Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, sorry. Here.
BTW. after I did all things mentioned under "Problem Reporting", then after reboot audio is working :).

Ok. No need to look at these files (it fixed because you finally rebuilt cache as per post #1.).

Hi, i migrate from the old probook installer, everything was working. So i follow your guide (4530s). Everything works but i experienced some screen artifacts and glitches, sometimes a lot of them. So i put back my 2015's edited patched DSDT, delete SSDT-*, and deleted from config, and the glitches dissapear.
Is there anything new regardless to DSDT since i patched maybe late 2014. Or i could keep it since it works

Follow guide as written. In the case of problems, read post #1, "Problem Reporting".

Its weird. But after several reboots audio is still here :).
I also fixed my iMessage issue with generating new serial in Clover config.

EDIT: Nope! After I played with HiRes resolution and make one reboot, audio is gone again. I don't understand it.
It looks like I missing one record:

Code:
kextstat|grep -y applehda
98    0 0xffffff7f82741000 0x1d000    0x1d000    com.apple.driver.AppleHDAController (278.56) CFB0D0AE-F09A-3660-8F95-7A02FD5FBF07 <97 96 88 12 7 6 5 4 3 1>
In my previous post there are 2 lines about AppleHDA.

You must rebuild cache as per post #1 after losing audio. Once you quit messing around, kernel cache will stabilize and it will not be a problem.

Sorry, due to my primary language is not Englist, there are may be some mis-understanding. When you say "as a result, you are applying one extra patch that would not be applied if you had the correct config.plist", I think the 'extra patch' was in old config.plist, but when I `diff' I found latest config.plist has an 'extra patch' than the old one.
So I am confusing.

PS: config.plist now updated.

All problem reports must contain the files/output requested in post #1 "Problem Reporting".

No experience with it. My 4530s does not have USB3. My Intel DH67GD desktop has NEC/Renasas, but I just disabled the onboard Renasas controller and installed a supported (FL1100) USB PCIe card.

Your decision.... Use at your own risk.

After investigating i found that several manufacturers of USB3 ExpressCards use the Nec/Renesas chips on their devices and have OS X drivers for them available. Some even have NEC/Renesas's configurable firmware update tools available. So i used a Windows command line tool (provided by HP on my laptop's driver download page) to first dump the firmware from the chip as a backup and then flashed the firmware with Sonnet subsystem vendor and device id's. After that i installed the latest OS X driver (1.0.9b1) from Sonnet's site and tested it working for both OS X and Windows.

But there's one problem:
All devices plugged into the port seem to work normally except a usb3 hdd (it's the only usb3 device i have) that doesn't mount. It works normally on Windows and also if plugged into a usb2 port on OS X. IOReg sees the USB3 hub and recognises the drive, but System Information does not - why could this be? Could a usb customization help here?

Don't know if this gives any hint, but one oddity is that after installing the Sonnet USB3 driver, the first reboot gets stuck at boot at this message:
Code:
OsxAptioFixDrv: Starting overrides for \System\Library\CoreServices\boot.efi
Using reloc block: yes, hibernate wake: no
After another reboot it starts normally.

Any hints as to what i could try would be appreciated!

After investigating i found that several manufacturers of USB3 ExpressCards use the Nec/Renesas chips on their devices and have OS X drivers for them available. Some even have NEC/Renesas's configurable firmware update tools available. So i used a Windows command line tool (provided by HP on my laptop's driver download page) to first dump the firmware from the chip as a backup and then flashed the firmware with Sonnet subsystem vendor and device id's. After that i installed the latest OS X driver (1.0.9b1) from Sonnet's site and tested it working for both OS X and Windows.

But there's one problem:
All devices plugged into the port seem to work normally except a usb3 hdd (it's the only usb3 device i have) that doesn't mount. It works normally on Windows and also if plugged into a usb2 port on OS X. IOReg sees the USB3 hub and recognises the drive, but System Information does not - why could this be? Could a usb customization help here?

Don't know if this gives any hint, but one oddity is that after installing the Sonnet USB3 driver, the first reboot gets stuck at boot at this message:
Code:
OsxAptioFixDrv: Starting overrides for \System\Library\CoreServices\boot.efi
Using reloc block: yes, hibernate wake: no
After another reboot it starts normally.

Any hints as to what i could try would be appreciated!

No plans to support NEC/Renasas in this guide for 10.11 and later. For 10.10.x/10.9.x (maybe even 10.8.5), there are patches already in the config.plist for the native drivers that work well. But Zenith432 never developed any for 10.11/10.12.

Any discussion here regarding Renasas+10.11/10.12 is off-topic.

You should open a separate thread to see if someone wants to experiment with you.

Any kext that is not needed, simply will not start. Certain kexts you removed are required for things to work correctly (IntelBacklight.kext, FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext, CodecCommander for certain laptops).

So does this mean, if I install El Capitan before changing the WLAN card to a compatible one, but copying all the needed kexts (FakePCIID.kext, FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext, and ProBookAtheros.kext), they will not load, but after I change to e.g. AzureWave BCM943225HMB they'll load automatically? Or I have to rebuild cache, reload kexts or so?

So does this mean, if I install El Capitan before changing the WLAN card to a compatible one, but copying all the needed kexts (FakePCIID.kext, FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext, and ProBookAtheros.kext), they will not load,

Correct.

but after I change to e.g. AzureWave BCM943225HMB they'll load automatically? Or I have to rebuild cache, reload kexts or so?

You will likely need to boot without caches, rebuild cache in order for the Clover patches to apply.

Correct.

You will likely need to boot without caches, rebuild cache in order for the Clover patches to apply.

As soon as the WLAN card arrive, I'll report back.
Thank to you, I sold my Mac mini Server Mid 2010 and Dell XPS 15 in favor for the 4340s. You are going to be a cult leader soon :D

RehabMan is discrete graphics disabled by your hotpatch to simplify the installation process? I am wondering what would be required besides the video rom of the discrete card to get the discrete graphics enabled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back