Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clover themes are stored in EFI/Clover/themes.
You select a theme with the config.plist/GUI/Theme setting.
If you're using EmuVariableUefi-64.efi, don't forget to install the "RC scripts".

Thank you replying...

Those settings are ok.

I found others topics around the web mentioning this Clover theme issue but any fixing it.

I should found a way to fix Clover Theme Manager error:

Launch daemon & rc scripts are not operational. NVRAM changes won't be retained next boot.

I found others topics around the web mentioning this Clover theme issue but any fixing it.

You should probably be more specific about the problem you have.
Explain it well, then provide "Problem Reporting" files (read post #1).

Launch daemon & rc scripts are not operational.

No idea what you're referring to. You will need to provide details.

NVRAM changes won't be retained next boot.

Perhaps the version of Clover you have decided to use is broken (lots of churn/breaks going on in that area right now).
The laptop in your profile can use native NVRAM, so you shouldn't even have EmuVariableUefi-64.efi in drivers64UEFI.

Treat as 8x0 G2 Broadwell.

Note from makefile:
Code:
# 8x0s_G2_Broadwell is ALC280, Broadwell, DP

It matches your specs (ALC280+Broadwell+ and likely DP, even though you didn't specify).

Awesome! That got sound and battery working.

Yes -- 1 display port, 2 when docked. Abnormal behavior when docked using both DP, only mirrors, reboots on hot-disconnect.

You may have USB customization to do.

Yes, I will try to work through the instructions.

Your trackpad seems like it is not Synaptics.

Indeed, it appears to be an Alps/Atmel multi-touch trackpad.

Last edited:
Boot verbose, show photo. Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (omit 'themes' folder).

Here is attached my "EFI/CLOVER" folder. I'm not enable to take the picture of the error. I can boot on verbose mode, but in fews seconds after the start of it, the screen gets black and I don't have any feedback.

Attachments

• EFI_CLOVER_FOLDER.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 90
Yes -- 1 display port, 2 when docked. Abnormal behavior when docked using both DP, only mirrors, reboots on hot-disconnect.

Typically macOS does not support docks.
And probably not three monitors.
Additional patches may be required.

Here is attached my "EFI/CLOVER" folder. I'm not enable to take the picture of the error. I can boot on verbose mode, but in fews seconds after the start of it, the screen gets black and I don't have any feedback.
So your audio is not working. Reboot without cache if your verison of clover does not have that option use a version that does I can verify that r3577 has that option then rebuild cache in terminal using a short cut that available in 10.11+ sudo kextcache -i / and reboot

SSDT-IGPU.aml is wrong for your hardware. SSDT-IGPU-HIRES.aml is needed for 1600x900.

You used the wrong parameter to install_acpi.sh.

Read post #1 carefully.

I don't know what wp.pl is. Google has no clues for me.

It's our local polish news portal. Here is a link: http://www.wp.pl/ It freezes my laptop on macOS every time I enter the site - I assume that this might be something with TV stream which they have put on the right handside. It's now only wp.pl which I have problem with, but on the other side I didn't surf a lot.

@RehabMan

Can you please help me, i have HP Elite Book 840 G3 HD 520 Skylake everything is working also DP port on laptop is working. the issue i have with ultra slim docking when the DP port is plugged to docking won't boot with out DP it's works.

Last edited:
It's amazing how this Elitebook 840 G1 runs... A shame there is no Thunderbolt since Expresscards are obsolete...

Anyway, a last thing is hitching me. Why i can't customize the Clover Boot Theme??? I found some common answers here and there but nothing explaining why the changes i made didn't took effect.

I tried Clover Prefpane / Manual edition / Clover Configurator / Clover Theme manager.

I also tried to move the folder i like theme files into the default one (embedded).

The funny thing: When i putted my fully installed hard drive in my girlfriend 840 G1 it worked! So assume it is a clover cache folder somewhere?

PS Clover Theme Manager returns me an error message:
Launch daemon & rc scripts are not operational. NVRAM changes won't be retained next boot.

Thank you very much.

Hi tonybinjch,
Can you help me up, I have also HP EliteBook 840 G1 with El Capitan, and I cannot get my WiFi card working. I followed this manual and most of devices I managed to get working. All but WiFi card. Which steps did you follow ?
Thanks for hints.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back