Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello RehabMan,
hibernation is disabled and yes, i followed this guide, it's the best, thanx for that. I just wanted to know, maybe it's possible to use hibernation meanwhile.
Stand by is the actual problem for me, if I do not use the notebook a few minutes, it goes into standby and when I activate it again, the display flickers, especially when I move the mouse. Do you have any idea?
Unfortunately sometimes I have another problem when I start the notebook, the mouse and the keyboard are not working. After restart it's ok again.

- drivers64UEFI -
FSInject-64.efi
HFSPlus.efi
HPFanReset.efi
OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi
OsxFatBinaryDrv-64.efi

- kexts -
BrcmFirmwareData.kext
BrcmPatchRAM2.kext
FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext
FakePCIID.kext
FakeSMC.kext
RealtekRTL8111.kext
VoodooPS2Controller.kext
VoodooPS2Daemon

P.S: Signature updated :)

Read post #1, "Problem Reporting". Note: VoodooPS2Dameon is not a kext.

It is unlikely regenerating SSDT.aml from ssdtPRgen.sh will make any difference... no changes to that script for Sandy Bridge for a long time.

Do a fresh install.

Hi everyone,

Finally yesterday I did a fresh install following this guide and I still had the problem (each time my laptop comes back from sleep, hungs). I tried with 10.11.4 and 10.11.5, same results. What I'am doing wrong?!

So I restored a backup from 06/22/2016 (10.11.4, just before migrate to hotpatch setup), and I was surprised that was working perfectly (sleep and wake up several times, and no problems). Until I did boot without caches and rebuild cache (sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /), then the problem re-appears. After that I did follow all the steps again to migrate from PBI-CE to hotpatch, carefully and step by step, but the problem didn't go away...

So I did restore again today and it's working like a charm. More than seven times went to sleep and is still up. Seems to be that the cache stored in the system partition is working great.

I am considering stay in 10.11.4, but I would like to be able to clear cache and still have my computer working fine.

- When I rebuild cache, files from the EFI partition are copied to the system partition?
It's the only explanation I have for this, as my EFI partition files are the same as the ones when I had problems when I updated to 10.11.5 (and Time Machine just deleted and restored the system partition).

- In case I'm right, I can restore my EFI partition files? Is it okay if I copy the CLOVER folder from the backup files (Clover UEFI installer creates one copy each time I update) to the same place within the EFI partition?

- There's a way to compare the contents from cache to the other ones? Maybe comparing kexts I could find a guilty one...

Thank you!!

- When I rebuild cache, files from the EFI partition are copied to the system partition?
It's the only explanation I have for this, as my EFI partition files are the same as the ones when I had problems when I updated to 10.11.5 (and Time Machine just deleted and restored the system partition).

No. Rebuilding cache does not affect EFI contents.

From where did you download OS X?

Maybe your problem is related to USB3 and GenericUSBXHCI.kext. Remove it and test.

Also how much RAM installed? Best to have 8GB.

Where is that?

The main Clover guide is linked from this guide post #1. If you followed this guide. You use it to create your USB installer. It is two parts in post #1 and post #2. Refer to post #1 here for the link.

No. Rebuilding cache does not affect EFI contents.

From where did you download OS X?

Maybe your problem is related to USB3 and GenericUSBXHCI.kext. Remove it and test.

Also how much RAM installed? Best to have 8GB.

- Ok, I thought that the EFI partition contents cause the system hang ups.
To restore is it okay to overwrite the CLOVER folder in the EFI partition from a backup just using Finder or Terminal?

- I download Mac OS X always from AppStore.

- GenericUSBXHCI.kext: I was using to have USB3 functional, so makes sense!!
I will go to /S/L/E folder and delete the kext and clear cache (in this case to see if the problem is still on).
Usually clear cache process is needed after delete a kext file?

- My system has 8GB installed.

Thank you very much.

- Ok, I thought that the EFI partition contents cause the system hang ups.
To restore is it okay to overwrite the CLOVER folder in the EFI partition from a backup just using Finder or Terminal?

Post #1 contains complete instructions for setting up EFI/Clover.

Hi RehabMan when updating Clover do i Customize the same way i did after installing OS X???

Hi RehabMan when updating Clover do i Customize the same way i did after installing OS X???

Yes. If you already installed Clover with the Clover installer, it will remember your selections.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back