Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. If you already installed Clover with the Clover installer, it will remember your selections.
Thanx a lot for your support

Read the guide carefully. You must boot without caches, then rebuild cache (as per post #1), then reboot.

You should see AppleHDA.kext listed in the kextcache output. If you don't, there is something wrong with your audio kexts. In that case, run the OS X installer to restore your kexts to vanilla.

RehabMan,
Thanks for your advise and I have install 10.11.3 again. After installed the audio icon not shown up. I backup AppleHDA.kext (date 11Dec2015), after boot without cache, rebuild cache and reboot 3 to 4 times, icon still not shown up.
I upgrade it to 10.11.5 via Apple store update, after reboot, no luck, and also no luck on repeat the boot without cache, rebuild cache and reboots. I also done "first aid" under Disk utility and re-try, but still no show.

Do I need to rebuild the Clover hot patch (as I go through it should not) and do you think it was because the config.plist parameter incorrect?
I see Devices -> Audio -> Inject = 0, and I think no other Audio related there.

thanks again!!
Kent

RehabMan,
Thanks for your advise and I have install 10.11.3 again. After installed the audio icon not shown up. I backup AppleHDA.kext (date 11Dec2015), after boot without cache, rebuild cache and reboot 3 to 4 times, icon still not shown up.
I upgrade it to 10.11.5 via Apple store update, after reboot, no luck, and also no luck on repeat the boot without cache, rebuild cache and reboots. I also done "first aid" under Disk utility and re-try, but still no show.

Do I need to rebuild the Clover hot patch (as I go through it should not) and do you think it was because the config.plist parameter incorrect?

thanks again!!
Kent

Why are you installing 10.11.3? Current version is 10.11.5. From where did you download OS X?

And when reporting a problem, you must provide all files/output as requested in post #1, "Problem Reporting".

RehabMan,

thanks again!!
Kent
This is going to sound quite obvious, but did you happen to check System Preferences > Sound > Show volume in menu bar when the Audio icon disappears from the menu bar? I had this happen and it was just turned off when the audio was working.

Finally able to boot my 840 G2 with this tutorial. Thanks RehabMan!

Slight problem with the Post Installation part. It tells me: iasl: command not found. What can I do to fix this?

Attachments

• w.png
    w.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 91
Having huge problems with sound on 10.11.5. Everything seems fine except the sound. In systeminfo it says no sound installed. Any help is appreciated. Tried several times now following the guide and also patch the 10.11.4 sound fix for pro books.

Edit: sound problems like in it works on 10.11.3 with PBI but not on 10.11.3 with this guide.

Probook G1 450
Intel I5 HD4200
12GB RAM

Attachments

• RehabMan.zip
    22.6 MB · Views: 76
Finally able to boot my 840 G2 with this tutorial. Thanks RehabMan!

Slight problem with the Post Installation part. It tells me: iasl: command not found. What can I do to fix this?

It means you didn't run ./download.sh and ./install_downloads.sh.

Read the guide carefully.

Having huge problems with sound on 10.11.5. Everything seems fine except the sound. In systeminfo it says no sound installed. Any help is appreciated. Tried several times now following the guide and also patch the 10.11.4 sound fix for pro books.

Edit: sound problems like in it works on 10.11.3 with PBI but not on 10.11.3 with this guide.

Probook G1 450
Intel I5 HD4200
12GB RAM

Read post #1, "Problem Reporting".

It means you didn't run ./download.sh and ./install_downloads.sh.

Read the guide carefully.

Really thought I ran that haha, got it fully working now! Working ethernet and sound. Super happy with this guide. Even 6 hours battery time. Thanks :)

Attachments

• IMG_20160628_123442.jpg
    IMG_20160628_123442.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 143
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back