics: 520, 1920x1080

I used config_HD520_530_540.plist

I downloaded from AppStore this afternoon, used latest version of Clover (could be problem?) or just some mistake in my setup. I didn't see and CSM options in Bios.

It is booting very slow, i boot with verbose to see the log and it takes about 5 minutes to get the apple logo with black screen and progress bar and just sits there.

IMG_2711.JPG

Attachments

• codec_dump_850_g3.txt
    8.3 KB · Views: 229
  • lspci.txt
    1.8 KB · Views: 140
  • clover.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 98
Last edited:
New laptop: (laptop #0 HP 850 G3) Bios 01.13 Rev A i5-6200U

I downloaded from AppStore this afternoon, used latest version of Clover (could be problem?) or just some mistake in my setup. I didn't see and CSM options in Bios.

It is booting very slow, i boot with verbose to see the log and it takes about 5 minutes to get the apple logo with black screen and progress bar and just sits there.

View attachment 242604

Did you already install?
Support already there for 8x0 G3 Skylake.
Read post #1, "Problem Reporting".

Note: If this is prior to post-install steps, SATA-100-series-unsupported.kext is missing (SSDT-SATA.aml takes care of that problem later).

Last edited:
Did you already install?
Support already there for 8x0 G3 Skylake.
Read post #1, "Problem Reporting".

Note: If this is prior to post-install steps, SATA-100-series-unsupported.kext is missing (SSDT-SATA.aml takes care of that problem later).

this is trying to get to installer. I totally missed the info about SATA-100-series-unsupported.kext, THANKS AGAIN.

this is trying to get to installer. I totally missed the info about SATA-100-series-unsupported.kext, THANKS AGAIN.

Do I also need to add 14e4:43ba into FakePCI to get my wifi working? I don't even know if it works or not yet, since I have not got that far.

Do I also need to add 14e4:43ba into FakePCI to get my wifi working? I don't even know if it works or not yet, since I have not got that far.

FakePCIID already has the necessary entries for 14e4:43ba.

FakePCIID already has the necessary entries for 14e4:43ba.
Ok. I will try it.

I managed to get installer to the point where I can run Disk Utilitly but I only see the SATA HD, not the m2.ssd. I guess that means the SSD is NVMe and I need to create a patch to use it for my boot drive?

Ok. I will try it.

I managed to get installer to the point where I can run Disk Utilitly but I only see the SATA HD, not the m2.ssd. I guess that means the SSD is NVMe and I need to create a patch to use it for my boot drive?

See NVMe guide: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...h-ionvmefamily-using-class-code-spoof.210316/

Keep in mind NVMe is an extra set of instructions that are not automatic in this guide... Something you need to keep track of yourself.

You can check that it is really NVMe by running 'lspci -nn' in Linux Terminal, or will be obvious in Device Manager in Windows.

Note: If your NVMe SSD can be changed to 4k sectors, that is better than patching for 512 byte sectors... Make sure you read the material at my patch-nvme github carefully.

See guide regarding "alternate DropTables". Must read everything carefully. DropOem=true is the wrong solution. "alternate DropTables" is the corerct solutin.

Note: Your profile is not filled out correctly. Neither your profile or signature contains details on your laptop.... Please fix as per FAQ and guide.

I setted DropOem=false and apparently i have a supported wifi card :)

The only thing remaining is graphic glitches e.g. when minimizing a window etc etc i found this but i don't know if it is applicable in my case http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/319112-hd3000-freezing-in-sierra/

PS: I updated my profile to match FAQ and req i hope

Thanks

I setted DropOem=false and apparently i have a supported wifi card :)

The only thing remaining is graphic glitches e.g. when minimizing a window etc etc i found this but i don't know if it is applicable in my case http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/319112-hd3000-freezing-in-sierra/

PS: I updated my profile to match FAQ and req i hope

Thanks

The 4730s has a 1600x900 display. And certain 1600x900 displays seem to be problematic, especially with HD3000. The problem kind of re-appeared in 10.11/10.12 (or so). Some replace with 1080p...

No idea without "Problem Reporting" files...

Your signature is missing screen resolution, but most 4730s come with 1600x900. Please fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back