Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. It has DP port. I know what connector connecting.
I know, that its used to work time ago when I used PBICE.

I can post actual files, but it will be same.

When I plug DP connector, I can't even boot with it. I can see progress of starting up on external monitor, but after some boot inicialization I got instant reboot.

I will need current files. I will not look at old files.

Ok, here is latest file.
Thank you so much.

Power management is not implemented correctly. Problem with ssdtPRgen.sh you used. _SB in SSDT.aml should be _PR.

Power management is not implemented correctly. Problem with ssdtPRgen.sh you used. _SB in SSDT.aml should be _PR.
Oh, I followed guide step by step. Can you please explain it to me little bit more? Thanks.

Ok I read the guide carefully again. I tried to install properly now with OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi.

Great news is everything works including the audio.

I'm quite happy everything works. I don't care about the audio not *ALWAYS* working because when I installed El Capitan a year ago, it really wasn't working great. Just got used to this problem I guess.

I always had to rebuild cache or use first aid option.

Anyway, Happy New Year! Enjoy your holidays.

You're using the wrong model specific SSDT.
SSDT-IGPU-HIRES.aml is wrong for the hardware in your profile. 1366x768 is not considered "hires"...
Use install_acpi.sh as per guide.
Remove NullCPUPowerManagement.kext from Clover/kexts/Other (it is not recommended in the guide).
Also, OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi is recommended, not OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi.
Your Clover bootlog shows you're not booting from the EFI/Clover you attached. In fact, you're booting from USB. Features such as audio, battery status, etc, not expected to work from the USB installer Clover setup.

Last edited:
Ok I read the guide carefully again. I tried to install properly now with OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi.

Great news is everything works except for audio!

Why I don't care about audio:

1. I use Ubuntu for calls, and my most important work.
2. I only use Mac OS for iOS development.

I read that I should boot without caches but there is no such option for the new Clover UEFI boot loader.
Thank you so much!

I'm quite happy everything works. I don't care about the audio not working because when I installed El Capitan a year ago, it really wasn't working great. Just got used to this problem I guess.

If you press SPACE BAR in the Clover screen you will see many options, and there's one to boot without cache.

If you press SPACE BAR in the Clover screen you will see many options, and there's one to boot without cache.

OK. I didn't have to do that. It's just fixed by rebuilding cache. Thanks.

You should probably read about AppleHDA patching so you understand better.

This guide uses:
- CodeCommander.kext and ACPI to set pinconfigs (most guides patch Info.plist of AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext)
- Clover patch for .xml.zlib->zml.zlib
- Clover patches for target codec vs. patch codec
- Platforms and layout *.zml.zlib placed directly in AppleHDA.kext/Contents/Resources

That clarifies a lot. Just found out about AppleALC, that seems a good solution too.

Nope, in r3961 you cannot select boot without cache, because it is gone. You can still type "-f", which is the same. I don't know if the latest r3974 (out for 4 hours) can do that.

Oh, I followed guide step by step. Can you please explain it to me little bit more? Thanks.

No idea what you did wrong, but ssdtPRgen.sh did not generate the SSDT correctly. You were probably booting with a bad config.plist and/or Clover setup when you ran the script.

You can manually change the SSDT.aml or you can re-generate it as per guide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back