Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi @RehabMan, I follow your guide in post #1 to install El Capitan 10.11 on my brother's HP Probook 4540s, his laptop has 2 seperate hard disks, one 250GB HDD in caddy bay and one internal 120GB SSD. I intend to install Hackintosh on HDD, before install Hackintosh, I unplugged the SSD to avoid any problem during the installation process and setup BIOS as your guides. Then I created El Capitan USB Installer and succeed in booting to Welcome screen OS X, I used Disk Utility to partition the HDD into 3 partitions, the 1st partition sized 100GB with GPT format for OSX. I chose this partition to install, but this error appear: "OS X could not be installed on your computer because there is not enough free space". I try to re-format HDD many times but still stucked at this step. What should I do? Thanks!

What were the other partitions? Show output of 'diskutil list'.

You should install to the main SATA bay, not the CD-bay.

Note: Partitions are not GPT. Disks are either partitioned MBR or GPT.

Hello. I have a question.

I've installed on an EliteBook 8470p. After clover install system boots, internal camera works perfectly for FaceTime (FT) and Photo Booth (PhB)... After running the scripts per guide, camera no longer works properly, just black - the camera "on light" is on and it appears in USB list. Post script install it works ok in PhB.

The video quality pre script install is excellent - absolutely super detailed, 720p, and smooth with great color and brightness in FT and PhB. Post script run, image is 100% dark in FT, and in PhB it's much lower quality - pixelated, choppy. USB external camera is better, not great.

It's not a big problem really - everything else is working perfectly, just wondering what in the SSDTs that get installed might cause this? USB? I notice that the 8470p is lacking a customized USB SSDT - so maybe it's what's not installed?

Read post #1, "Problem Reporting".

Note that there is a custom USB SSDT for 8x70. Not sure why you think there isn't.

You just need to plug the printer in OS X, maybe you'll need Mac drivers (download it from hp.com). In my case the printer was installed just plugin the USB cable, later on an HP update came from AppStore. You can always check it in System Preferences/Printer.

To clean your system you can use CCleaner and Malwarebytes for Mac, with these two I clean a lot of systems with good results. Appcleaner is a great application to delete apps and all the files related (it's like a simple uninstaller).

I try those applications and remove immediately last used tools.
Now i'm trying printer installation

thanks for help.
Bye

What were the other partitions? Show output of 'diskutil list'.

You should install to the main SATA bay, not the CD-bay.

Note: Partitions are not GPT. Disks are either partitioned MBR or GPT.

I partitioned HDD to 3 partitions, all are Mac OS Extended (Journaled) format. I will change the HDD to the main SATA bay then try again.

Thanks a lot :D.

I partitioned HDD to 3 partitions, all are Mac OS Extended (Journaled) format. I will change the HDD to the main SATA bay then try again.

Thanks a lot :D.

Also, your profile does not indicate a laptop supported by this guide...

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

Mobo: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
Mobo: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Note: When specifying your bootloader, if using Clover legacy, please be sure to specify "Clover legacy"). Specifying "Clover" will be assumed as "Clover UEFI"

Is it a problem when I receive this when executing ./install_downloads.sh? I meant the invalid signatures btw. I also get this when I try to rebuild the cache for the audio.

Attachments

• Screenshot at Jun 29 19-04-09.png
    Screenshot at Jun 29 19-04-09.png
    126.1 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:
Is it a problem when I receive this when executing ./install_downloads.sh? I meant the invalid signatures btw. I also get this when I try to rebuild the cache for the audio.
That's normal as far as I know, as the signatures in the kexts that are installed and/or modified are not signed and since the OS is booted in developer mode, the kexts load normally even though they are not signed.

Also, those invalid signature errors are during the kextcache rebuild portion of the install_downloads.sh script. :)

Did the guide from a to z and it now works including the sound.

Thanks for this guide. Made it "easy" to follow. Dunno what went wrong first times.

Read post #1, "Problem Reporting".

Note that there is a custom USB SSDT for 8x70. Not sure why you think there isn't.

Attached reporting files. Was the 8x70 usb a recent add?

Attachments

• RehabMan.zip
    2 MB · Views: 77
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back