Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Updated to 10.11.5 from App store. Pleased to report it went absolutely smoothly, just like a real Mac!

Hi again. In the zip it's everything inside, I hope I didn't left anything. In my signature it's my laptop.

Many thanks,

Attachments

• Jesus Mac.zip
    28.9 MB · Views: 79
Hi again. In the zip it's everything inside, I hope I didn't left anything. In my signature it's my laptop.

Many thanks,

Your EFI folder has no Clover folder (also, EFI not requested).

The ioreg gives the impression that you deleted AppleHDA.kext.

I've got this inside the efi partition. I followed the guide a lot of times. And when I rebuild the cache I can't boot anymore. I had to boot from the Usb installer.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    31.3 MB · Views: 80
I've got this inside the efi partition. I followed the guide a lot of times. And when I rebuild the cache I can't boot anymore. I had to boot from the Usb installer.

EFI partition not requested. Please provide EFI/Clover only. Please remove themes before compressing as ZIP.

It will be much smaller than 31mb.

If you can't boot, boot verbose show photo. And provide the EFI/Clover that corresponds.

I can boot verbose but it goes fast, there is no way to take a photo.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    2.8 MB · Views: 84
I can boot verbose but it goes fast, there is no way to take a photo.

Use video capture.

Comments:
- Clover/kexts is wrong (no kexts there...). As a result, you will not be able to boot recovery, nor the installer.
- please add screen resolution to your profile
- I will need a photo of the panic in order to diagnose the problem

Is your BIOS up-to-date?

From where did you download OS X?

Also needed: All files/output requested in post #1, "Problem Reporting".

Last edited:
Updated to 10.11.5. All good. Nothing broken. A little boot hiccup, but that always happens.

Probook 6570b

Hello. Everything works except the sound.

Attachments

• 111.zip
    3.3 MB · Views: 84
Hi, After UEFI dual booting with windows. The UEFI defaults to the Windows boot manager. Is there a way to default it to Clover as the boot setttings in the HP bios lack finer controls over boot order.

Elitebook 2570p. Bios firmware:f10?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back