Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm talking about gesture that can be use, cus i see it activate but not working !
I don't wanna look around and mess up my installation that's why i asked

thanks alot again

As per my previous reply and post #1, three finger swipes are configured in SysPrefs->Keyboard->Shortcuts.

Hello everyone, first thanks for the selfless work. I have a HP Probook 640 g1 and I wanted to ask if anyone had been able to boot from the disk m.2 ssd.
I mean booting from the EFI partition on the disk m.2, I am currently booting from the EFI of the hdd but I would like to know if someone has been able to force the Bios to boot from the m.2, manually adding the option maybe?

By the option "boot from efi file", the Bios perfectly recognizes the disk m.2 and boots from its efi partition but when trying to add the personalized entry on Bios settings it returns the message "image not found"
Thank you all!

Hello everyone, first thanks for the selfless work. I have a HP Probook 640 g1 and I wanted to ask if anyone had been able to boot from the disk m.2 ssd.
I mean booting from the EFI partition on the disk m.2, I am currently booting from the EFI of the hdd but I would like to know if someone has been able to force the Bios to boot from the m.2, manually adding the option maybe?

By the option "boot from efi file", the Bios perfectly recognizes the disk m.2 and boots from its efi partition but when trying to add the personalized entry on Bios settings it returns the message "image not found"
Thank you all!

What kind of M.2 SSD is it?
If NVMe, be sure to read here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...h-ionvmefamily-using-class-code-spoof.210316/

I dont know, it is this exactly from Aliexpress:
22*42mm ngff ssd kingspec 256 gb sata iii 6 gb/s ngff

Edit: I'm reading that there is nvme and sata, not? If this, mine is sata type

Last edited:
Try adding this patch to config.plist/KernelAndKextPatches/KextsToPatch:

Comment: HDMI-audio, port 0105(12), 0x0a260005 0x0a260006, 0x0d220003, 0x0a2e000a, 0x0a26000a
Find: <01050900 00040000 87000000>
Replace: <01051200 00040000 87000000>
Name: com.apple.driver.AppleIntelFramebufferAzul

AND/OR this one:

Comment: HDMI-audio, port 0204(12), 0x0a260005 0x0a260006
Find: <02040900 00040000 87000000>
Replace: <02041200 00040000 87000000>
Name: com.apple.driver.AppleIntelFramebufferAzul

Hi Rehabman, apologies, only just managed to get back to this today. Done some more testing with both the patches above and it looks like if they are top of that KextsToPatch listing in config.plist then the sound is OK. If they are down the bottom then sound disappears. Could well be wrong with that but it's happened that way a few times now.
Main thing is that there is still no DP output and it crashes every time there is any change on the external cable (switch on, switch off, input change etc.)
Just for info, I'm using a DP to HDMI converter going via an HDMI cable into a Sony Bravia screen. This setup worked with no problems when I had Windows 10 on the laptop so I was assuming the same here with Sierra. I'm going to take the ProBook into work tomorrow and test it on a standard monitor with a genuine DP cable to rule out any problems with my setup at home.

I've attached a new zip with the problem reporting output for both patches when attached to the screen (without the Clover and downloads folder because nothing has changed there). Config.plist from the Clover folder is in there for each, as well as well as ioreg etc.

If you need any more info, just let me know and thanks again for looking at this for me. Will let you know if anything different happens on a standard DP monitor / cable tomorrow.

Attachments

• Problem_Report_070317.zip
    918.1 KB · Views: 98
If you help, this is the name Bios in Windows
\ _SB.PCI0.SATA.PRT5

I dont know, it is this exactly from Aliexpress:
22*42mm ngff ssd kingspec 256 gb sata iii 6 gb/s ngff

Edit: I'm reading that there is nvme and sata, not? If this, mine is sata type

Your profile is not filled out as requested in the FAQ (therefore, advice regarding your SATA M.2 device is not really possible).
Please fix before your next reply.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Also, attach 'lspci -nn' from Linux Terminal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back