Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where do you guys download the El capitan from? its no longer downloadable from the app store since Sierra is out..

I cannot predict the future. Try it and see if it works.

You would only need to do that if I updated one or more kexts/tools on my github/bitbucket site.

Hi RehabMan,
regarding HW upgrade , wifi card not recognised until relaunching

cd ~/Projects/probook.git
./download.sh
./install_downloads.sh

this time , after reboot,wifi icon is visible and detect my network correctly.

Audio issue resolved by reboot without cache , Blueray drive works correctly when inserted.

I try the same new HW , with OSX Sierra hard disk (replacing El Capitan one), and both devices (wifi card and Blueray Drive) work correctly.

I post this if can be useful for all.

Thanks
Bye

Installed 10.12.3 all fine just no headphones, handoff,card reader and of course fingerprint reader.

Attachments

• traidor probook450g3.zip
    16.3 MB · Views: 85
Installed 10.12.3 all fine just no headphones, handoff,card reader and of course fingerprint reader.

The ioreg shows audio working.
You could try layout-id 5. For some layout-id 7 works better, for others layout-id 5 works better.
Look at hotpatch/layout7_HDEF.asl.

Worked,thx. What about handoff and card reader?

As per post #1, card reader only works with laptops that have Jmicron (yours does not)
You should find handoff status enabled and available (check SysPrefs, System Information).
But it is pretty unreliable on hacks, especially on 10.12.

Hello, I am having trouble OSX recognizing my RAM in my Elitebook 1040 G1. I had it recognize fine in my initial setup but I think a software update caused my 8GB to be seen as 4GB. I have Clover setup the SMBIOS to show the slot and module information but it still doesn't recognize the RAM in OSX. The BIOS reports the correct RAM size. Does anyone know how to get this fixed?

Hi,
I just want to thank you for your wonderful guide.
Now I have a fully working hackintosh on my HP ProBook 4730s.
Everything is working, audio, card reader, graphic card.....
Thank for all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back