Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey. I have a 2560p HP Elitebook and I want to use hackintosh on it. Is it possible to run my WWAN module with Mac OS X?

This guide does not cover WWAN (therefore is off-topic). But you may find some information by using search.

:oops: Apologies all USB's working as expected having followed all instructions!
I have installed El Capitan using the SSDTs you mention in the configuration you supplied in your zip files ... but ... like others I cannot get the USB ports on the left side of the 8460p to work. I rebooted several times with USB 2.0 sticks in the ports without luck. I have the same 8460p. Any ideas?

I have installed El Capitan using the SSDTs you mention in the configuration you supplied in your zip files ... but ... like others I cannot get the USB ports on the left side of the 8460p to work. I rebooted several times with USB 2.0 sticks in the ports without luck. I have the same 8460p. Any ideas?

If your laptop has USB3 (NEC/Renasas), you need to install GenericUSBXHCI.kext.
They won't be perfect but will work if you plug the device in before booting.
It is why 6-series laptops with USB3 are not a good choice for 10.11.x+.

If your laptop has USB3 (NEC/Renasas), you need to install GenericUSBXHCI.kext.
They won't be perfect but will work if you plug the device in before booting.
It is why 6-series laptops with USB3 are not a good choice for 10.11.x+.

I have placed GenericUSBXHCI.kext in the "other" folder under Clover/kexts in the EFI... but ... no success. Am I doing something wrong? Do I have to boot with any special options?

I have placed GenericUSBXHCI.kext in the "other" folder under Clover/kexts in the EFI... but ... no success. Am I doing something wrong? Do I have to boot with any special options?

Wrong. Kexts placed in EFI/Clover/kexts are used only when injection is taking place (installer and recovery).
Kext injection is not used for your system partition.
You must install the kext to /S/L/E or /L/E.

Wrong. Kexts placed in EFI/Clover/kexts are used only when injection is taking place (installer and recovery).
Kext injection is not used for your system partition.
You must install the kext to /S/L/E or /L/E.

Thanks for the quick response. Used KextBeast to inject the kext. USB 3.0 ports work if I boot up with a USB 2.0 device is in one of the USB 3.0 ports otherwise the ports are not available. I don't have any USB 3.0 devices to try at this time.

Thanks again

Thanks for the quick response. Used KextBeast to inject the kext. USB 3.0 ports work if I boot up with a USB 2.0 device is in one of the USB 3.0 ports otherwise the ports are not available. I don't have any USB 3.0 devices to try at this time.

Thanks again

Yes, as expected.

are there any PCIe wi-fi adapters with 5Ghz capabilities that are whitelisted and will work with El Capitan?

are there any PCIe wi-fi adapters with 5Ghz capabilities that are whitelisted and will work with El Capitan?

Your profile has no hardware details. As a result, impossible to answer...

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
("Personal Details" link from "profile menu" in upper right corner of this site)

Mobo: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
Mobo: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Note: When specifying your bootloader, if using Clover legacy, please be sure to specify "Clover legacy"). Specifying "Clover" will be assumed as "Clover UEFI"

Hi RehabMan
HP 8470p has the built-in Broadcom bluetooth module. If I add a wifi card with bluetooth(Broadcom 4352HMB), Does bluetooth will work by following your guide ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back