Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe I should have been more specific my Elitebook 810 G2 is having problems giving the correct touchpad ID.

The reason i'm asking here is because [Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook install I used. I thought maybe it was related ? ACPI/ SSDT might be the issue or possible Hp pro-87 issue ?

I don't know ? No offense I honestly thought it was important to post it where other users who encounter it would see it ? I will gladly move it ? This isn't my first attempt to try and reconcile this issue at other places that discuss ALPs no one seems to know? So I came back to the only person who I know is a master of such problems.

Almost all laptops supported by this guide come with Synaptics trackpad. It is historical/traditional.

I'm not going to get into developing a kext for hardware I don't have.

Rehabman, I am trying to get wifi working on a Probook 430 G3 with macOS 10.12.1. The BCM94352Z I have is from a Lenovo pull. It has an ID of 14E4 43B1 17AA 0623. I think the dark void patches are not functioning due to it looking for the Dell version 14E4 43B1 17AA 062E. Would you let me know if I need to change the Find/Replace strings? If so what would the new string be?And any other wisdom you have to give... Thank you very much!

Rehabman, I am trying to get wifi working on a Probook 430 G3 with macOS 10.12.1. The BCM94352Z I have is from a Lenovo pull. It has an ID of 14E4 43B1 17AA 0623. I think the dark void patches are not functioning due to it looking for the Dell version 14E4 43B1 17AA 062E. Would you let me know if I need to change the Find/Replace strings? If so what would the new string be?And any other wisdom you have to give... Thank you very much!

Read post #1, "Problem Reporting".

Almost all laptops supported by this guide come with Synaptics trackpad. It is historical/traditional.

I'm not going to get into developing a kext for hardware I don't have.

Okay I understand, if I had known that when I bought this one they had a couple. I would have bought you one as a gift for all the hard work you've done.

Okay I understand, if I had known that when I bought this one they had a couple. I would have bought you one as a gift for all the hard work you've done.

That's a very kind offer... I think it is likely my next laptop will have ALPS or ELAN... but new ones are generally going to I2C instead of PS2 which will be something different entirely...

Unsupported laptops

If you think your laptop might be similar to the ones listed as supported, but needs only small tweaks, please provide the following information:

- native DSDT/SSDT files extracted via Clover F4 (ACPI/origin)
- audio codec dump from Linux
- full hardware details (CPU, chipset, graphics device, screen resolution, etc)
- output from 'lspci -nn' in Linux Terminal

I'm looking at a "HP 250 G5" that I got that has i3 5005U, 1366x768.

I was able to install with unibeast and multibeast, but now I want to go through the full guide.

Hhow do I create the "audio codec dump from Linux"?

It is not a laptop that we have previously looked into.

It is the first step in any AppleHDA patching guide. Read the FAQ: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Yep, I know it's a new one, and it appears to be a lower end model than the probook etc. lines, but it does appear substantially similar in terms of hardware. I'd love to try to do everything I can to get it working - figure out what I need to do whit DSDT and all that.

I have grabbed all the hw info, if this can be compared to something like the '4x0-G2-Broadwell' which woul be my best guess as to the closest hardware.

Attachments

• hw_info.hp.250.g5.zip
    67.8 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:
Yep, I know it's a new one, and it appears to be a lower end model than the probook etc. lines, but it does appear substantially similar in terms of hardware. I'd love to try to do everything I can to get it working - figure out what I need to do whit DSDT and all that.

I have grabbed all the hw info, if this can be compared to something like the '4x0-G2-Broadwell' which woul be my best guess as to the closest hardware.

It is not at all like a ProBook/Elitebook. Completely different ACPI (eg. different battery patching).

Not supportable by this guide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back