Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
USBInjectAll.kext is dual role... depends on how it is configured:
- discovery: with -uia_ignore_rmcf (to ignore any custom configuration) or without a custom SSDT (UIAC.RMCF), it injects all possible ports for the set of USB controllers present
- customization: with custom SSDT (UIAC.RMCF) and without -uia_ignore_rmcf, it injects only the ports specified by the SSDT
Got it .
i tried to find a way to automate the IOREG process but i can't find a way , i made a small Automator command (Which is kind of silly but, you know someone might find it usefull)
Here i upload it and for anyone who decides to use it , Make sure IOREG is in Application folder and run the script it would do the rest .

Attachments

• IOreg-auto.zip
    61.6 KB · Views: 64
RehabMan After few hours and some rebooting the Audio gone again !! , i've changed nothing !
and the kextstat shows Apple_Hda not loading , rebooted and rebuild cache with no luck . What happened !!

Attachments

• Problem_Reporting.zip
    3 MB · Views: 82
Last edited:
interestingly enough...left my notebook (850G2 on adapter) to run an errand. Returned after 40 minutes away and noticed my WiFi light is now White instead of Amber as it should be. Will attempt to repeat on the 4540s and see what happens.

Energy Saver Settings are: Turn Display OFF after 10minutes, NO boxes checked.
Screen Saver: start after 10minutes (i know, doesnt jive with the above)

RehabMan After few hours and some rebooting the Audio gone again !! , i've changed nothing !
and the kextstat shows Apple_Hda not loading , rebooted and rebuild cache with no luck . What happened !!

Okay Repeated the guide (The KEXT and SSDT Part) and I'm able to get the Audio back . i don't know what happened in the first place but i think somehow the Apple_hda Kext with corrupted !!
if you've better explanation I'd love to hear it RehabMan .

Something is messing up your kernel cache (you will need to rebuild it as per post #1).

If the problem persists, do a fresh install to a second partition for comparison...

interestingly enough...left my notebook (850G2 on adapter) to run an errand. Returned after 40 minutes away and noticed my WiFi light is now White instead of Amber as it should be. Will attempt to repeat on the 4540s and see what happens.

It has been a while since I looked (and am away from my 4540s now), but from what I remember the WiFi light is white when WiFi+BT are on, amber when off.

Hi,
i'm trying to create a triple boot on my 8460p.
My goal:

- all operating system on one drive
- boot selection of them with clover bootloader
- i don't need that every partition is accessible from every os, i use external disk of 1TB for data storing

in my first try i have:
- successfuly installed osx and clover
- tried to install windows 10 in uefi mode but no success for some parttion issue, error regarding gpt partition
- linux install not possible at this point

in my second try of today:
- i want to install for first windows 10 in UEFI mode
- i want to install Linux Mint 64bit
- i want to install osx and the apply clover installer for make identificable all 3 os on startup

question:
- after installing windows 10 i see efi partition of 100MB, i've to resize it to at least 200MB for make it working with OS installation? can i use partion manager or others?

any help/suggestion will be appreciated.

edit:
installed windows 10 from Boot from EFI file > USB > Efi > Boot > bootx64.efi
it create 3 partition

1 Efi 100MB
2 MSR 16MB
3 85GB for windows 10 operating system

4 160GB free space

installation complete successfully

then i try to install Linux Mint with the same start procedure
Boot from EFI file > USB > Efi > Boot > bootx64.efi

appear desktop from where i launch Install linux Mint

all goes ok until i have to select partition where to install

I go into free space and select "+" and create ext4 partition with journaling of 30GB
and a 600MB partition as swap partition.

the 100MB efi partition must be resized?
After Linux installation it require reboot, after that i don't have grub boot loader but it goes straight into windows 10 .

Attachments

• 20120310_210203.jpg
    20120310_210203.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 76
  • 20120310_212410.jpg
    20120310_212410.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 72
  • 20120310_212419.jpg
    20120310_212419.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 59
Last edited:
Hi,
i'm trying to create a triple boot on my 8460p.
My goal:

- all operating system on one drive
- boot selection of them with clover bootloader
- i don't need that every partition is accessible from every os, i use external disk of 1TB for data storing

in my first try i have:
- successfuly installed osx and clover
- tried to install windows 10 in uefi mode but no success for some parttion issue, error regarding gpt partition

Make sure you read post #2 of the main Clover guide. It has important information regarding Windows dual-boot.

- linux install not possible at this point

Make sure you install Linux in UEFI mode.

Following clover main guide , i have deleted every partition from disk to redo in correct way every step:

1) boot from OSX Usb stick and under disk utility i create a 130Gb partition leaving the remaining space
2) now i'm completing installation.
3) After completing instead of launch clover install, can i install Windows 10 and linux and apply at the end Clover?
another question , if i press f9 to boot froma device i have only in uefi mode boot from uefi file, upgrade bay UEFI and hard disk UEFI, but not usb in uefi mode....so i have to launch from efi file on usb key ....instead is useful to run installation in uefi mode from dvd? i have both dvd of windows 10 64bit and linux mint 64bit.

thanks

Attachments

• 20120311_034448.jpg
    20120311_034448.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 94
  • 20120311_034519.jpg
    20120311_034519.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 103
3) After completing instead of launch clover install, can i install Windows 10 and linux and apply at the end Clover?

Order of installing Clover vs. Windows/Linux does not matter.

if i press f9 to boot froma device i have only in uefi mode boot from uefi file, upgrade bay UEFI and hard disk UEFI, but not usb in uefi mode....

You can browse to the USB device via "boot from EFI file".

instead is useful to run installation in uefi mode from dvd? i have both dvd of windows 10 64bit and linux mint 64bit.

No experience with Mint. But it does not matter whether you launch the Win10 installer from USB or DVD. I always use USB due to the convenience and speed advantage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back