Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Attachments

• sierra_9470m.zip
    567.5 KB · Views: 76
Missing:
- kextcache output
- EFI/Clover

Read post #1, "Problem Reporting". Carefully.

Sorry bout that. Added EFI/CLOVER without themes and kextcache output.

Attachments

• macos_sierra_9470m.zip
    11.1 MB · Views: 74
Sorry bout that. Added EFI/CLOVER without themes and kextcache output.

You're using the wrong model specific SSDT.
SSDT-IGPU-HIRES.aml is wrong for the hardware in your profile. 1366x768 is not considered "hires"...
Use install_acpi.sh as per guide.
Remove NullCPUPowerManagement.kext from Clover/kexts/Other (it is not recommended in the guide).
Also, OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi is recommended, not OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi.
Your Clover bootlog shows you're not booting from the EFI/Clover you attached. In fact, you're booting from USB. Features such as audio, battery status, etc, not expected to work from the USB installer Clover setup.

Merry Christmas!

I will understand if no helps immediately.

I have installed Sierra on HP Elitebook Folio 9470m today. My installer works great even if it's created using a Virtualbox.

I tried two configurations: 4x40s and 9x70. Oddly, 4x40 worked better for me.
There's nearly no difference, it seems. Everything works except for battery status and audio.

For 9x70, I had to use the boot flag cpus=1 for to get past the kernel panic error.

What's not working:

* Battery status says "No Battery Available."
* Audio does not work despite "rebuilding cache" several times and rebooting.

Attached the requested files and output. Read post #2 several times. I don't know what I should do to fix this.
IMHO, I don't want a clean install because of audio not working. The computer boots just fine without kernel panic.

Thank you for the help!
If you use Git Tip or Gratipay or similar, I can make donations to specific projects. Certain many would want to do that too. Just an idea.

hi Mate!
Merry Christmas to everyone!

simply follow the guide in post #1 step by step and You will be good!
the 9470m setup /install acpi with 9470m files/ works fine in my hack.

After installing an extra SSD (Samsung 850 EVO M.2 250GB) in the empty SSD slot I started hackintoshing my HP Zbook Studio G3. I used
Code:
# ProBook_4x0s_G3_Skylake is CX20724, Skylake, HDMI
, and MacBookPro13,3.

First of all thumbs up for the nice explanatory guide(s), the information is very clear. Still there are some issues with my laptop:

Using 'hybrid graphics' in bios only. The laptop 'feels' extremely fast, booting, starting programs etc.

What's working:
- Built in display (including brightness, no left corner glitches)
- Laptop keyboard
- Built in speakers
- Ethernet
- USB type A ports
- Battery percentage indicator
- (wake from) sleep (power button light starts blinking and fans turn off)
- Webcam

What's not working:
- Trackpad
- USB type C ports
- Headphone jack
- HDMI
- shutdown (actually does reboot)

Now the HDMI port is important to me, I would like to connect the laptop to an external monitor. The HDMI port is not 'hard-wired' to the discrete graphics card, as visible in the output of lspci -nn on Ubuntu. Also under Ubuntu the HDMI port works using 'hybrid graphics' so I believe this should be possible in macOS also.

I believe there is no 'power' on the HDMI port because the monitor on-light does not become 'on' but keeps blinking (indicating no input source). Already tried injecting intel true/false but no difference. Some help would be appreciated (even indicating where to start reading).

Should I report the progress on this laptop somewhere (explaining which exact steps are taken etc. to help other people with this laptop)?

Attachments

• Problem_reporting.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 88
Hi, sir. I got a new Zenbook U306UA(skylake). Below are the files you need.

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    706.9 KB · Views: 79
Rehabman, could you help me with a DisplayPort? EliteBook 2570P, I5-3360M, HD4000. External monitor is Dell U3417W hooked with DP -> mDP (3440x1440). When I add the SSDT's I get crash on boot when external monitor is connected. I guess it's because of the HDMI patch.

Attachments

• applehda.zip
    1.2 KB · Views: 89
  • CLOVER.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 92
  • ioreg.zip
    678.7 KB · Views: 85
  • kextcache.zip
    1.5 KB · Views: 95
  • kextstat.zip
    1.4 KB · Views: 87
  • Patchmatic.zip