Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi RehabMan i have read the guide but i don't quite understand the post installation part. I have a HP Elitebook 8460p and can you please give all the stuff i need to patch the laptop? I would really appreciate it.

I don't see where you attached EFI/Clover (as ZIP, without 'themes').
I did a fresh install and its working fine except volume, brightness and music keys. I also cant access trackpad settings (tapping is not working snd two finger scrolling also weird. Its too fast.)

Hello, I'm looking for the best notebook to buy for a hackintosh. I would like to know if the HP Probook 440 G4 will work with this method. As I've read here the best notebooks for compatibility are the HP Probook/Elitebook/Z-Book is that right ?
Thank you !

Hi RehabMan i have read the guide but i don't quite understand the post installation part. I have a HP Elitebook 8460p and can you please give all the stuff i need to patch the laptop? I would really appreciate it.

I have an 8460p installed with 10.11 then upgraded to 10.12, what stuff do you need?

Just a heads up, the latest Public Beta of Sierra breaks all EFI mounting scripts, including CLOVER's own installer. CLOVER therefore installs to the OS drive under /EFI/, and not on the ESP regardless if you choose "Install to ESP".

Apparently Sierra now creates a dedicated logical volume that seems to symlink to the OS drive. In my case my OS disk is /dev/disk0, and therefore the logical volume is /dev/disk1. So, when any of the EFI mounting scripts from the repo or from CLOVER attempt to mount the EFI using the root directory as a base, it will fail as there is no EFI partition on the logical volume. I have therefore had to modify all the scripts on my local stash to point to /dev/disk0 directly instead of using the main OS drive's root directory as a base, and it allows me to mount my EFI and install if necessary.

This though does not fix CLOVER as its installer tries to mount from the OS partition's root directory forcefully and doesn't even attempt to look that EFI is already mounted. I haven't attempted it but copying the contents of the /EFI directory directly to the ESP could possibly work, but not willing to test this out atm.

*ADDENDUM*

I have found that there is a simpler way of fixing this. If you run into problems mounting your EFI partition you can check to see if you have a logical volume (CoreStorage) running and revert it back, by running these two commands under Terminal:
  • diskutil cs list
  • diskutil coreStorage revert lvUUID
    (lvUUID would be the last logical volume id string reported by the Terminal command above)
Process of reverting the CoreStorage mounting and reverting it was found here.

Last edited:
Hi the_chiefgeek i need the efi folder.

Hello everyone, I've managed to successfully install El capitan on my Probook 650 g1.Like many others I suppose I need a Wi-Fi card swap... So there's my question is the Probook ngff slot also suffering from whitelist issues, or can I use it with the compatible card specified here in the tutorial. Currently the slot houses a wwan card.

Hey @RehabMan is there any way to get the Card-Reader of my HP Probook 470G0 to run ?

Perhaps you forgot to enable legacy boot/CSM in BIOS.
thanks for the reply, i have already enabled legacy option in bios but i am using uefi mode. flikering started when i applied the patch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back