Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is no problems with the USB Clover, problem begins when i have completed the post install steps and reboot with the final post install Clover. I can see the Apple logo and loading bar, and almost at the end of the loading bar when logon should appear, screen fades to black. There is no crash, If I type the password and enter, I can hear from the HDD sound that OS X goes into desktop.

Are you booting with no external devices connected?
Did you press your brightness up key?

Are you booting with no external devices connected?
Did you press your brightness up key?

No external devices except Apple Magic Keyboard. I did try brightness keys, but nothing. Also one symptom related to this, I haven't tried after I did a full reinstall, but if I would plug my external monitor now on DP, I would get instant crash again like yesterday with Sierra.

No external devices except Apple Magic Keyboard. I did try brightness keys, but nothing. Also one symptom related to this, I haven't tried after I did a full reinstall, but if I would plug my external monitor now on DP, I would get instant crash again like yesterday with Sierra.

Disconnect all external devices.
Boot using USB. Enable remote desktop. Connect over network to another computer to gather "Problem Reporting" data.

Also, your ioreg shows you didn't disable the serial port (as per post #1).

Disconnect all external devices.
Boot using USB. Enable remote desktop. Connect over network to another computer to gather "Problem Reporting" data.

Also, your ioreg shows you didn't disable the serial port (as per post #1).

Same without the external keyboard. Even though this laptop has latest BIOS, there is no option for serial port in BIOS, it's weird as there is serial port option on 8470p and 8570p. Although I don't think it would cause any problems as I have used OS X with and without serial port in 8570p, and never noticed any difference on anything.

About the remote desktop, could you explain what you meant, I'm not sure if I understood correctly. You mean boot with the USB, enable remote desktop, reboot with post install clover and then connect into it from another computer? If so can I use Windows 10 remote desktop to connect into OS X remote desktop, or do I need something special to do it?

About the remote desktop, could you explain what you meant, I'm not sure if I understood correctly. You mean boot with the USB, enable remote desktop, reboot with post install clover and then connect into it from another computer? If so can I use Windows 10 remote desktop to connect into OS X remote desktop, or do I need something special to do it?

Boot using your USB, so you can enable remote desktop (Apple calls it 'Screen Sharing').
Write down the VNC address.
Verify you can connect from another computer on your network.

Now reboot with HDD EFI.
Connect via VNC/remote desktop/Screen Sharing (whatever you want to call it).
Collect "Problem Reporting" files and attach to a reply here.

VNC is available for Windows.

Boot using your USB, so you can enable remote desktop (Apple calls it 'Screen Sharing').
Write down the VNC address.
Verify you can connect from another computer on your network.

Now reboot with HDD EFI.
Connect via VNC/remote desktop/Screen Sharing (whatever you want to call it).
Collect "Problem Reporting" files and attach to a reply here.

VNC is available for Windows.

Thanks. I'll try that.

I haven't upgraded, so cannot share any personal experience. I expect it makes no difference.

The latest F.62 Rev.A (8 Nov 2016) BIOS (installed through Windows 10) for the HP ProBook 4340s is totally safe, El Capitan still works perfectly.

Btw. after I installed OS X (just booted with Clover from the pendrive, but didn't configure it with your github repo), accidentally a family member closed the lid and the machine went to sleep. After I opened the lid, it woke up immediately without any problems :)

Those are the XML that is already part of the guide...
To make sure I understood it correct:
1. Find .xml's suitable for your audio chip.
2. Edit the info.plist inside AppleHDA.kext with the XML data. Rebuild kext caches.
3. Try, goto 1 if the it doesn't work.

Hi.
I finaly make almost everything to work except external monitor on DP port.
Every time when I plug cable to my DP laptop freezes and instantly reboot itself.

Can be this fixed?
All my info are attached on post #4631

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back