Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Make sure you have HPFanReset.efi in drivers64UEFI. It is installed by install_downloads.sh.

Im pretty certain ive installed it let me just check. Im currently installing updates in windows.

I do have it. Maybe my laptop is just running Cooler than my i7 4530s does. This is the i3 Probook.

Screen Shot 2016-07-03 at 23.44.33.png

I do have it. Maybe my laptop is just running Cooler than my i7 4530s does. This is the i3 Probook.

Fan speed is directly related to temperature of the CPU.

Fan speed is directly related to temperature of the CPU.

Yeah i know. Just the CPU was at 71c in windows but the fan was staying on idle. In OS X the fan works thats thing i can't get around.

Yeah i know. Just the CPU was at 71c in windows but the fan was staying on idle.

It sounds to me that HPFanReset.efi did not execute in that case.

It sounds to me that HPFanReset.efi did not execute in that case.

I have defiantly got it in EFI. Ive also updated Clover earlier. I ran a CPU Burn-in program for a few seconds CPU went to nearly way over 80c so i stopped it but the fan didn't speed up.

I have defiantly got it in EFI. Ive also updated Clover earlier. I ran a CPU Burn-in program for a few seconds CPU went to nearly way over 80c so i stopped it but the fan didn't speed up.

Something is wrong with your setup and HPFanReset.efi is not running/not working.

Maybe you're not booting UEFI or not booting from the EFI/Clover you think you are. You should verify in your Clover bootlog.

Something is wrong with your setup and HPFanReset.efi is not running/not working.

Do you want me to post my problem reporting files? or do you have want my EFI and bootlog?

I have an 8470w with an AMD Firepro M2000 (detected as ATI Radeon 7650M after installing El Capitan).

When I enable ATI (and graphicsEnabler=yes) along with loadVBios, I got flickering gradient colors and the screen resolution is wrong. The resolution is wider than my screen, and only left half of the picture is visible while right half is not. When the system boots, I have to move all the open windows to the left half of the screen for me to fully see what they contain. Fix EDID did not help.

I figure if I get the correct kext/driver/whatever installed for my GPU it will fix all the above problems? How do I fix the problem I have ? The other HP thread is not active unfortunately :(

You have the SSDT installed.. SSDT-USB-8x70.aml. It is doing what we expect...

You can try experimenting with different portType for HP23 (look in the SSDT-USB-8x70.aml). Currently we have it set to 4, but really we do not know the meaning. The value 4 was found to eliminate some problems with camera detection after sleep. You can try other values, or eliminate it completely.

I did some experimenting - portType first, no luck. But I did think it was a patch problem since the camera worked before installing. When I remove the SSDT-IGPU-HIRES.aml, the screen flickers a bit, but FaceTime now works perfectly. I may try installing SSDT-IGPU not hires and see what happens. You still have my problem reporting files, no changes (other than pulling the IGPU patched aml). I don't know if this helps, but it's good to get a little closer to solving. What in that SSDT might interfere with FaceTime? Maybe that's fixable.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back