Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Puh. And again, macOS shuts down ... while being paired with the audio device ... :banghead:
I have some range problems with my T430, but this uses an old bluetoothchip and maybe a bit related to 10.11.
But these immediate shutdowns seems to be like a driver issue ... I saw you have such a chip too. Do you encounter any problems with the BCM94352Z?

//EDIT: Does it maybe has to do with windows shutdown and restart option? Because windows does not really shutdown everything if i klick shutdown. it only shutdown everything if you klick on restart ... Maybe the device is still somehow in use???
Because i deactivated the bluetooth module and klicked restart. Now i can use BT as i wanted without shutdowns of macOS...

The problem you have might be caused by VoodooHDA.

Or even Boom.

Well voodooHDA could the problem. Haven't thought of it. Boom is quite stable, because i used it on my current notebook with el capitan and BT and never experienced such weirdness....

//EDIT: Okay i will try some time with your AppleHDA and without voodoo.

Last edited:
Well voodooHDA could the problem. Haven't thought of it. Boom is quite stable, because i used it on my current notebook with el capitan and BT and never experienced such weirdness....

//EDIT: Okay i will try some time with your AppleHDA and without voodoo.

Try also without Boom. I've seen numerous problems with it...

Fundamental to troubleshooting is isolation. You don't want to introduce variables unnecessarily.

Thanks, will do!
Right now the adapter from displayport -> DVI/VGA/HDMI finally arrived.
So i can confirm that displayport works. But is there a patch for Displayport audio?

Would need to see ioreg.

ioreg attached.

I notice you're using the 4x0_g3 files (config/install script/USB SSDT).

That is all working out ok? Did you verify all USB ports working with the 4x0_G3 SSDT for USB? Is KEY102 working ok, or should it be KEY87?

Part of the problem with DP audio using those files with your laptop is that the 4x0_G3 has HDMI, not DP. Requires a slightly different config.plist setup (no HDMI audio patch).

I only have 2 USB ports and both work fine.

Here is a list was is partial working:
KEY102 and 87 - not working. At the moment i don't use any of them. VolUp + VolDown are correct mapped, but bightnessUp and Down not. But thats not the problem.
Headphones - not working - i asked mirone for help, because he wrote the AppleHDA for Conexant CX20274.
BatteryStatus - working, but loads 5 seconds after system started - the first 5 seconds i have the battery icon disabled, like the akku is not inserted.

Ok i will remove the 2 HDMI audio patches from config.plist.
I also saw that there are 3 patches for CS20724. I injected layout-id 3 with clover and implemented the AppleHDA code from mirone. Maybe your statements conflict with it?

Last edited:
I only have 2 USB ports and both work fine.

Looking at your ioreg, there is an extra port that should be disabled (HS04 is a USB2 port on the ProBook G3).
And your camera is not working (so it might be on a different port than HS06).

See guide post #1, "USB customization".

Here is a list was is partial working:
KEY102 and 87 - not working. At the moment i don't use any of them. VolUp + VolDown are correct mapped, but bightnessUp and Down not. But thats not the problem.

KEY102 vs. 87 do not affect brightness keys. That is a separate issue.

It is likely your keys are handled via ACPI. We haven't seen this with the ProBook/EliteBook series, but it would not be surprising (it is about time HP did that change).

You didn't provide ACPI/origin with your last "Problem Reporting" files (failure to press F4), so no idea on what to do for fixing...

Looking at the files from patchmatic -extract, I don't see any signs of ACPI handling of brightness keys. So it is possible that you're pressing the wrong keys (some BIOS have an option for reversing Fn+Fxx and Fxx keys), or it is possible it is that the PS2 key code assignments have changed. You can use the debug VoodooPS2Controller to see what is going on.

BatteryStatus - working, but loads 5 seconds after system started - the first 5 seconds i have the battery icon disabled, like the driver is not present or not loaded in time.

If you wish to investigate, install debug ACPIBatteryManager.kext and look at the logs from system.log.

Ok i will remove the 2 HDMI audio patches from config.plist.
I also saw that there are 3 patches for CS20724. I injected layout-id 3 with clover and implemented the AppleHDA code from mirone. Maybe your statements conflict with it?

Clover's layout-id inject will not affect anything... ACPI overrides it. The patches will simply not have any effect if you have patched AppleHDA installed. Note that the files in the repo are based on Mirone's kext (so result is the same) but will survive updates...

Last edited:
Looking at your ioreg, there is an extra port that should be disabled (HS04 is a USB2 port on the ProBook G3).
And your camera is not working (so it might be on a different port than HS06).

See guide post #1, "USB customization".
I dont need camera and am happy that it doesn't work :) Can this cause problems when letting the USB2 port enabled?

KEY102 vs. 87 do not affect brightness keys. That is a separate issue.

It is likely your keys are handled via ACPI. We haven't seen this with the ProBook/EliteBook series, but it would not be surprising (it is about time HP did that change).

You didn't provide ACPI/origin with your last "Problem Reporting" files (failure to press F4), so no idea on what to do for fixing...
I thought i have uploaded them, but anyway. I attached again.
If you wish to investigate, install debug ACPIBatteryManager.kext and look at the logs from system.log.
Sure, why not. But first i have to resolve audio problems with headphone. This is more important to me, than the battery icon :D
Clover's layout-id inject will not affect anything... ACPI overrides it. The patches will simply not have any effect if you have patched AppleHDA installed. Note that the files in the repo are based on Mirone's kext (so result is the same) but will survive updates...
I have removed your patched SSDT for layout-id 5, because i use layout-id 3 as mirone said. I hope it was correct by just removing the SSDT and switch the 0 to 3 in clover config.plist. The layout and Platform patches are also removed and not present. I setup new install of macOS and did not use your scripts for installation.

Attachments

• original_DSDT_SSDT.zip
    130.9 KB · Views: 61
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back