Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
sorry for bothering... It seems I screwed up my Probook 4540s quite similar to you. Your descriptions and photos look the same as mine. Only thing is, I seem to have misused my USB stick for other purposes, so unlike you, I cannot get it to work anymore. Is there any chance that you could sent me a link to download a clone of your USB stick? I would appreciate your support a lot!

Just recreate your USB stick on a working hack or Mac...

See guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Or fix whatever mess you made without doing that. What is the issue?

Just recreate your USB stick on a working hack or Mac...

Or fix whatever mess you made without doing that. What is the issue?

Thanks for the prompt reply!
No working Mac here, but I can ask someone later this week. That,s why

My situation is similar if not the same as with @cci[RR]us. Panic with com.apple.driver.appleintelcpupowermanagement. Guess I also didn't remove DSDT from previous PBI. I have read all your correspondence with him and will use this, as a start.

Safe mode, shell, whatever is not working

My situation is similar if not the same as with @cci[RR]us. Panic with com.apple.driver.appleintelcpupowermanagement. Guess I also didn't remove DSDT from previous PBI.

Problem is likely wrong config.plist. Or you need to boot without caches.

Thanks! Can shoot myself for not saving the old one.... Never had problems in the past years, so became lazy.... Can't even boot without caches/Kexts as well, same panic

Boot verbose, show photo. Post EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (omit 'themes' folder).

You might try changing SSDT-XOSI.dsl to simulate Windows 10 (refer to the source... SSDT-XOSI.dsl).

No need to delete kexts that aren't loading in the first place. There are many many kexts in /S/L/E (provided by Apple) that never load. This is basic IOKit matching stuff...

The set of kexts are carefully crafted to not load/start when not needed.

Also, IntelBacklight.kext needed for completely working backlight control.

Read post #1, "Problem Reporting" and "USB customization".

I've attached the files you request in "Problem Reporting." I hope I have them all. :)

Last edited:
Hi
Some time this message from iCloud is show(When mac is boot) ! and apple id password should be enter !!!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-05-24 at 04.14.08.png
    Screen Shot 2016-05-24 at 04.14.08.png
    13.8 KB · Views: 111
Hi
Some time this message from iCloud is show(When mac is boot) ! and apple id password should be enter !!!

Normal. Check your iCloud settings for remembering the password, and make sure you created a custom SMBIOS (eg. custom serial#).

I've attached the files you request in "Problem Reporting." I hope I have them all. :)

Looks like in messing with the kexts that were installed, you managed to damage the permissions:
Code:
IOath3kfrmwr.kext has incorrect permissions; omitting.
FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext has incorrect permissions; omitting.

Running install_downloads.sh should fix it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back