Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Delete - I messed up :(

Last edited:
The BCM94350ZAE have several problems reported by hackintosh community on most models like Dell XPS, HP XXXBook, Lenove XXPad etc. But it was reported successful working on other models (e.g., my ECS Liva Core).
After searching on google and tested on my elitebook so long times, I found all scenario was occurred on my elitebook folio 1020 g1. Let me list and explaining those:

0. Lose BCM94350
BIOS - System Information:
Code:
WLAN FCC ID: Test WLAN
Bluetooth FCC ID: Not Applicable
Under some condition, `WLAN FCC ID: Test WLAN' was disappear, there is no wi-fi hardware found in BIOS, and no wi-fi hardware found on laptop, even `lspci -nn'.
Repair: Remove AC adapter, wait Wi-Fi button status light/led off, then goto BIOS, WLAN comes back.

Hardware incompatibility/defect. Nothing to do with this guide.

1. AirportBrcm4360 panic
If I remove AC adapter, wait Wi-Fi button status light/led off, the next boot will panic, so I boot into ubuntu first.

2. powered on, but no ssid search result.

3. once connect an ssid, but get 169.x.x.x ip.

4. once it works normally, may be after reboot from windows/linux.

PS: not finished.

You should also try without FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext. Outside of that no more ideas for you.

Sounds like more incompatibility. You should consider installing BCM94352Z.

Last edited:
Hi,

Long time lurker, first time poster. Thanks for the great work on the guide. Setup El Cap on a ZBook 15u G2 which is running nicely, and just wanted to get a custom USB SSDT created since there isn't one for this particular model?

IOReg output attached.

Thank you!

Your profile is not filled out per guide.

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
("Personal Details" link from "profile menu" in upper right corner of this site)

Mobo: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
Mobo: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Note: When specifying your bootloader, if using Clover legacy, please be sure to specify "Clover legacy"). Specifying "Clover" will be assumed as "Clover UEFI"

I can boot from HDD only if I copy the config.plist from the clover efi usb, if I follow your guide the config doesn't allow to boot, I still have a black screen.
By the way bluetooth works but wifi never worked even if I have the good Broadcom.
Battery percentage doesn't work and I can't enable the sound because I don't have the possibility to boot without caches. I think almost nothing works because the config.plist isn't the good one with wifi Andy sounds kexts. But I don't know which step I have to make the new config.plist working and booting well.

I can boot from HDD only if I copy the config.plist from the clover efi usb, if I follow your guide the config doesn't allow to boot, I still have a black screen.

You never replied to #4688.

Second request: Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (omit 'themes' folder).

Last edited:
You never replied to #4688.

Second request: Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (omit 'themes' folder).

Sorry I didn't see this previous message. Here is what you requested me (screen+clover folder), thank you for your help !

Attachments

• cloverlog.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 97
Sorry I didn't see this previous message. Here is what you requested me (screen+clover folder), thank you for your help !

You used the wrong parameter for install_acpi.sh. For 1600x900 you need SSDT-IGPU-HIRES.aml, not SSDT-IGPU.aml.
Use the correct option for install_acpi.sh.

You used the wrong parameter for install_acpi.sh. For 1600x900 you need SSDT-IGPU-HIRES.aml, not SSDT-IGPU.aml.
Use the correct option for install_acpi.sh.
Thank you so much !!! Everything works so great omg! Just a last thing, the two usb 3.0 ports are not working. thank you

Thank you so much !!! Everything works so great omg! Just a last thing, the two usb 3.0 ports are not working. thank you

You can use GenericUSBXHCI.kext, but it is likely to be unreliable.
6-series boards and 10.11 or later are a bad choice if you want reliable USB3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back