Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kind of lost here

Attachments

• KUL’s MacBook Air.ioreg
    3.4 MB · Views: 115
  • RehabMan.zip
    68.6 KB · Views: 65
It has been a while since I looked (and am away from my 4540s now), but from what I remember the WiFi light is white when WiFi+BT are on, amber when off.
thats is correct when BT+WiFi the light is white, otherwise amber.

@RehabMan

I have just updated my HP Probook 450 G2 Haswell from the PBI to your hotpatch method: excellent work from you, thank you!

Here are some minor issues I have noticed (for my model):

- the G2 Haswell uses the SSDT-KEY87.aml
- install_acpi.sh without argument prints help text that lists various fanpref options (other: MOD, ORIG, SILENT), but the option SILENT is not known, should read QUIET
- my USB configuration is different from the one in hotpatch/SSDT-USB-4x0-G2.dsl: my laptop uses SSP1 (0x0a) and SSP2 (0x0b) instead of SSP3 and SSP4 (device ID is 0x9c31, in case that matters)

For now I have manually changed SSDT-USB-4x0-G2.dsl in order to make these two USB3.0 ports on the left hand side of my laptop work. I don't know how best to incorporate this into the repo if other users with the same model have no issues with the current configuration?

Regards

Kind of lost here

Be specific about your issue. "lost" is not descriptive enough.

Also, read post #1, "Problem Reporting". All files/output requested must accompany any problem report.

@RehabMan

I have just updated my HP Probook 450 G2 Haswell from the PBI to your hotpatch method: excellent work from you, thank you!

Here are some minor issues I have noticed (for my model):

- the G2 Haswell uses the SSDT-KEY87.aml
- install_acpi.sh without argument prints help text that lists various fanpref options (other: MOD, ORIG, SILENT), but the option SILENT is not known, should read QUIET
- my USB configuration is different from the one in hotpatch/SSDT-USB-4x0-G2.dsl: my laptop uses SSP1 (0x0a) and SSP2 (0x0b) instead of SSP3 and SSP4 (device ID is 0x9c31, in case that matters)

For now I have manually changed SSDT-USB-4x0-G2.dsl in order to make these two USB3.0 ports on the left hand side of my laptop work. I don't know how best to incorporate this into the repo if other users with the same model have no issues with the current configuration?

Regards

I will change KEY102->KEY87 and fix the help text for the fan preference.

As far as USB configuration, you will need to provide the data requested in "USB customization". I'll probably just add the SSP1/SSP2 ports. I'll try to look up the source of the current data.

It could have been that the data in 9xxx was formulated before we realized that we had a separate 9cb1 (that that data might be actually picked up by 9cb1), so I may just go with your data for 9c31...

It would be great if you could provide data on the location of each port HSxx, SSPx.

Last edited:
Be specific about your issue. "lost" is not descriptive enough.

Also, read post #1, "Problem Reporting". All files/output requested must accompany any problem report. Here are the files

Attachments

• RehabMan.zip
    68.6 KB · Views: 78
  • KUL’s MacBook Air.ioreg
    3.4 MB · Views: 90
Here are the files

You did not mention the problem you have.
You did not provide kextstat, kextcache, ls output as requested in "Problem Reporting".
You did not provide EFI/Clover as requested in "Problem Reporting".

Please describe your issue in detail.

Please provide all files and output requested in post #1, "Problem Reporting".

Please describe your issue in detail.
When i open about this mac ....Its Mac Pro Early 2008 but in system report its Mac BookAir 7,2 What haven't i done ? Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back