Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having some kernel panics with HP 850 G1 + docking station + external display (DisplayPort) when trying to put into sleep, restart or shutdown. It doesn't matter if using laptop's DP to connect a monitor when disconnected from the docking station or DP ports of the docking station when the laptop is connected into the docking station. If starting OS X as laptop's lid closed and laptop connected into the docking station with external monitor everything seems to work until i open the laptop's lid, disconnect it from docking station or do sleep/restart/shutdown - kernel panic is unavoidable.

The workaround for sleep/restart/shutdown what i have learned - a sort of - is to start OS X while laptop's lid is open (external monitor can be connected) and before doing sleep/restart/shutdown external monitor need to be disconnected either from laptop or from docking station if using it.

I'm using DisplayPort to HDMI adapter.

There is also issue with USB 3.0 ports of docking station. I have noticed that on every port of docking station, if connecting a USB 3.0 flash drive, USB drive gets disconnected within 5 seconds. If connecting into laptops´ ports, flash drive works without issues. USB 2.0 devices seem to be OK.

Could you help me to solve these issues?

I attached some problem reporting files.

Thanks in advance!

Docking station probably will not be perfectly stable. Try to only connect/disconnect the docking station and its devices when the laptop is shutdown.. Keep in mind Macs do not have docking capability.

You might also experiment with different BIOS settings for DVMT-prealloc and patching the framebuffer to match.

Also using a monitor with DP might help. Something to experiment with anyway...

As far as the USB issue, I can't tell from the ioreg which ports are associated with the docking station. You would need to do that correlation for me as you are the only one that can verify which ioreg node is associated with the docking station.

i've made an update from 10.12 to 10.12.1 over the appstore
after that osx cant detect my wlan card

i've made an update from 10.12 to 10.12.1 over the appstore
after that osx cant detect my wlan card

Did you boot without caches? And rebuild cache?

Hi Rehabman,
some months ago with this guide and your help successfully installed a triple boot on my machine, but i cannot use usb 2 ports and docking.

After a windows update i start my notebook with usb pen and make boot from that from EFI File for rename bootmgfw under microsoft folder on disk efi partition and....... i see that every usb ports works! so usb on docking station and every usb on notebook detect correctly hard disk , printer , usb key etc.

After renaming file bootmgfw and restart with clover on disk , instead of usb, system detect only usb 3.0 port on the right and every usb 2 port doesn't recognize devices

restarting from usbpen every usb is ok again.

So what i have to check for enable usb ?

Second question under system update appear sierra free update.....i suppose there is a specific way to update ? or i can update straight and safely?

Thanks in advance

in attach it seems that usb kext doesn't run or is disabled? non blue point on right side?

Attachments

• IMG_1887.JPG
    IMG_1887.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 90
Last edited:
Hi Rehabman,
some months ago with this guide and your help successfully installed a triple boot on my machine, but i cannot use usb 2 ports and docking.

After a windows update i start my notebook with usb pen and make boot from that from EFI File for rename bootmgfw under microsoft folder on disk efi partition and....... i see that every usb ports works! so usb on docking station and every usb on notebook detect correctly hard disk , printer , usb key etc.

After renaming file bootmgfw and restart with clover on disk , instead of usb, system detect only usb 3.0 port on the right and every usb 2 port doesn't recognize devices

restarting from usbpen every usb is ok again.

So what i have to check for enable usb ?

Second question under system update appear sierra free update.....i suppose there is a specific way to update ? or i can update straight and safely?

Thanks in advance

in attach it seems that usb kext doesn't run or is disabled? non blue point on right side?

NEC/Renasas is not well supported on 10.11+. If you need reliable USB3, update your laptop or use Yosemite. You can use GenericUSBXHCI.kext on 10.11+, but it is likely to be unreliable (plug devices in prior to boot for better results).

I would not recommend 10.12. See unsolved problems: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/readme-common-some-unsolved-problems-in-10-12-sierra.202316/

NEC/Renasas is not well supported on 10.11+. If you need reliable USB3, update your laptop or use Yosemite. You can use GenericUSBXHCI.kext on 10.11+, but it is likely to be unreliable (plug devices in prior to boot for better results).

I would not recommend 10.12. See unsolved problems: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/readme-common-some-unsolved-problems-in-10-12-sierra.202316/

ok i leave sierra update, until there is a good way to make it working

regarding usb , booting from pen drive , with all connected (hd, printers, etc) everything goes fine and also every device plugged after boot is correctly recognized.
to have the same result booting from hd, if i have understand correctly, i have to enable GenericUSBXHCI.kext ?
How i can enable it? from clover?
Thanks in advance

I am getting an Elitebook 840 G3 in the next few days. It is not listed under "compatible laptops", but I noticed there is a

config_8x0_G3_Skylake.plist

Did anyone already tested that model?

ok i leave sierra update, until there is a good way to make it working

regarding usb , booting from pen drive , with all connected (hd, printers, etc) everything goes fine and also every device plugged after boot is correctly recognized.
to have the same result booting from hd, if i have understand correctly, i have to enable GenericUSBXHCI.kext ?
How i can enable it? from clover?
Thanks in advance

Install GenericUSBXHCI.kext to your system volume with a kext installer.

I am getting an Elitebook 840 G3 in the next few days. It is not listed under "compatible laptops", but I noticed there is a

config_8x0_G3_Skylake.plist

Did anyone already tested that model?

Clearly supported...otherwise the config would not exist.

Hello I ask your help, sierra 10.12.1 I installed on my laptop a probook 450 g1, I managed to go almost everything, but I have these problems,
- The computer goes to sleep if he does not recover it reboots itself
- The wifi "BCM94352HMB" works but not the 5Ghz and no bluetooth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back