Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello RehabMan,

Problems with my 650 G1 Haswell

after Sleep the internal Display work but the external Display not working (no Picture) but it´s in Display Settings aktive
after deep Sleep the Displays (internal and external on DisplayPort) are Black (no Picture) that i must Power off and restart.

The ssdt´s, config, and kext are updated today but the Problem are the same

What do you mean by "Sleep" vs. "deep Sleep". If you followed the guide, hibernation (sometimes referred to as "deep Sleep") should be disabled.

Do fresh install for comparison... (I see some extra software installed that is not needed and could cause problems).

What do you mean by "Sleep" vs. "deep Sleep". If you followed the guide, hibernation (sometimes referred to as "deep Sleep") should be disabled.

Do fresh install for comparison... (I see some extra software installed that is not needed and could cause problems).

Sleep= Display off in x Min
Deep Sleep = Power LED flashes

Sleep= Display off in x Min

That is not sleep. That is only "display sleep" (sometimes referred as "away mode").

Deep Sleep = Power LED flashes

That is not deep sleep. That is just sleep (ACPI S3).

Does the problem only happen with an external monitor plugged, or does it happen with just the internal display?

Hi RehabMan,

First of all I want to thank you for all the information and your help.

I was working fine with Mac OS X 10.11.4 and some kexts updated from your projects in GitHub. Originally I've installed my system using the "HP Probook Installer Clover Edition".

After migrate to the hotpatch setup and update to 10.11.5 something is wrong because now my computer hangs (mostly when coming back from sleep).

My machine is an HP ProBook 4530s (Intel Core i3)

Yesterday I wanted to update to 10.11.5 and did all this:
- Updated Clover to the latest version (3556), just as I did always (downloaded from here and installed next-next-next)
- Reboot
- Migrated to hotpatch setup following all the steps provided in "To transition from PBI-CE based install"
- The only thing I skipped is customize the SMBIOS with Clover Configurator (big problem here?)
- After reboot and see that the system was ok (didn't check everything, my fault) I did install 10.11.5 update from AppStore
- My computer rebooted (some error lines were shown) when the bar was showing 5 minutes left, Clover was shown with no theme but the system booted, and the update installation continue and finished without any problem.
- After another reboot my system was updated to 10.11.5
- I had no sound, but after reboot without caches and rebuild cache audio came back.

Everything seems to work perfectly, but each time the system starts from sleep it hungs.

I've attached all the files you request for troubleshooting.

Thank you!!!
Ernesto.

Attachments

• PROBLEMS.zip
    3.4 MB · Views: 85
Hi RehabMan,

First of all I want to thank you for all the information and your help.

I was working fine with Mac OS X 10.11.4 and some kexts updated from your projects in GitHub. Originally I've installed my system using the "HP Probook Installer Clover Edition".

After migrate to the hotpatch setup and update to 10.11.5 something is wrong because now my computer hangs (mostly when coming back from sleep).

My machine is an HP ProBook 4530s (Intel Core i3)

Yesterday I wanted to update to 10.11.5 and did all this:
- Updated Clover to the latest version (3556), just as I did always (downloaded from here and installed next-next-next)
- Reboot
- Migrated to hotpatch setup following all the steps provided in "To transition from PBI-CE based install"
- The only thing I skipped is customize the SMBIOS with Clover Configurator (big problem here?)
- After reboot and see that the system was ok (didn't check everything, my fault) I did install 10.11.5 update from AppStore
- My computer rebooted (some error lines were shown) when the bar was showing 5 minutes left, Clover was shown with no theme but the system booted, and the update installation continue and finished without any problem.
- After another reboot my system was updated to 10.11.5
- I had no sound, but after reboot without caches and rebuild cache audio came back.

Everything seems to work perfectly, but each time the system starts from sleep it hungs.

I've attached all the files you request for troubleshooting.

Thank you!!!
Ernesto.

Did you remember to disable hibernation?
Is BIOS up-to-date?
Did you try a fresh install?
Try also without TRIM patch (some SSDs are not compatible with OSX/TRIM).

The problem is shown here:
Code:
Jun 22 22:05:46 Georgs-MacBook-Pro configd[50]: timed out waiting for IOKit to quiesce
Jun 22 22:05:46 Georgs-MacBook-Pro configd[50]: Busy services :
Jun 22 22:05:46 Georgs-MacBook-Pro configd[50]:   MacBookPro9,2 [1, 62472 ms]
Jun 22 22:05:46 Georgs-MacBook-Pro configd[50]:   MacBookPro9,2/AppleACPIPlatformExpert [1, 62384 ms]
Jun 22 22:05:46 Georgs-MacBook-Pro configd[50]:   MacBookPro9,2/AppleACPIPlatformExpert/PCI0@0 [1, 62269 ms]
Jun 22 22:05:46 Georgs-MacBook-Pro configd[50]:   MacBookPro9,2/AppleACPIPlatformExpert/PCI0@0/AppleACPIPCI [1, 62207 ms]
Jun 22 22:05:46 Georgs-MacBook-Pro configd[50]:   MacBookPro9,2/AppleACPIPlatformExpert/PCI0@0/AppleACPIPCI/IGPU@2 [2, 58705 ms]
Jun 22 22:05:46 Georgs-MacBook-Pro configd[50]:   MacBookPro9,2/AppleACPIPlatformExpert/PCI0@0/AppleACPIPCI/IGPU@2/AppleIntelCapriController [!matched, 1, 28645 ms]

The "timed out waiting for IOKit to quiesce" means a start/probe in a kext is hung up waiting, and the system only gives a approx 60 seconds for that to resolve. (hence the 62384, 62269, 62207ms...). After the timeout, it cancels...

You can see it is hanging up in the IGPU related matching/starting...

It is because your laptop has no IMEI on the PCI bus (8086:1e3a, I searched in ioreg) ... you can confirm in Linux with 'lspci -nn'.

OS X requires IMEI. It is a motherboard/firmware flash/defective hardware sort of thing. You can try reflashing BIOS or looking online for a way to reflash IMEI firmware (or install Windows including IMEI driver to see if it fixes), but often it means motherboard replacement.

I flashed the ME Part of the bios and now it's working! Boot up times are now very fast.
Thanks for you help RehabMan :thumbup:

I flashed the ME Part of the bios and now it's working! Boot up times are now very fast.
Thanks for you help RehabMan :thumbup:

You might want to explain in detail how the ME firmware is flashed on this laptop... For the next person...

Rehabman - here's the Zbook Studio G3 laptop information. This thing would make a KILLER hackintosh.

See if it seems feasible to pull this off.

Attachments

• ZBookStudioG3.zip
    69.1 KB · Views: 85
Rehabman - here's the Zbook Studio G3 laptop information. This thing would make a KILLER hackintosh.

See if it seems feasible to pull this off.

This is Intel+Nvidia (eg, NVidia Optimus... ZBookStudioG3_Specs.txt are inaccurate). Nvidia can't be used, of course. Follow the guide as it was a 4x0 G3 or 8x0 G3 (same audio codec)

Note: Some of the other ZBooks had Nvidia dedicated to HDMI (true dual-GPU). That may be the case with yours too. You can find out in Windows...

Last edited:
Did you remember to disable hibernation?
Is BIOS up-to-date?
Did you try a fresh install?
Try also without TRIM patch (some SSDs are not compatible with OSX/TRIM).

- Didn't check the hibernation as I didn't read "Power management" before. Now I've checked it and seems to be ok.
Code:
MacBook-Pro:~ ernesto$ pmset -g | grep hibernatemode
hibernatemode        0
MacBook-Pro:~ ernesto$ sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 0
Password:
MacBook-Pro:~ ernesto$ sudo rm /var/vm/sleepimage
rm: /var/vm/sleepimage: is a directory
MacBook-Pro:~ ernesto$ sudo mkdir /var/vm/sleepimage
mkdir: /var/vm/sleepimage: File exists
MacBook-Pro:~ ernesto$

- My BIOS is up to date (Ver. F.60 released 03/13/2015)

- I want to avoid a fresh install for now...

- Is there a problem not customizing the SMBIOS with Clover Configurator? Do you recommend me to customize the SMBIOS?
I see that my hackintosh does not have the same serial number I had before move to hotpatch setup and update to 10.11.5, and iCloud is asking for my password almost each time the system reboots.

- My primary drive is a Kingston HyperX SSD, and never had problems (nor slow boot or constant fsck). TRIM is enabled as always.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back