Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You did not install the correct ACPI files in ACPI/patched (you are missing a model specific SSDT). Make sure you use install_acpi.sh to install the correct files for your model.

Also, you did not install USBInjectAll.kext. It is installed by ./download.sh and ./install_downloads.sh. Why did you delete it?

Follow the guide as written.
because i have an optimized SSD-USB.aml file , as i remember the inject all usb kext works to investigate which ports are in use and create the .aml file
and i installed the SSDT files the correct way going to reboot .

because i have an optimized SSD-USB.aml file , as i remember the inject all usb kext works to investigate which ports are in use and create the .aml file
and i installed the SSDT files the correct way going to reboot .
Rebooted HDMI Audio only , no internal audio and no Bluetooth

Wrong. SSDT-USB-*.aml customization does not work without USBInjectAll.kext.

Follow the guide as written.

Read post #1, "Problem Reporting".
we should make a shell script to make the required files for problem reporting , repeating it again and again feels silly .
i can make most of it but the IOREG part is difficult , anyway not to get off topic here's the files .

Attachments

• ProBook.zip
    2.9 MB · Views: 72
we should make a shell script to make the required files for problem reporting , repeating it again and again feels silly .
i can make most of it but the IOREG part is difficult , anyway not to get off topic here's the files .

Guess what... the ioreg part is the only part that cannot be automated... And its the main reason I didn't bother with an automatic script.

What is really silly is people reporting problems without "Problem Reporting" files attached, and my having to ask for them each time.

Your kextcache output shows USBInjectAll.kext improperly installed. Remove it, then re-install:
Code:
sudo rm -rf /Library/Extensions/USBInjectAll.kext
sudo rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/USBInjectAll.kext
./install_downloads.sh

Note: Since install_downloads.sh removes kexts before installing them, I think ./install_downloads.sh alone is enough, but I wanted to make sure.

For audio, boot without caches and rebuild cache, per instructions post #1, "Known Problems" "Audio".

Last edited:
Guess what... the ioreg part is the only part that cannot be automated...

What is really silly is people reporting problems without "Problem Reporting" files attached, and my having to ask for them each time.

Your kextcache output shows USBInjectAll.kext improperly installed. Remove it, then re-install:
Code:
sudo rm -rf /Library/Extensions/USBInjectAll.kext
sudo rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/USBInjectAll.kext
./install_downloads.sh

Note: Since install_downloads.sh removes kexts before installing them, I think ./install_downloads.sh alone is enough, but I wanted to make sure.

For audio, boot without caches and rebuild cache, per instructions post #1, "Known Problems" "Audio".
Yea i kind of feel your pain .
i don't know why ioreg can't be automated , i thought that you created this tool , right ??

Why do i need USBinjectall , previously you said that this kext inject all usb ports and i have to test the one that works then create the SSDT-USB.aml then delete this kext , is this correct ??

And i keep rebooting for the audio .

I've put together a little script to maybe help decrease the number of people asking again and again about problem reporting it takes care of everything except for the IOREG
Here how it works guys
download the script (Click Save as on the link)
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/sameh0/misc/master/Report-To-Rehaman.sh
Open terminal Write Sudo then drag and drop the downloaded script .
after it's done it will produce a Problem_Reporting file on the desktop add the IOREG to it and upload it to RehabMan.

Yea i kind of feel your pain .
i don't know why ioreg can't be automated , i thought that you created this tool , right ??

IORegistryExplorer is provided by Apple.

Why do i need USBinjectall , previously you said that this kext inject all usb ports and i have to test the one that works then create the SSDT-USB.aml then delete this kext , is this correct ??

Incorrect. SSDT-USB-4x0-G2.aml has no effect without it. The SSDT provides a custom configuration for USBInjectAll.kext.

And i keep rebooting for the audio .

Not just reboot... but:
- reboot without caches using the Clover menu (accessed with spacebar key)
- rebuild cache as per post #1

IORegistryExplorer is provided by Apple.

Incorrect. SSDT-USB-4x0-G2.aml has no effect without it. The SSDT provides a custom configuration for USBInjectAll.kext.

Not just reboot... but:
- reboot without caches using the Clover menu (accessed with spacebar key)
- rebuild cache as per post #1
Yup that worked .
and Bluetooth Worked too. i seem to miss understood what is the USB injector role .

Yup that worked .
and Bluetooth Worked too. i seem to miss understood what is the USB injector role .

USBInjectAll.kext is dual role... depends on how it is configured:
- discovery: with -uia_ignore_rmcf (to ignore any custom configuration) or without a custom SSDT (UIAC.RMCF), it injects all possible ports for the set of USB controllers present
- customization: with custom SSDT (UIAC.RMCF) and without -uia_ignore_rmcf, it injects only the ports specified by the SSDT

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back