Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've posted the "Problem Reporting" files on my original post.. I'll upload them again.
I'll debug the USB as recommended and post back.
I'm aware that my wifi is not compatible, I tried a few mini cards that I've they don't fit on the Zbook, they do fit on the Asus G750Jx. The Zbook Studio G3 seems to use a card even smaller than mini card..
Again thanks a lot!!

I tried to map the USB ports , the 3 USB V3 ports are working fine but the 2 Type C port work but I can't identify to which port they are mapped to. I mean, all the devices I plug in are usable and show up on IOreg under the Legacy session and not attached to any HS or SS port.
Code:
IOService:/IOResources/AppleUSBHostResources/AppleUSBLegacyRoot/AppleUSBXHCI@00000000
To test I've plugin a USB HDD, USB stick, a mouse receiver to the Type C port, all using a cable Type C to normal USB.
Code:
IOService:/IOResources/AppleUSBHostResources/AppleUSBLegacyRoot/AppleUSBXHCI@00000000/Microsoft® Nano Transceiver v1.0@00100000

Touchpad is not working yet.
The Toshiba XG3 SSD 512GB THNSN5512GPU7 M.2 2280 NVMe is working now after I changed the USB ports to the addresses found in the DSDT.
So, both M2 SSDs are working fine.. Toshiba and Kingston.[/code]

Attachments

• ioreg_dst_ssdt.zip
    797.8 KB · Views: 85
I tried to map the USB ports , the 3 USB V3 ports are working fine but the 2 Type C port work but I can't identify to which port they are mapped to. I mean, all the devices I plug in are usable and show up on IOreg under the Legacy session and not attached to any HS or SS port.

You need to edit the SSDT-USB-ZbookStudio-G3.dsl so only ports that actually connected to something are included.

USB-C should be UsbConnector 0x0a. You may have to guess on the port number, or use Windows to determine.

Might require some research on 8086:15b6...

Touchpad is not working yet.

Your trackpad appears to be ALPS (from ioreg). Surprising because HP usually uses Synaptics for this series of laptops.

Search for PS2 drivers appropriate for ALPS.

Last edited:
No one is clairvoyant here. No idea without the files already requested. You probably corrupted the entire config.plist.
I never asked for clairvoyance. I don't need anyone to survey my clover folder, I just want to know if there is a way to edit the config.plist without a USB or separate computer. I already know that the SMBIOS is causing the boot issue. The SMBIOS editor in the Clover Bootloader will not change the .plist file.

I never asked for clairvoyance. I don't need anyone to survey my clover folder, I just want to know if there is a way to edit the config.plist without a USB or separate computer. I already know that the SMBIOS is causing the boot issue. The SMBIOS editor in the Clover Bootloader will not change the .plist file.

The EFI partition is FAT32. It can be accessed from Windows or Linux.

Hey RehabMan,

today i update my Sister´s ProBook 450 G1 Haswell from earlier Yosemite install (with used ProBook Installer-Clover Edition) and transition to this hot patch setup and then with Major updates to El Capitan.

System works perfekt and everything is fine.

Information for you:

SSDT-KEY87 is the right one for ProBook 450 G1.
And i correct with the help of ioreg the Information USB Ports Location inside SSDT-USB-4x0-G1.dsl (see Attached File)

Thanks

Attachments

• SSDT-USB-4x0-G1.dsl
    4.3 KB · Views: 107
Hey RehabMan,

today i update my Sister´s ProBook 450 G1 Haswell from earlier Yosemite install (with used ProBook Installer-Clover Edition) and transition to this hot patch setup and then with Major updates to El Capitan.

System works perfekt and everything is fine.

Information for you:

SSDT-KEY87 is the right one for ProBook 450 G1.
And i correct with the help of ioreg the Information USB Ports Location inside SSDT-USB-4x0-G1.dsl (see Attached File)

Thanks

github updated based on this feedback...

Changed the install_acpi.sh script to use KEY87.
Incorporated the comments regarding USB port locations.

Man, after I got almost everything working on the Zbook Studio G3, I was told I can't used for work as I'll breach the company policy. They approved it before and now they say No. As its a company laptop I can't continue hackintoshing it.. ouch..
I'm going to ask for Macbook Pro. :banghead::crazy:
The Zbook Studio performed way better than the Macbook Pro on the GeekBench 3 and it has more memory and storage.

Man, after I got almost everything working on the Zbook Studio G3, I was told I can't used for work as I'll breach the company policy. They approved it before and now they say No. As its a company laptop I can't continue hackintoshing it.. ouch..
I'm going to ask for Macbook Pro. :banghead::crazy:
The Zbook Studio performed way better than the Macbook Pro on the GeekBench 3 and it has more memory and storage.

Actually, I think I found out something that may help Zbook Studio G3 users. While I was changing the BIOS setup back to return the laptop to the company as they are going to give me a Macbook Pro, and I saw a settings on the BIOS for the USB Type C ports. It has a few different options like:
1) PCIe DisplayPort + USB = No security
2) PCIe DIsplayPort + USB = User Authorization ( mine was set to this)
3) DisplayPort + USB - I think this one would work as expected..

I noticed on my IOreg that anything I plugged in the USB Type C port were attached to a PCIe Bridge and then a Legacy USB HUB, they didn't show up on the normal USB ports(HS*, SS*). So, the settings above may affect this. Unfortunately, I cant test is anymore.

Last edited:
Overview
Note: HP 6x70b/8x70/2x70/9470m has a built-in bluetooth module, so the bluetooth module in WiFi+BT card will not be used.

Is there any way to change this? Meaning to use the BT from BCM94352HMB instead of the built-in module in my EliteBook 8570p for example?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back