Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok. I tried generate it again. This time with BETA branch.
Here is the result. I thing now it's ok.

But after I plug DP cable, laptop still freezes and reboot itself :(.

You must provide all "Problem Reporting" files.

I used SSDT-USB-840-G2.aml, booted with -uia_ignore_rmcf and ran the test again. IOReg output attached. Fingers crossed I did everything correctly.

Added. Please test.

OK, booting without FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext did the trick. It works correctly now. Still using MacBook Pro 13,1 system definition, since I had already ran ssdtPRGen with that model/board ID for the Skylake CPU.

Test with iMac14,2 and with FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext. I want to know if it is board-id dependent.

Are you willing to add ZBook Studio G3 to the guide as for the custom USB SSDT if I provide the ioreg file?

I'm reluctant to add any support for a laptop that has ALPS trackpad.

This guide uses UEFI, not legacy. Follow the guide as written.

OK now I have followed the guide exactly . Now my boot loader problem in my elite book 8460p is solved. But I am unable to fix my audio I have tried multibeast , Audio Clover ALC command & AppleHDA8series commands to try to fix my audio .Moreover this time USB 3.0 is not working.

When I was in legacy mode I was able to solve these problems my installing 885 codec via Audio Clover ALC command and USB 3.0 problem was solved by installing three USB drivers in Multibeast that were Increase Max Port Limit , 7/8/9 series USB support and 3rd Party USB 3.0.BUT I AM UNABLE TO DO SO THIS TIME.

One more question is wifi card of elite book 8460p is supported in HACKINTOSH or I have to purchase an external ?

OK now I have followed the guide exactly . Now my boot loader problem in my elite book 8460p is solved. But I am unable to fix my audio I have tried multibeast , Audio Clover ALC command & AppleHDA8series commands to try to fix my audio .Moreover this time USB 3.0 is not working.

The guide does not use Multibeast, Clover ALC, or AppleHDA8Series. Follow the guide as written.
If you have an issue, read post #1, "Problem Reporting".

6-series USB3 can be supported by GenericUSBXHCI.kext (10.11 and later). It is not very reliable though. If you plug the device in prior to booting, it tends to work. 6-series laptop + 10.11 or 10.12 is a poor choice if you need reliable USB3.

One more question is wifi card of elite book 8460p is supported in HACKINTOSH or I have to purchase an external ?

WiFi is covered in the guide post #1. Please read it.

my audio lost....how can i boot without caches...it doesnt exist on NEW clover r3961

Last edited:
The guide does not use Multibeast, Clover ALC, or AppleHDA8Series. Follow the guide as written.
If you have an issue, read post #1, "Problem Reporting".

6-series USB3 can be supported by GenericUSBXHCI.kext (10.11 and later). It is not very reliable though. If you plug the device in prior to booting, it tends to work. 6-series laptop + 10.11 or 10.12 is a poor choice if you need reliable USB3.

WiFi is covered in the guide post #1. Please read it.

The guide is not saying anything about audio I have tried all steps found on tonymacx86 may be I am doing something wrong , so I am doing problem reporting .
As you have written only use Ioregistryexplorer v2.1 it have been upgraded in the post I have used the upgraded version from the post.
All the output of the commands , IOreg and other files mentioned in problem reporting section are provide in the
Problem Reporting Files.zip attachment .

Attachments

• Problem Reporting Files.zip
    5.9 MB · Views: 99
Hi

On my 8460p after last update sierra 10.12.1

i have screen black on login, all is ok with remote desktop

Just black on local monitor

Do you have a solution ?

I update git and install last config.plist for 8x60p

thanks a lot

Status
Not open for further replies.