Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The tutorial you linked me to uses config. plist for intel graphics but i have a amd Radeon graphics card on my hp probook 6570b what do i do?
Using a Discrete graphics card with these laptops is not possible and is stated so in the guide. The files provided and the instructions clearly state that any discrete graphics cards these laptops have are disabled when OS X is running.

Why would you want to use your discrete card with OS X anyways? Just dual-boot with Windows to use it as there are more choices for games than on mac.

Using a Discrete graphics card with these laptops is not possible and is stated so in the guide. The files provided and the instructions clearly state that any discrete graphics cards these laptops have are disabled when OS X is running.

Why would you want to use your discrete card with OS X anyways? Just dual-boot with Windows to use it as there are more choices for games than on mac.

I just want to get osx running on this laptop i dont care about resolution or performance but i need sound and Ethernet thats all . So can you tell me how to get it work?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20160617-215522.png
    Screenshot_20160617-215522.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 95
I just want to get osx running on this laptop i dont care about resolution or performance but i need sound and Ethernet thats all . So can you tell me how to get it work?

OS X is pretty much useless without QE/CI.

So it means that using a amd Radeon card its useless to run osx on my laptop

So it means that using a amd Radeon card its useless to run osx on my laptop

No. Meaning that ATI Graphics is exsperimental. But without any graphics acceleration OS X is pretty much useless.

No. Meaning that ATI Graphics is exsperimental. But without any graphics acceleration OS X is pretty much useless.

If i want to install osx even though the graphics is experimental how do i do that . can you tell me , i am a beginner i have an hp probook 6570b.

Hi,

I have a question, in "Updates to the patch repositories" I read this:
In the case any of the SSDTs are updated, you will need to copy them to your EFI partition (as when you originally installed). Same goes for updates to the plist files. It is a good idea to update to the latest files before contemplating applying major updates to the system.

This means that I need to do something else (copy these files to my EFI partition?) than execute the following in Terminal??
Code:
cd ~/Projects/probook.git
git stash
git pull
./download.sh
./install_downloads.sh
./build.sh

Thanks!!

T

This guide does not provide a config. plist for amd Radeon graphics which i have on my hp probook 6570b

The new guide does not support AMD graphics. If you look at my repo, you will find a fork of it that does, but realize there is an issue with sleep with 10.11 Radeon graphics drivers (black screen) that is likely a showstopper for most.

The tutorial you linked me to uses config. plist for intel graphics but i have a amd Radeon graphics card on my hp probook 6570b what do i do?

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

Mobo: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
Mobo: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Note: When specifying your bootloader, if using Clover legacy, please be sure to specify "Clover legacy"). Specifying "Clover" will be assumed as "Clover UEFI"

--

If you're not sure about your actual hardware config, post output from 'lspci -nn' in Linux Terminal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back