Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed under System Profiler my computer was recognized as a MacBook Pro. I was putting off setting up my SMBIOS because I was happy with it booting. So, I set it up as a MacBookPro and now it won't boot. I think it had no fields filled in before except for the identifier which was a MacBookAir7,1 but I'm not sure.

I have an HP ProBook 450 G3

Boot verbose, show photo. Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (omit 'themes' folder).

--

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

Mobo: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
Mobo: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Note: When specifying your bootloader, if using Clover legacy, please be sure to specify "Clover legacy"). Specifying "Clover" will be assumed as "Clover UEFI"

Boot verbose, show photo. Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (omit 'themes' folder).

--

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

Mobo: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
Mobo: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Note: When specifying your bootloader, if using Clover legacy, please be sure to specify "Clover legacy"). Specifying "Clover" will be assumed as "Clover UEFI"
I'll be sure to do all that when I get home. I don't know how I'll upload my Clover folder as I cannot boot. I know it won't boot because I messed with the SMBIOS. Can I just post that section in clover?

I don't know how I'll upload my Clover folder as I cannot boot.

Boot using your USB. Or remove the HDD and connect it to a working computer.

Try with the changes just checked into SSDT-IGPU and the new build of FakePCIID.

RehabMan,
I LOVE YOU!!!!! :clap::headbang: You rocks!!!

I tried patching the SSDT-IGPU myself but instead of using the fake id I used it's original id. So, it didn't work.

I need to figure out:
Also needs fixing:
1) USB 3 type C ports need fixing.
2) trackpad - it's not working.
3) how to fix the HDMI port, it's no working, there is no signal when connecting an external monitor.
4) Targus BT ACB75AU works fine on my Asus G750JX hackintosh laptop - El Capitan 10.11.5, but fail on this one. http://targus.com/au/Bluetooth-4_0-DualMode-Micro-USB-Adapter-acb75au
5) Wifi - get a dongle as I couldn't find a compatible mini card for the Zbook Studio - I have few wifi mini cards but they are still bigger than the original intel 8260. They do fit on my Asus G750JX.

I need to create a forum signature with my hackintoshes, so far 2 PCs and 2 laptops.

Can you help me with the USB 3 type C and HDMI port?
I can live without BT and wifi for now as a dongle may fix that.

Also, if you need any help with development/code, I'm happy to help. I've 22 years of development experience, I don't know everything but I know a few tricks on Assembly, C/C++, Objective-C, Java and others.
I'd love to understand DDT and SSDT better to help the community. So far I've being greatful for all work that has been done and with just blogs, forums posts, patches, I was able to install hackintosh on my other 3 devices with success and I always wanted to help but I usually got stuck with the DDT and SSDT and drivers debugging on OS X.. I did develop a few simple drivers but that was it.

Again thanks a lot!! You rock man!

Last edited:
1) USB 3 type C ports need fixing.

I don't think the support for USB-C is complete in 10.11. Maybe in 10.12. But you should go through the process identified in "USB Customization".

2) trackpad - it's not working.

Post "Problem Reporting" files.

3) how to fix the HDMI port, it's no working, there is no signal when connecting an external monitor.

Like other ZBooks, your HDMI is probably directly connected to Nvidia. Will require getting the Nvidia device working...

4) Targus BT ACB75AU works fine on my Asus G750JX hackintosh laptop - El Capitan 10.11.5, but fail on this one. http://targus.com/au/Bluetooth-4_0-DualMode-Micro-USB-Adapter-acb75au

Probably a USB issue, see above...

5) Wifi - get a dongle as I couldn't find a compatible mini card for the Zbook Studio - I have few wifi mini cards but they are still bigger than the original intel 8260. They do fit on my Asus G750JX.

Replace internal WiFi card with compatible card. Read post #1.

Also, if you need any help with development/code, I'm happy to help. I've 22 years of development experience, I don't know everything but I know a few tricks on Assembly, C/C++, Objective-C, Java and others.

That's good because it means you can probably contribute the custom USB SSDT... after you determine all the ports needed.

I don't think the support for USB-C is complete in 10.11. Maybe in 10.12. But you should go through the process identified in "USB Customization".

Post "Problem Reporting" files.

Like other ZBooks, your HDMI is probably directly connected to Nvidia. Will require getting the Nvidia device working...

Probably a USB issue, see above...

Replace internal WiFi card with compatible card. Read post #1.

That's good because it means you can probably contribute the custom USB SSDT... after you determine all the ports needed.

I've posted the "Problem Reporting" files on my original post.. I'll upload them again.
I'll debug the USB as recommended and post back.
I'm aware that my wifi is not compatible, I tried a few mini cards that I've they don't fit on the Zbook, they do fit on the Asus G750Jx. The Zbook Studio G3 seems to use a card even smaller than mini card..
Again thanks a lot!!

Attachments

• RehabMan.zip
    80.8 KB · Views: 81
  • Archive.zip
    591.3 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:
Boot using your USB. Or remove the HDD and connect it to a working computer.
I don't have either of these options available to me while I'm away. Why can't I just edit the SMBIOS in Clover. I know it should boot when I only leave "MacBookPro11,1" in the identifier field but I'm getting the attached error instead.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 146
I've successfully installed on my hp4230s! Thanks for the guide.
I'm still testing stuffs...

Attachments

• hackintosh.png
    hackintosh.png
    55.3 KB · Views: 124
I've posted the "Problem Reporting" files on my original post.. I'll upload them again.

Repo has been updated, and so you need to provide "Problem Reporting" files.
This attachment is missing EFI/Clover. Please read carefully.

I'm aware that my wifi is not compatible, I tried a few mini cards that I've they don't fit on the Zbook, they do fit on the Asus G750Jx. The Zbook Studio G3 seems to use a card even smaller than mini card..

Sounds like it is NGFF/M.2 (2230) as would be expected with a new laptop. Read post #1.

I don't have either of these options available to me while I'm away. Why can't I just edit the SMBIOS in Clover. I know it should boot when I only leave "MacBookPro11,1" in the identifier field but I'm getting the attached error instead.

No one is clairvoyant here. No idea without the files already requested. You probably corrupted the entire config.plist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back