Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,
I used to use my El Capitan Probook 4540s for a year and everything was fine. Récement I tried installing Sierra and having found that all was not stable, I decided to return to El Capitan. I tested the method of Clover UEFI Hotpatch and also the Probook software installer. every time I encounter the same problems: everything works except the sound. Also in firefox the videos do not work (its works on safari). I try repairing permissions, I also tried - without reboot caches , - rebuild cache,
sudo touch / System / Library / Extensions && sudo -u kextcache /
- Normally reboot.
When I do this, I have the following message in the console:

kxld [com.apple.driver.AppleHDA]: The following symbols are unresolved for this kext:
kxld [com.apple.driver.AppleHDA] IOPCIDevice :: Metaclass
kxld [com.apple.driver.AppleHDA] IOACPIPlatformDevice :: Metaclass
Link failed (error code 5).
Prelink failed for com.apple.driver.AppleHDA; omitting from prelinked kernel.

I do not understand what I'm doing wrong.
Have you any ideas? sorry for my english, i'm french.
Thank you

Hello Rehab Man, i have worked through the whole guide and none of the audio,battery management and brightness are working for me. here if my problem reporting:

Your .ZIP file is corrupt. Always use Finder to compress it.

Hello,
I used to use my El Capitan Probook 4540s for a year and everything was fine. Récement I tried installing Sierra and having found that all was not stable, I decided to return to El Capitan. I tested the method of Clover UEFI Hotpatch and also the Probook software installer. every time I encounter the same problems: everything works except the sound. Also in firefox the videos do not work (its works on safari). I try repairing permissions, I also tried - without reboot caches , - rebuild cache,
sudo touch / System / Library / Extensions && sudo -u kextcache /
- Normally reboot.
When I do this, I have the following message in the console:

kxld [com.apple.driver.AppleHDA]: The following symbols are unresolved for this kext:
kxld [com.apple.driver.AppleHDA] IOPCIDevice :: Metaclass
kxld [com.apple.driver.AppleHDA] IOACPIPlatformDevice :: Metaclass
Link failed (error code 5).
Prelink failed for com.apple.driver.AppleHDA; omitting from prelinked kernel.

I do not understand what I'm doing wrong.
Have you any ideas? sorry for my english, i'm french.
Thank you

Restore AppleHDA to vanilla using the OS X installer.

Hello RehabMan,
Thanks for the answer. How do i restore AppleHDA ?
Thanks
Jean-Marc

Run the OS X installer. ... just like you did when you originally installed, but without erasing the target partition.

i have followed guide step by step, but i have a problem, when i start mac the the display starts flickering and screen goes white. it remains same until i change refresh rate to 40 and then back to 60. will anybody please help me? i am using probook 450 g3 i7-65000u. thanks

i have followed guide step by step, but i have a problem, when i start mac the the display starts flickering and screen goes white. it remains same until i change refresh rate to 40 and then back to 60. will anybody please help me? i am using probook 450 g3 i7-65000u. thanks

Perhaps you forgot to enable legacy boot/CSM in BIOS.

Hi to all
I have a problem with Macos Sierra, my laptop monitor go in sleep display when boot, and i have difficult to brightness up without extern keyboard, where i can fix this problem ?
many thansk to all

[Problem Fixed] Litght Sensor Enable on laptop :(

Last edited:
Hello all,
@ Rehabman, I have try to restore AppleHDA without succes : I extract it from the installer using Pacifist and after that Kexthelper but still have the same problem with no sound.
Thanks
JM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back