Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont need camera and am happy that it doesn't work :) Can this cause problems when letting the USB2 port enabled?

For the benefit of others, you should go through the "USB customization" effort.

I thought i have uploaded them, but anyway. I attached again.

Please see other edits regarding brightness keys.

I have removed your patched SSDT for layout-id 5, because i use layout-id 3 as mirone said. I hope it was correct by just removing the SSDT and switch the 0 to 3 in clover config.plist. The layout and Platform patches are also removed and not present. I setup new install of macOS and did not use your scripts for installation.

If you're not going to follow the guide here, you should take your posts to a separate thread.

If you and Mirone come up with a patched AppleHDA.kext that works better, attach it here and I'll integrate it into the github project.

It doesn't really matter how you set it, but you should be aware of how it affects which keys you need to press for your brightness/volume keys.
Yes i am. Instead of adapting the ACPI i switch physical the keys ... :headbang:
Regarding the other minor problems, i will see what i can make and will report back.
Thanks again for your help and the provided files from your repo!

Yes i am. Instead of adapting the ACPI i switch physical the keys ... :headbang:

So it doesn't work if they are switched in BIOS? Is there a note I should add to post #1?

Note: added specific support for EliteBook 8x0 G3 Skylake in the repo: https://github.com/RehabMan/HP-ProB...mmit/29b32f675d93db23f14f81be0ca51bd36e7302e9

The USB SSDT needs work as previously noted.

Note: No problem temporarily removing the SSDT that injects layout-id (and using Clover for it), but you'll be missing "hda-gfx" and the USWE fix that is specific to the G3.

Last edited:
Is it okay to use SSDT-KEY87.aml instead of either SSDT-KEY102.aml or SSDT-KEY97.aml??? thank you

So it doesn't work if they are switched in BIOS? Is there a note I should add to post #
Figured it out. I do not need any KEY*.aml files in ACPI/patched folder to get it working. Thought i removed all, but the KEY102 was still present ... The keys work out of the box. Sleep, brightness, volume buttons. If you switch the bios option, you can reach the functions without pressing Fn.
Note: added specific support for EliteBook 8x0 G3 Skylake in the repo: https://github.com/RehabMan/HP-ProB...mmit/29b32f675d93db23f14f81be0ca51bd36e7302e9
Maybe you can remove KEY*.aml files from script that they not going to be installed for Elitebook G3 users.

Note: No problem temporarily removing the SSDT that injects layout-id (and using Clover for it), but you'll be missing "hda-gfx" and the USWE fix that is specific to the G3.
I have now implemented the SSDT-4x0-G3-Skylake again, but compiled it with layout-id 3. This one is very important to shorten the boot process. Layout 3 takes also place, so i can use it with Mirones AppleHDA. Maybe he is able to help me out with the headphone.

I have noticed some minor bugs:
Sound loss after sleep - what can i do? Noticed the same behavior while using your installation script.
No real sleep after LID close - only if i press Fn+F1 or AppleLogo -> Sleep the systems goes to real sleep.
Battery Status (5 seconds) - will install BatteryDebug.kext tomorrow
DisplayPort sound

Hello guys,
i need some help with my hackintosh :)
I have HP ProBook 450 G3 (i5-6200u Skylake, 256GB SSD, 8GB Ram) with el capitan + clover installed on it already. I know that the wifi card Intel AC-3165 (3165NGW) is unsupported, therefore i'm looking for a replacement. I know it must be a BCM94352Z, but it is not easy to find them, speacially for a good price. I found a DW-1560, it's seems to be the same card, but in the description of this card is always notes, that it does not work with HP. Can i ignore this and buy the card? Or can i use some other card maybe?

Figured it out. I do not need any KEY*.aml files in ACPI/patched folder to get it working. Thought i removed all, but the KEY102 was still present ... The keys work out of the box. Sleep, brightness, volume buttons. If you switch the bios option, you can reach the functions without pressing Fn.

Maybe you can remove KEY*.aml files from script that they not going to be installed for Elitebook G3 users.

One of the KEY files is required for full functionality. You will not have the ability to switch Fn keys within SysPrefs->Keyboard without it.

Please run the debug VoodooPS2Controller.kext and provide the output from system.log when pressing each of your brightness keys.

I have now implemented the SSDT-4x0-G3-Skylake again, but compiled it with layout-id 3. This one is very important to shorten the boot process. Layout 3 takes also place, so i can use it with Mirones AppleHDA. Maybe he is able to help me out with the headphone.

I think you mean SSDT-8x0-G3-Skylake... And of course, you need to use layout5_HDEF.asl, but change the layout-id within to 3 (to run Mirone experiments). You might want to remove the CodecCommander pinconfigs from that file too, as they might interfere with things Mirone is doing in the kext.

The reason boot time would be slow without it is because this SSDT does an important thing regarding IMEI rename.

I have noticed some minor bugs:
Sound loss after sleep - what can i do? Noticed the same behavior while using your installation script.

I would need to see "Problem Reporting" files and output in system.log from debug CodecCommander.

No real sleep after LID close - only if i press Fn+F1 or AppleLogo -> Sleep the systems goes to real sleep.

Keep in mind 15-20 second delay. And all assertions must be clear (check with 'pmset -g assertions').

DisplayPort sound

Need to see "Problem Reporting" files.

Hello guys,
i need some help with my hackintosh :)
I have HP ProBook 450 G3 (i5-6200u Skylake, 256GB SSD, 8GB Ram) with el capitan + clover installed on it already. I know that the wifi card Intel AC-3165 (3165NGW) is unsupported, therefore i'm looking for a replacement. I know it must be a BCM94352Z, but it is not easy to find them, speacially for a good price. I found a DW-1560, it's seems to be the same card, but in the description of this card is always notes, that it does not work with HP. Can i ignore this and buy the card? Or can i use some other card maybe?

DW1560 is the same as BCM94352Z.

Notes in the listing are wrong for your laptop, as you do not have a BIOS whitelist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back