Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
i see a new update :

compatibility raw update camera RAW 6.2
OSX El capitain 10.11.6
Itunes 12.4.3

then also update of Imovie.

is safe to update? or i have to setup something before?
Thanks

Hi i have 8460p

Thanks a lot for your guide all is ok except wifi intel centrino n6205

Is it driver mac for this card

Or I know there is a whitelist for wifi card on 8460p

So do you know what wifi card is ok for mac and is on whitelist

Thanks for your help

i see a new update :

compatibility raw update camera RAW 6.2
OSX El capitain 10.11.6
Itunes 12.4.3

then also update of Imovie.

is safe to update? or i have to setup something before?
Thanks

If you followed the guide in post #1, there should be no problem with these updates.

Hi i have 8460p

Thanks a lot for your guide all is ok except wifi intel centrino n6205

Is it driver mac for this card

Or I know there is a whitelist for wifi card on 8460p

So do you know what wifi card is ok for mac and is on whitelist

Thanks for your help

Intel WiFi is not supported. For supported WiFi, read post #1.

Would like some help getting my EliteBook 850 G2 i7-5600U to sleep when I close the lid. I can usually make it go to sleep either from the menu or from the power button (sometimes it will immediately wake). It will never go to sleep from closing the lid. I did see there were a couple of patches in MaciASL for the lid, but was unsure if they are for the 850 G2. I do have the wake on lid open in the bios checked. If I uncheck it it will not wake from sleep when I open the lid and will wake if it's checked. Seems like the system is reading the lid ok so not sure if I need the patches. I have also included part of the Console output from when it would not sleep. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

P.S. I just upgraded my screen to 1080p after pulling all of the information from the computer. If that makes a difference, I can pull all the info again.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 70
  • ioreg.zip
    505.9 KB · Views: 67
  • RehabMan.zip
    65.7 KB · Views: 78
  • TerminalOutputs.txt
    4.5 KB · Views: 130
  • Console Output - No Sleep.zip
    1.9 KB · Views: 81
Would like some help getting my EliteBook 850 G2 i7-5600U to sleep when I close the lid. I can usually make it go to sleep either from the menu or from the power button (sometimes it will immediately wake). It will never go to sleep from closing the lid. I did see there were a couple of patches in MaciASL for the lid, but was unsure if they are for the 850 G2. I do have the wake on lid open in the bios checked. If I uncheck it it will not wake from sleep when I open the lid and will wake if it's checked. Seems like the system is reading the lid ok so not sure if I need the patches. I have also included part of the Console output from when it would not sleep. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

P.S. I just upgraded my screen to 1080p after pulling all of the information from the computer. If that makes a difference, I can pull all the info again.

Disable "Wake on LID open" in BIOS. Does it work then?

Keep in mind there is a 15-20 second sleep delay...
Also, make sure all sleep assertions are clear before testing (pmset -g assertions).

You should also remove VirtualBox. Try to keep your system clean.

Also, the only way to be certain your ACPI LID device is working correctly is to instrument the _LID method with ACPIDebug.kext.

Last edited:
It does not wake if I disable "Wake on LID open" in BIOS and does not sleep when I close the lid either.

Unfortunately, I need VirtualBox and Windows 7 for two specific programs. I had this problem before installing VirtualBox, though.

I am working on installing the RMDT and _LID but I am unable to compile. I keep getting syntax error, unexpected ',' or ')'. I am using "iasl -da -dl -fe refs.txt *.aml" to decompile (refs.txt made and in directory) and then opening the DSDT.dsl file in MaciASL. Without adding any patches, I compile and get the errors. There were only a few syn patches that made changes and none of them seemed applicable. I have attached the offending code and it begins at line 4371. Please advise. Thanks.

Attachments

• Screen Shot of MaciASL Errors.jpg
    Screen Shot of MaciASL Errors.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 83
  • DSDT.dsl Code with Errors.txt
    918 bytes · Views: 302
It does not wake if I disable "Wake on LID open" in BIOS and does not sleep when I close the lid either.

Unfortunately, I need VirtualBox and Windows 7 for two specific programs. I had this problem before installing VirtualBox, though.

I am working on installing the RMDT and _LID but I am unable to compile. I keep getting syntax error, unexpected ',' or ')'. I am using "iasl -da -dl -fe refs.txt *.aml" to decompile (refs.txt made and in directory) and then opening the DSDT.dsl file in MaciASL. Without adding any patches, I compile and get the errors. There were only a few syn patches that made changes and none of them seemed applicable. I have attached the offending code and it begins at line 4371. Please advise. Thanks.

Looks like its not compiled properly. Use F4 at Clover. aml files will be in EFI/Clover/ACPI/origin.

Ok, got it compiled correctly and installed debugging and _LID. The output of the console is attached. I tried "Poll for LID changes" patch and it just caused the _LID status to report non-stop in console. The "Remove _PRW from LID" patch did not find anything to change so I was unable to install it. Is there something in the patch I can modify to try it? Where can I go from here? Thanks.

Attachments

• Debug _LID Console Results.txt
    1.1 KB · Views: 80
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back